• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Caffeine is one of the worst drinks a person can consume if they have anxiety. It always makes me shudder when I see someone I know is struggling with anxiety with that huge cup of Joe in their hand :huh:

Precisely the reason twenty years ago, I took serious stock in suddenly going cold turkey with my caffeine consumption. I was stressed as all get out. There were little if any difficulties as a result. Now if drinking an occasional Coca Cola, it really revs me up! My tolerance is very low to anything that's caffeinated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Precisely the reason twenty years ago, I took serious stock in suddenly going cold turkey with my caffeine consumption. I was stressed as all get out. There were little if any difficulties as a result. Now if drinking an occasional Coca Cola, it really revs me up! My tolerance is very low to anything that's caffeinated. 

The problem with going off caffeine cold turkey is a caffeine headache. I weaned my self off gradually. With doing half decaf and half regular coffee. The only caffeine I consume now is two cups of white tea a day. It has very little caffeine in it. Less than a cup of decaf. My tolerance if very low on any kind of stimulants. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The problem with going off caffeine cold turkey is a caffeine headache. I weaned my self off gradually. With doing half decaf and half regular coffee. The only caffeine I consume now is two cups of white tea a day. It has very little caffeine in it. Less than a cup of decaf. My tolerance if very low on any kind of stimulants. 

Much to my fortune, headaches never occurred when going off caffeine suddenly. I did experience some general lack of energy, but my goodness, it's nothing like the present overall tiredness. The chronic anaemia is a good indicator of that, and not even regular vitamin B-12 shots helped to a recordable level. I suppose it's a long stretch from age 45 and up it by 20 years! Then again, where did the time go? 

153922729_hmmsmiley.gif.6b06674dc11ee78325f0000368fce202.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

Just hang on! God will help you thru it!

15cda303f24726b24d5e7a3377eb7e77.jpg

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,930
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Much to my fortune, headaches never occurred when going off caffeine suddenly. I did experience some general lack of energy, but my goodness, it's nothing like the present overall tiredness. The chronic anaemia is a good indicator of that, and not even regular vitamin B-12 shots helped to a recordable level. I suppose it's a long stretch from age 45 and up it by 20 years! Then again, where did the time go? 

153922729_hmmsmiley.gif.6b06674dc11ee78325f0000368fce202.gif

Maybe,BeauJangles, just maybe you need MORE ELECTROLYTES!!!

Electrolytes are charged metallic “ions” that help balance fluid pressure inside our cells and control the pH of our blood. Normal nerve, heart and muscle function rely on adequate amounts of these minerals, and deficiencies can hamper performance dramatically. Water is consumed per kilogram of body weight more than any other item in the diet, making it a major source of minerals. However, plain water does not supply enough of these minerals anymore.

In the past, our water would come down from the mountains, collect minerals from the rocks, become activated through movement and was free of pollutants.

Today, our water needs to be purified, distilled and treated which can diminish or completely eliminate the mineral content and can lead to an electrolyte imbalance. To top it off, much of the water has become fluoridated, which binds to magnesium and sets you up for fatigue, muscle cramps, and spasms. In fact, the root cause of muscle cramps is usually from a lack of electrolytes, especially magnesium and potassium. While many types of mineral water are still an excellent source of electrolytes, carbonation may not be your best friend during exercise. Sourced from The Healthbeat

• Thanks 1

Another AWESOME day that the Lord has given us to live for Him. ? Such a privilege!

14 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Maybe,BeauJangles, just maybe you need MORE ELECTROLYTES!!!

Electrolytes are charged metallic “ions” that help balance fluid pressure inside our cells and control the pH of our blood. Normal nerve, heart and muscle function rely on adequate amounts of these minerals, and deficiencies can hamper performance dramatically. Water is consumed per kilogram of body weight more than any other item in the diet, making it a major source of minerals. However, plain water does not supply enough of these minerals anymore.

In the past, our water would come down from the mountains, collect minerals from the rocks, become activated through movement and was free of pollutants.

Today, our water needs to be purified, distilled and treated which can diminish or completely eliminate the mineral content and can lead to an electrolyte imbalance. To top it off, much of the water has become fluoridated, which binds to magnesium and sets you up for fatigue, muscle cramps, and spasms. In fact, the root cause of muscle cramps is usually from a lack of electrolytes, especially magnesium and potassium. While many types of mineral water are still an excellent source of electrolytes, carbonation may not be your best friend during exercise. Sourced from The Healthbeat

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate information on this. I hope Gatorade isn't the only affordable way of getting electrolytes, or I'm doomed. It's horrible!  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,930
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Thanks, Michael. I appreciate information on this. I hope Gatorade isn't the only affordable way of getting electrolytes, or I'm doomed. It's horrible!  

I agree. I won't consume the gastly Gatorade stuff but we also have the popular Powerade here which has a variety of flavours most of which very nice. It keeps this 65yr old active despite claims that I'm addicted to it...but no more than any other food or beverage that I like I say.   

October 31st and God is still on the throne. ♥️ It's HIS day. Praise Him today and every other. 

Me and my AMAZING Momma relaxing after a good lunch and paddle ball session.

I love her too the Moon and back a GAZILLION times.

She's my GREATEST encourager.

IMG_20191103_155036996_HDR.jpg