What is Gods plan in a break up!

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My boyfriend and I of over a year have recently broken up. He feels that God is calling him to go start his masters program to be a pastor, which is amazing. But he also feels that when he finishes that he is to go into the Navy as a pastor and help there. Again, fantastic. But he said my life would be hard being his wife in these circumstances. And I understand but I feel that God spoke to me and told me that was my husband. And in the Bible it says whatever you ask if you love the lord, he will give you. I’m so confused. Only because I know in this situation a human hans can do nothing.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

WeThere is a key word in this situation.

'feel'

It is a word not to be used about plans for the future.

Your boy friend needs to talk to his pastor about his wanting to do a theological degree and pastor.

If he is not already heavily involved in teaching in Sunday school and other evangelism why does he want to be a pastor?

You have been a boy/girlfriends for a year and you already think he is Mr right. What is his view on this? Talk with him and your pastor about it.

Lastly the Bible does not say that God grants anyone's wishes. No matter how much they belief it does.

Think about it. If it where true would there be any poor Christians in the third world?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 hours ago, Hope19 said:

My boyfriend and I of over a year have recently broken up. He feels that God is calling him to go start his masters program to be a pastor, which is amazing. But he also feels that when he finishes that he is to go into the Navy as a pastor and help there. Again, fantastic. But he said my life would be hard being his wife in these circumstances. And I understand but I feel that God spoke to me and told me that was my husband. And in the Bible it says whatever you ask if you love the lord, he will give you. I’m so confused. Only because I know in this situation a human hans can do nothing.

Hi Hope, 

Welcome to Worthy, as this is your first post here on the forums. It's a little uncertain whether this breakup between you and your boyfriend was a mutual thing or not. It does indicate that your desire would have been for the two of you to be married, however. Do you sense perhaps that he may have fallen out of love with you? I'm asking this because the reasons not to wed almost sound like excuses to me. Sometimes these things do happen. I've experienced this also, and I'm sure many here have as well. It can be really heartbreaking and devastating. The best thing is to continue to pray. God bless you, I'll be praying the Lord's guidance for both of you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/27/2019 at 11:20 AM, Hope19 said:

Apparently God closed the door on that relationship. God is in control and He has a plan for your life. God is not a genie we don't always get what we ask for.