• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

19 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

I don't see how anyone can find it attractive.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I don't mean SRA is attractive. I meant the kind of things a Satanist might say can be attractive to the weak minded. This is obviously true because if it wasn't Satanism wouldn't be popular at all. But to some people it is. When it sounds attractive a person needs to shut it off.

To illustrate this point I learned this parable in collage, There was an archaeologist who went to Africa and South America to study the cannibals who live there. This archaeologist wrote the most informative book on cannibalism we had ever seen. There was 1 problem, after 10 yrs with the cannibals the only steak this archaeologist enjoys are human steaks. The moral is while learning about what is evil, don't become like what you went to learn about. I never forgot this.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:
I think I at least know where @Coliseum's post is, and my reply to him.  So, my apologies on that. 
Now, the only mystery is where my post is that @ReneeIW was referring to.  

I wish I knew because I just looked again and do not see it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

8 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

I do think it would depend upon how one views and "celebrates" Hallowe'en .. if one gets into devil worship celebrations, then, yes, it is wrong for Christians to celebrate Hallowe'en .. but if one just dresses up in a costume one likes that has no special significance to Satanic things and goes out to collect candy and apples and the like, I see no reason to object to Hallowe'en .. when I was a kid, it was a time to go out on a fun adventure after dark which was not usually allowed and we go lots of candy and chocolate and apples which we "pigged out" on and, again, such over-indulgence was not usually allowed .. it was fun even though the weather was usually unco-operative and was our first snowfall but one of a drizzly nature .. what I did and continue to object to is how some soap and egg windows and how some people put needles and razor blades and small amounts of poison in the candy and cookies and apples and other things they hand out to kids .. so, I think it is how and why it is celebrated that determines if Christians should participate in Hallowe'en or not .. I think some are too scrupulous about such and about some things about Christmas such as a decorated Christmas tree .. being overly and unduly scrupulous about such and about other things is as wrong and as dangerous as being unscrupulous .. having and practising proper scruples is where it's at .. 

Here I believe compassion, understanding, and sensitivity go a long way. If I were placed into a freezer, and a doctor watched each time I were placed into one to make certain I had not reached the critical temperature of death, I would be petrified to go near a freezer even while I understood foods were normally placed in them to be frozen. This literally happened to our brother in Romania. He named such a torture and shared that to the day until his death he could not bring himself to go near a freezer. People all over the world go through different extremes and cannot bring themselves to think about them or speak about them because of the horrors they experienced. Thousands of people have unwillingly participated in Halloween as something dreadfully evil even while you and I simply like eating candy. My point here is that I must be very sensitive to anyone, no matter what they experienced, that places them into situations you and I may know nothing about. There are things each of us do not have the ability to discern properly because they have not happened to us. You share that we must have and practice proper scruples, but I ask you, "which are proper for me"? Do you know them? Can you recognize them? For you and me, Halloween has no more effect than getting up in the morning; for some, it grips the very soul. Only God can see a clear picture of what someone is going through. Sometimes it takes years of being bathed in God's love to undo what harms us; sometimes, like in the case of our brother above, it penetrates too deeply and we endure it until God frees us in the end. This is not to say your view is wrong, but sometimes our view of things may be incomplete.  ❤

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

@Coliseum, I really appreciate your words and the heart behind them (a rare thing). But ...with all due respect ...God doesn't free us to participate in a satanic celebration.

I still believe that God's Word instructs us not to do as the pagans do, nor to learn their ways, and that we are to avoid even the appearance of evil. There is no way to Biblically justify participating in a satanic holiday. And I don't understand the heart that wants to if they desire to follow Christ. It isn't even a hard thing to give up. It is puzzling to me how people make it such a hard thing, as if they're suffering something terrible because they can't do as the world does. (small rant, sorry)

I absolutely agree with this post that I quoted.

Okay so maybe you never knew Halloween is associated with so much evil, now you do. If you are a true Christian you should never have anything to do with Halloween again.

It's simple.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hey isn't everyone already past evil Thanks Giving and onto evil Christmas?

The origins of USA American Thanks Giving has ties to the Illuminati, and some of it's members have pagan rites ancestry going back least as far as Abram.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Hey isn't everyone already past evil Thanks Giving and onto evil Christmas?

The origins of USA American Thanks Giving has ties to the Illuminati, and some of it's members have pagan rites ancestry going back least as far as Abram.

Good morning Neighbor,

Really,if you think of it,we're all responsible for what we know, I believe the Holy Spirit will show us the truth,some people will follow the truth and some don't and maybe they have no clue of the evil connected to this holiday.

I don't understand how people can think dressing up like a with or devil is pleasing to the Lord,but as I said,people are responsible for what they know.

Proverbs 16:17–33

17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil;

He who keeps his way preserves his soul.

18 Pride goes before destruction,

And a haughty spirit before a fall.

19 Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly,

Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

20 He who heeds the word wisely will find good,

And whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.

21 The wise in heart will be called prudent,

And sweetness of the lips increases learning.

22 Understanding is a wellspring of life to him who has it.

But the correction of fools is folly.

23 The heart of the wise teaches his mouth,

And adds learning to his lips.

24 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,

Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.

25 There is a way that seems right to a man,

But its end is the way of death.

26 The person who labors, labors for himself,

For his hungry mouth drives him on.

27 An ungodly man digs up evil,

And it is on his lips like a burning fire.

28 A perverse man sows strife,

And a whisperer separates the best of friends.

29 A violent man entices his neighbor,

And leads him in a way that is not good.

30 He winks his eye to devise perverse things;

He purses his lips and brings about evil.

31 The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,

If it is found in the way of righteousness.

32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty,

And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.

33 The lot is cast into the lap,

But its every decision is from the Lord.

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

The normalising of satanic behaviour on Halloween opens more gateways for evil throughout the whole year 

Isn't it the other way round?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

No, because most of the year people may not give Satan a thought. Dwelling on Satan gives him more space in people's heads. 

No Halloween - no putting Satan in the limelight and no opportunity for him to be seen as a funny benign imaginary harmless thing.

Philippians 4:8

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Good morning Neighbor,

Really,if you think of it,we're all responsible for what we know, I believe the Holy Spirit will show us the truth,some people will follow the truth and some don't and maybe they have no clue of the evil connected to this holiday.

Hi, and happy tryptophan hangover to ya!

There isn't a rite of feast  or holiday that  doesn't have some tracing back to ancestral rites and non christian beliefs that have led up to it's present celebrations.  Individuals reveal their sin against God daily, no special day is needed to see that issue.  

As for me I am not responsible  to God for my sins.  I am instead turned about to understanding the wondrous awe of my Lord's redemptive work on the cross. I'll not deny it by assuming responsibility for my sins as though His work has not ben fully sufficient to wash  even me white as snow to be seen as perfect in the eyes of His Father for all eternity to come.

If I am to worry myself about the origins and hidden agenda of days, then I will need leave the realm of days altogether; for each day  is corrupted. Each day has some feast or history that leads back to ancestors that worshipped pagan gods of wood and stone  and gold and air and water and so on. 

I am relieved to be able to go anywhere on any day to any event and know the Holy Spirit indwells  me.  I have responsibility to affirm my Lord's grace to all that may listen, and none to disparage. I have the love that is Jesus who first loved me when I had no appreciation  of His awesome suffering mercy and grace extended by Him  for me personally.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The answer to the OP original post question is a resounding: YES! How else are we going to get the expensive chocolate candy that we steal from our kids candy collection. I can't afford it otherwise. :)

• Haha 1