• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, 1to3 said:

No it should not be celebrated , its from the devil.

How can anyone after they are given so much evidence of the evil that goes on around at this time ever endorse such an evil, boggles my mind just how blind people can be

Yeah it makes perfect sense that the devil would invent a celebration to ward off evil spirits. Mind=boggled

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Ok, I am curious. What does anyone think of churches that host horror houses that feature things like the torture of hell?

Hi, Never heard of a church  or any group doing that. Just what do they represent as being  a torture of hell?

Seems to me separation from God is torture once one has been made aware by the Holy Spirit of His invitation to be in His company. What other torture might one want to project or imitate, and for what good purpose?

Perhaps I am ignorant on the subject, but it seems to me the cartoonish images of  demons and satan ruling over hell, torturing dead human's souls is a misnomer at best and an absolutely  serious error in thinking.

I just don't know how one might represent an angel given the key to the bottomless pit, nor of our Lord Jesus' power to control the key of death and His power to release those that have received the gift of salvation. Though I once did a couple of large murals,  representing pathways and two destinations One t a place of light, and the other a place of darkness, that was  used for a children's play on salvation by Grace of God by Jesus alone. So maybe such a horror house could be represented. I just can't"picture" it in my mind is all.

In short, my answer or response is: I don't know what I think on that one. Guess I would have to see such a representation myself to gain some insight into it and what it is trying to present.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Sorry posted twice. I am using slow internet provider, my phone, and thought my all important post (Ha) had not been transmitted. So I hit send again. And guess what? -  it sent again! Go figure.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I personally don't like the holiday, and if my offspring were still children I don't know what I would do...   but there would be no witches or demons involved.   We did not have that kind of thing at our house...   and no saying trick or treat just a polite request for some treat.

What to do now.....    as children come to your house for a treat give them one and pray for them as they leave, that they would know the Lord.   And pray for their safety.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Got into a heated debate about this subject last year and it turn rather ugly. Since then my thoughts are to leave this up to your own personal convictions. I do not condemn those that do take part, nor those who do not take part.  Posting what I think about Halloween and taking part in it is only going to lead to people on here bashing me until I change my opinion. Which isn't going to happen and it will all end in tears. So my answer is as I said. Follow your own convictions and  let other's follow their's.  

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Ok, I am curious. What does anyone think of churches that host horror houses that feature things like the torture of hell?

If anyone is asking me, that sounds like fun and I volunteer  to play a part. :happyhappy:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

If anyone is asking me, that sounds like fun and I volunteer  to play a part. :happyhappy:

just for the record I don't remember bashing you over anything....    we do seem to disagree a lot but that's ok to....     My sister is a democrat but I still love her....    and I don't think I've shed a tear over worthy discussions so I am assuming we can disagree ok.

Oh,   edited to add that we don't even disagree over this....     even though I would say that there is a lot of evil that will be practiced the 31st that has little to do with kids collecting candy.   But few if any of us will ever be aware.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Halloween is fake, a fun time for kids to dress up and have candy.  Don't zealot spaz it, that is what turns people away from God because they see these lunatic "Christians" on street corners screaming about going to Hell if you dress up for Halloween...it is absurd.

If you think it is too evil to take part in a kids holiday; do not read any fiction books, do not watch any tv, do not listen to any music besides Christian songs, do not celebrate Christmas (based on Norse Yule)/Valentine's day (based on pagan orgy festival to goddess of love by Greeks) /st Patrick's day (unless you are Catholic)/ etc etc.

1 Corinthians 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Corinthians 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Edited by Mal'ak
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

For those truly concerned to understand why its an evil thing to practice? Here is the title  of a info youtube video on the subject:

Pagan invasion- Ep1 Halloween Trick or Treat

-----------

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

Matthew 15:3 He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?

Hebrews 10:26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins

Matthew 4:4But Christ Jesus answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Galatians 4:8-11 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? You observe days and months and seasons and years! I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.

John 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, other one said:

just for the record I don't remember bashing you over anything..

I wasn't pointing anyone out. But if it did not get deleted, go look up one of last year's Halloween threads where I spouted off what I thought and see what a bashing I took in that post.  

With that said I am glad that you still love me even though I'm a democrat. :emot-heartbeat: