• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

You may love free candy but Halloween is a day steeped in sin. This is not hard to see. On Halloween the average person will do things he or she would never do all year long only they think it's okay because it's Halloween. It's as if the fact that it's Oct 31st means some sins are not sins. This is hardly much to do about nothing. I'm thinking of adult costume parties where many respectable girls go to dressed like sluts, whores and prostitutes. This is fun fun fun? Well yeah, to the people of the world it is. But it should not be so for God's people. We should not even acknowledge that day. Except to pray extra long for God's grace.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I do not like the focus on disagreement somehow being unChristian. Trying to highlight the perils and dangers of Halloween is not a lighthearted subject, and we have a Christian duty to warn others, many of whom appear to not be aware of the dark purpose and meaning of Halloween.

We can suffocate the content ad nauseum until the conversation becomes blacker than the subject itself. And what happens maryjayne, in my opinion, is that we slowly drift, imperceptibly, into areas which no longer benefit those we are trying to convince. I know you said you are not singling me out, so I accept that, but you addressed me. I gave my thoughts more than too many times; I quoted what I felt was valuable Scripture, and I offered to provide commentaries about what other scholars thought. You can say I am wrong if it pleases you; anyone can. But so can I. Then where are we? Right back at the beginning. So I get it. You think I am wrong. I am not here to twist you into thinking otherwise. God bless you sister. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I can see that you feel strongly about this issue.....it’s an “ issue” that means nothing to me, and seeing how it has nothing to do with Legalism or Salvation - the issues that matter to me—- I think I will just quietly take my leave.....play nice, kids .....lol.... 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Oh good, you made our day.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I can understand the ones who have no problem with Halloween.  They have most likely never had huge supernatural experiences that would cause them to feel differently.  

And, many who have never had such experiences do not believe that such things happen.  

Okay.  Here is what I have to say and think about the matter of Halloween.  I do believe that demonic things can and do happen on Halloween. Sure there are people who worship the dark side on Halloween. I know this to be true.   I just don't see kids dressing up as their favorite super hero, or a panda bear being anything demonic or part of the worshiped of the dark side. Nor do I see anything demonic about neighbors handing out candy. In my small town trick or treating is a community event. People sit outside on their lawns passing out candy to whoever walks by. The police are everywhere and they too hand out candy. A lot of elderly people really enjoy this as they love to see children and love giving them candy. Even a  few nursing homes near by have a trick or treat night. So that parents can bring their children to the nursing homes so the elderly there can hand out candy to the kids. There is much laughter and enjoyment in the event.  Anyway that is what goes on here. To which I see no evil at play with any of that.     Now with that said. If in your heart you feel that you should not partake in any of this. Then by all means do not partake. No one is forcing you to do so. No one is telling you to do so. I do not pass judgment on anyone who feels that they should not take part in any of this. 

So that is what I think about all of that.  

Edited by LadyKay

1 hour ago, JTC said:

Oh good, you made our day.

It’s obvious you do not care for me.......and that makes “ MY” day.......I welcome  the hatred of Leavenists.....it reinforces the fact that I am on to something good......shame on you for the smarmy reaction to a gesture of friendship...

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It’s obvious you do not care for me.......and that makes “ MY” day.......I welcome  the hatred of Leavenists.....it reinforces the fact that I am on to something good......shame on you for the smarmy reaction to a gesture of friendship...

You must be mistaken. I don’t think that was directed at you. No one could possibly be that rude on a Christian website. Especially in a thread imploring people to turn from what is perceived to be evil.

• This is Worthy 1

Maybe JTC can explain if he wants ......if he chooses not to respond, that is fine also ......either way , I would be surprised if I lost any sleep over it......

• Loved it! 1

38 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Wow.  What brought all that on? You seem to say much about me based on this post that is not in it. 

I should have been more clear and was going to. But just the thought hit my head to explain that, I got distracted by my daughter who was asking me why I told her she can't go outside right now. Then when I came back to my post I forgot all about it and went right on posting my reply with no thought that what I was saying was going to taken personally. So anyway. What  I should have said but forgot  to say  is that  my post is not directed towards you personally. Or anybody else for that matter.  You just happen to say something that brought my thoughts to mind. Since your post brought those thoughts to my mind I quoted you then forgot to explain that it was not meant to point you out.  So  my post was directed towards this whole thread topic. Not anyone one person. 

• This is Worthy 1

I'm going back to my "Mouse In The Kitchen" topic. This one is far to intense for me. :blink:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1