• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, joebloggs said:

Do you think it makes sense to say you know women are getting babies aborted legally at clinics so that means that it is more likely that there is global secret mass baby sacrifice at midnight halloween every year in every country that noone knows about?

Not at all. I'm saying that on that day and on every day in the united states there is a mass murder of babies, so pretending like such a thing is impossible from a moral perspective or that there are too few people willing to kill babies for such a thing to happen is absolute nonsense.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

5 hours ago, JTC said:

This is hardly a nothing. But there's a bigger issue here. Why does anyone want to celebrate Halloween, we know it has evil origins. The answer is because a person likes it, they feel it's fun. It can be fun, but it's not a godly fun. Deception is wrong so just dressing up in a costume is wrong because it's being deceptive. And I think it's noteworthy that a favorite costume for young women is to dress up like a street walker, something that girl would never do but she enjoys pretending for one evening. As for the guys, I once saw 1 young man who dressed as a "dirty old man" and when he opened his coat he had a fake thing there. My point is this is a holiday based on evil. The only rationale for participating in this is the person enjoys it. Well if the person doesn't claim to be a Christian we really can't say much. Even the apostle Paul recognized that he couldn't expect non believers to live up to the codes of behavior he laid down for believers. 

And if Halloween is just fine & dandy because a believer enjoys it then what else becomes okay? Some people like watching severe traffic accidents where death and mutilation occur. Christians ought not to watch such things but why not if the person likes it. Suppose a man enjoys goosing a girl's behind in bars, we all know girls hate this but if it's fun, why not. Even horror movies are something Christians shouldn't watch but many do. This list can go on & on until it's 100 pages long.

But Jesus told us we may be in this world but we are not to be like the people of the world. We have to different, very different. If a person isn't willing to give up the pleasures of this world that person has no business calling himself a Christian. He's not fooling the Lord, but he may be influencing a new believer or a youngster who doesn't know what a man of God is. 

I say we need a new reformation. Luther's reformation was tto get people to pay attention to the Bible instead of the rules of men as laid down by the corrupt RCC. But now we need people to obey the Bible and not the corrupt churches that say anything is fine with God.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but halloweens originated as a celebration to ward off evil spirits.

As in the whole point of halloween was originally to ward off evil spirits.

When you say you hate it so strongly because it has evil origins it doesnt seem congruent with the facts of the matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

9 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Not at all. I'm saying that on that day and on every day in the united states there is a mass murder of babies, so pretending like such a thing is impossible from a moral perspective or that there are too few people willing to kill babies for such a thing to happen is absolute nonsense.

I am just curious,  are you saying that an abortion and a sacrifice of a baby are the same thing to the person doing this?  I would say that taking a life of a born child is vastly harder then taking the life of a child you have not seen.  Both are sick and sinful, but I would think there is a vast difference in the numbers of abortion verses child sacrifices.  I don;'t see these deaths as equal, meaning that because there are many who would allow abortions, for some reason it is hard for me to accept that these same people would hand over a live child that they had been with for a period of time for a sacrifice.  That is just numbing to think it would be the same.

2 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I see where you have gotten the wrong end of the stick. I dont consider it so very unlikely because it is immoral or its level of immorality. 

I think it's a non reality because of the factual likelihood of it. It's a ridiculous scenario to claim without any evidence of any sort and yet I'm not ridiculing anyone for that claim. You'd need plenty of what would be readily available evidence to prove something that is so far out there for me to believe it.

The thing about the internet is that it can emotionally charge you in a negative way. You sometimes have to consider why you are posting and what you are aiming to achieve.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I am just curious,  are you saying that an abortion and a sacrifice of a baby are the same thing to the person doing this?  I would say that taking a life of a born child is vastly harder then taking the life of a child you have not seen.  Both are sick and sinful, but I would think there is a vast difference in the numbers of abortion verses child sacrifices.  I don;'t see these deaths as equal, meaning that because there are many who would allow abortions, for some reason it is hard for me to accept that these same people would hand over a live child that they had been with for a period of time for a sacrifice.  That is just numbing to think it would be the same.

The problem is the lack of value placed on the human life in the first place. Again, I'm not saying this is happening, just that when life is devalued in such a way as this *anything* is possible. All you have to do is look around at our culture, right now, to see that.

4 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

The problem is the lack of value placed on the human life in the first place. Again, I'm not saying this is happening, just that when life is devalued in such a way as this *anything* is possible. All you have to do is look around at our culture, right now, to see that.

I agree with you there that people dont value each other enough and that causes a lot of problems and terrible things happen because of that.

I think that's a truthful middle ground to say that when people dehumanise other people instead of trying to connect with them things go wrong spectacularly. I'd say loving and connecting with other humans is probably one of the foundations of being a Christian.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I agree that anything is possible, but how probable?  I wonder just how much of this is really happening.  I don't believe that answer will ever be found. If it is as widespread as some say, what are the names of the organizations fight it?  I'd like to check this out more.  Don't want to get personally involved, but it would surely settle the question if it is really happening today or not.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There are no shortage of websites that will show you exactly how the procedures are done. No matter what stage of pregnancy;  an abortion is a gruesome event.   If a mother wants a child, the child within her womb it is wonderfully labeled a baby, if she doesn't want it its called a fetus or just a blob of tissue. Babies are dehumanized and devalued through the label of “fetus” or “unviable thing”. Just in the u.s alone more than 800 thousand abortions occur a year.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Prodigal Son said:

Teenagers are a curious breed. Halloween can encourage them to seek out evil spirits, visit cemeteries and haunted places, play around with wigi boards, practicing witch craft, etc...

This is serious stuff. So NO I don't believe i celebrating halloween before the day of all saints.

Seems to me to be a very good reason to have Christian church events like Trunk or Treat. Share of the history of Halloween rather than of it's counterfeit by evil.

But to each their own opinion. I just do not concede  any day nor evening to evil. And I do not hide away from the world either. I believe I am, along with all that  are born again, to share of our testimony of our Lord and savior, including on Halloween.

As to the severity of evil practices today I can give my own testimony that it not only exists it is so  awful as to be beyond anything I would type about here or perhaps anywhere, it is so graphically awful. It is a 24/7 enterprise in wickedness with injury and nasty awful butchery and debauchery with death it's daily outcome. 

Yet we do not concede any other day to the evil that is all about, and  so I will not concede Hallowed Eve  nor all Saints day either.

Abortion is another outgrowth of evil, same with infanticide which is being advocated by elected politicians even today in the USA. So called academics have debated the merit of allowing legalizing homicide of any living being up to the age of viability which they state is age four. Plus there is the end of life cycle wickedness too, with healthcare to be denied the aged. Our last USA President advocated only giving comfort care, no medical assistance, to the aged and the infirm. Infirmity strikes at any age. All of which is to promote evil and bring about a desensitizing to it, allowing it to flourish. Only the Holy Spirit holds back it's total dominance at this time.  I do believe we are to join as agents of God the Holy Spirit by doing our part- sharing of Jesus to an unsaved world, doing so boldly in every setting and all times.

Wickedness has always existed on this planet since  at least from the time of the fall of Adam. It has flourished. The practices of evil are not limited to places like  Benin or Haiti. Claiming Jesus is Lord is the best way to fight it, everyday including Hallowed Eve. Concede nothing to evil, claim Jesus is Lord on every day. Leave no "house" cleaned and empty for then much evil returns to the cleaned house. Be positive not negative. Negativity never won the day ever. Win big, run the race every day as though to win it, never dithering never afraid of any evil, always proclaiming Jesus  everywhere one is.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

Teenagers are a curious breed. Halloween can encourage them to seek out evil spirits, visit cemeteries and haunted places, play around with wigi boards, practicing witch craft, etc...

This is serious stuff. So NO I don't believe i celebrating halloween before the day of all saints.

The 4th of July can encourage people to get drunk  Maybe we shouldn't celebrate the 4th of July?  The same with New years Eve. So I guess New Years is out too cause of what some people do.