AnOrangeCat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I was going through early Genesis in response to a discussion I saw elsewhere and something really struck me. Genesis 6:5-6 says God saw how evil people had become. He regretted making humanity and that it grieved Him. I've read those verses many times before but that time it really hit deep. We rightly hear a lot about God's love or God's wrath but God's sadness seems understated in comparison. The sadness is there just the same and I imagine it comes in by the day. Reflecting on it made God's love seem all the more real and precious to me. Despite the sadness and regret God still made the sacrifice of Jesus for a broken creation and still helps us in our daily lives with everything ranging from providing for us in all ways to little things like helping us find lost keys.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

God knows the misery and suffering that a moment's selfishness brings.

He also knows what the long term joy, peace and contentment a moment of disciplined self control will bring.

As a parent I've had to watch my children ignore advice and suffer as a result. It is not easy.

God knows the exact consequences of sin and how awefull they truly are.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

500111673_download(2).jpg.559d5fba9397cfad6208da7d554db598.jpg

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Yeah when i see daily events in my feed that consist of missing or murdered children or adults. I just wonder if God weeps everyday-- I know I would. 

But then I think there's good things to balance out the bad. Like babies being born or given to loving families, people that actually try to please God. Animals..lol 

But I do agree that thr other facets of God's make up need to be talked about not just his love and mercy. He isnt a big heart-- he experiences anger and saddness like we do.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

While it is true that God had something similar to sadness at our fall, he knew we would fall and become wicked from the beginning. His plan of redemption was already to go before he ever created Adam. 

When talking about the almighty I don’t believe we ever need to have sympathy on him. Unlike us he actually did something about it and took part in our humanity. He experienced our weaknesses himself so now he can identify fully with us. 

Heb 4:15  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

In the end, everything ever done , be it good or evil, Has been done for the Glorification Of God......God has allowed unspeakable evil to occur in His Universe.It is a reflection of the value He puts on Freedom.Without freedom , the World would be populated with Robots.Life would  have no meaning.God is always in control and He always knows what He is doing .Desiring constant Glory sounds selfish on the surface.Unless you Deserve it.......and He does.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1