• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems to me there is a greater issue for today. Is it a violation of protocol to have pie for breakfast  today and then  a sliver of both apple and sweet potato pie  for an early afternoon  snack instead of eating lunch? I think it is not only okay, but is the only proper way to dispose of the last of the cool whip.

I did make shooters out of the Hawaiian bread sweet buns and the left over  deviled eggs early  this morning to go with the breakfast pie. Also learned my sweet Texas peach does love the green olive and pimento slices on top of the deviled egg, and that I had not done her a favor by eating all of them off the top  so as to not let the olive flavor the egg. Praise God for her forgiving my  social error. Give praise in all things for all do work together for good for those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

Hope everyone that is having this American holiday is  enjoying themself as much as I am this rather special Thanks Giving  fest.

• Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

@Neighbor ...although the Bible doesn't say in the NT that the use of instruments is done away with, nor does it say it is a sin ...their choice not to use them doesn't seem to violate God's commands unless you view the OT scriptures regarding using musical instruments as a command. 

But the issue of coming out from the world and being separate, avoiding the appearance of evil, not touching the unclean thing ...is very clear. ;)

Hi, each has their cause, many quite just, and with  so very many born of severe trauma and loss.

The issue of music seems so slight  thing to champion it strikes me funny to  both  read that  one is to be silent where the Bible is silent, and then use the Bible's silence as justification for  restricting something as the use of a musical instrument.

My own emphasis on the battle in general is that man is depraved from the get go. It does not require evil spirits to turn man onto evil.  No man has excuse, one cannot escape personal responsibility  by stating that he was made to do evil by Satan or evil spirits on this day or that one. 

Man does such awful evil every day and every night of every year. The debauchery against even  or especially against  the young is  perhaps beyond the scope of what  most of us will be able put into words, for the shear horror of even the words lack the depth of horror knowledge of seeing the visual result does to one's senses. It just never seems to go very far back into the recesses of the mind's memory bank. 

I find that man, being depraved from conception, is only held at bay by God the Holy Spirit. Some become indwelled  ( by the Spirit) too. Without the Holy Spirit's restraining, this world would be even harsher even more deeply into the chaos of evils. So I guess I might say that to me every day  is a halloween if one wants to associate  it with evil. Seems to me that was not the beginnings of Hallowed Eve however. The origins were of superstitious people perhaps, but the intent was to act out a tricking of evil spirits not becoming one.

The evil is here every moment, and evil does it's work every second of every day. Our hope is in the name of the Lord; our redeemer Jesus. It is by His willing sacrifice taking on the horrors of  us that any are saved out from it all. His saving grace is  our hope certain, every day. Evil does not win, it battles,  it hurts severely, but it does not win. Joy does come in the morning. Hope in our Lord Jesus is hope certain. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

I agree that man chooses to do good or evil and it is his choice, and his choice alone to do such .. God will not force man to do anything and Satan cannot force man and is only empowered when man gives him power and man cannot force man .. in the latter, man will apply force in some instances and will cause others to succumb to said force but those succumbing could refuse and suffer the consequences of that choice even onto death .. I agree that if the Holy Spirit is dwelling in a person, He is working in that person and through that person but only insofar as the person allows .. the Holy Spirit will not force Himself on or in or through anyone but He will influence, guide, and help those within whom He dwells IF they allow Him to do so .. 

I agree that man chooses to do good or evil and it is his choice,

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light 2 Cor.11:14

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Each of us has his own struggles. We are less willing to bless each other then contend how we are right.

Romans 14:3-6 (NIV)
3  The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.
4  Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
5  One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
6  He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Personally, I see this thread as posters discussing, and giving different perspectives, information, and experiences.

I have not noticed judgementalism, or looking down on others.

People have sometimes used emotional wording, but then, some experiences have been emotional.

If some readers feel condemnation, it may not be coming from the thread, but an unfolding from the Holy Spirit.

Yes. It is certainly your personal observation, so God bless you maryjayne. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

Hallowe'en was only a fun time for me and other kids I knew .. any who took it more seriously as a pagan feast and with satanic rituals were getting themselves into great trouble with evil .. that was never my intent .. fun, fun, fun was all it was .. to this day, though, I make sure my black cat and other black cats before him were indoors on Hallowe'en .. I don't know of any evil practices in my village and area but I just did not want to risk my cat being captured for any such evil or for others' so-called fun as most people do know of the superstitions about black cats .. as I said, Hallowe'en was just fun fun fun for me but I do realise that if one looks for evil or invites evil into one's life, one is opening the door to Satan and  empowering him .. as for SRA, I read a little about it but my knowledge is very limited .. 

The 31st of October is ... Reformation day.  It's a shame that a pagan festival appears to have swamped the remembrance of God's deliverance of a huge chunk of his people from false religion.

• This is Worthy 1

Just now, Abby-Joy said:

This is speaking of observing the sabbath and feast days... not pagan holidays. There is no scripture that justifies participation in pagan celebrations. 

After having read several commentaries, I would differ with you. There is a much broader meaning. Would you like me to share one of them word-for-word. It is rather lengthy. Many of us here have their own talking point---what means more to them, and through many personal experiences that each one of us goes through, I can understand it.  We have all come from places of hardship---some more extreme. Very little blessings toward each other around here. Another well-known commenter expressed a similar sentiment. I am sorry Abby if this offends you, but I will ask God to bless you anyway. How many of us make it a habit, who may disagree with one another, to say something encouraging or something positive about their walk with Christ?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Pagans will be Pagans everyday of the year .....why let them ruin a day that 99.99% of the population views correctly as a day where kids are just trying to fill a bag with free candy..... much  ado about nothing, unless you enjoy really digging for scandal.....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I agree that we can't pay the kind of penalty Jesus did for our sins. When I think of what He went through and that He knowingly went to do it, I have to think He was only able to do it because He is God. Any kind of quicker death would be preferable. So in my mind Jesus is our savior, there is no question of this.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:
  I have nothing against you.  I just disagree with condoning participation in pagan (evil) celebrations of holidays. 

But you see Abby---and this is the very last time I will bring this up---I do not see it as evil, no more than I see a piece of stone or a piece of wood as inherently evil. It can certainly become evil if I promote it and give it power over me and worship it. But I don't. You see it differently, and for you, it is evil. I simply like candy! That is all.