VOG

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Selective time is the norm in the world.We choose to do what we want with time.Taking time to select what to wear,taking time to select what to watch on tv,taking time to shop and party,taking time to entertainment modes,taking time to scroll Facebook,Twitter and so on,taking time to chat fruitful and futile matters but what happened in taking time to spend in the word of God and prayer to the Most Holy of Holy?What happened in spending time with the One who needs to take the first priority?So let me ask this again-No time or selective time?Let’s reflect and pray and manage time wisely as a Steward of God because we have to answer for what has been given to us for His glory.Thank You Jesus.Amen

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

God offers much wisdom in the saying, “There is a time for everything, / and a season for every activity under the heavens.” God is sovereign. Our activity in this world is meaningful as we rely on His wisdom, His timing, and His goodness.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

50 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Christians worship God every day,

True.   In fact since we have the Spirit within us, we can sense God's presence throughout the day and commune with Him often.  Worshipping in spirit and in truth.

IMG_2197.GIF.4530b4541f8cc78fca43006858b055dc.gif.5491c83b53dcb887090c933609b63a1d.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Precisely sister.Shalom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, VOG said:

Selective time is the norm in the world.We choose to do what we want with time.Taking time to select what to wear,taking time to select what to watch on tv,taking time to shop and party,taking time to entertainment modes,taking time to scroll Facebook,Twitter and so on,taking time to chat fruitful and futile matters but what happened in taking time to spend in the word of God and prayer to the Most Holy of Holy?What happened in spending time with the One who needs to take the first priority?So let me ask this again-No time or selective time?Let’s reflect and pray and manage time wisely as a Steward of God because we have to answer for what has been given to us for His glory.Thank You Jesus.Amen

Well said, sister. A little difficult to read for some of us older folks with visual difficulties, but a very nice post. God bless!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Betha said:

God does everything for our benefit to bring us up from the low level we have sunk to in our ignorance and disobedience, and the first thing He seems to require from us is TIME...spending time with HIM. Lev 23v2,3,  tell us to 'assemble before Him on His Holy Day.

Christians are nowhere commanded by God to pick and choose their own day....as they have mistakenly done. 

what Paul is saying in Rom 14 is that 'some' were doing that...but also says in 1Cor 11v1  WE are to be followers of him as he follows Christ.....so really we are not to waste our time on whatever WE want to do. As soldiers of God we (ought to) learn to obey Orders and Commandments until perfected to His Own Divine Nature/Principles.....all taking precious TIME.

after Jesus was resurrected and the way for us to be born again and receive the Holy Spirit we are to live our lives with him every minute of every day....   not one day a week.  God no longer dwells in any single place for us to assemble before him....  he is with us all the time.  Ezekiel gives us many other things that had to be done that we no longer are required to do....

Once you have done the things that he required for us to be born again, Love God with all your heart and soul and mind, and love others as yourself....   those are the two things required every day....  EVERY day not just one.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

4 hours ago, nzkev said:

Christians worship God every day, your mistaken by choosing what day or more appropriate trying to tell Christians what day,  Are you a Christian Betha Or do you think you are a Jew, please answer for a change

This is betting a bit personal. Please stick more closely to the topic rather than the person.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

8 hours ago, Betha said:

I can understand the part about 'worshipping ' God any time...but I am talking about the TIME HE wants to see us assembled as in a convocation/Meeting to receive instruction from Him Personally....to be in His Presence....that is not for man to choose....HE sets the time as we can clearly see. But people ignore HIS wish and Will by choosing their own time....can that be right ? God calls them HIS APPOINTED TIMES, so is it ok to change them to suit yourself....permanently ? Does GOD NOT KNOW when it is the best time/day for us ?

How can He make us HOLY if we outright REJECT what is HOLY TO HIM ??? 

Shalom, Betha.

As Messianic Jews, we need to understand what was decided in the first Jerusalem council:

The question then was circumcision, but I believe that can also be applied to Shabbat worship, as well. Let's read the decision:

Acts 15:5-29 (KJV)

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying,

"That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them,

"Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. (See Acts 10) 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ (the Master Yeshua` the Messiah) we shall be saved (rescued), even as they."

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

13 And after they (Barnabas and Paul) had held their peace, James (the shepherd or pastor of the Jerusalem church) answered, saying,

"Men and brethren, hearken unto me: 14 Simeon (Simon Peter) hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. 19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they ...
1. abstain from pollutions of idols,
2. and [abstain] from fornication (sex outside of marriage),
3. and [abstain] from [eating] things strangled,
4. and [abstain] from [eating] blood. 
21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren: 23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner;

"The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia: 

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, 'Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law': to whom we gave no such commandment: 25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (our Master Yeshua` the Messiah). 27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29 That ...

1. ye abstain from meats offered to idols,
2. and [abstain] from [eating] blood,
3. and [abstain] from [eating] things strangled,
4. and [abstain] from [committing] fornication (sex outside of marriage):

from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well.

Fare ye well."

It's my personal belief that Gentile "Christians" who worship on Sunday do so out of ignorance, but NOT out of disobedience.

However, one of the things we have learned from the Messiah is that, although convocations USED to be called one day out of the week, EVERY DAY should be consecrated unto the LORD God (YHWH Elohiym), just as a tenth of our money used to be required by the Law, but now we learn that ALL of our money is put in our trust by God, and we are to be good stewards of ALL our money as unto God!

Frankly, when are we NOT in God's Presence if God is OMNIPRESENT?! I don't believe in "Heaven" as it is taught today, but for the SAME REASON, I also don't believe that God is restricted to the Temple or the Temple mount or to any one "church" building!

Remember Shlomoh's (Solomon's) words:

1 Kings 8:22-30ff (KJV)

22 And Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven: 23 And he said,

"LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart: 24 Who hast kept with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day. 25 Therefore now, LORD God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him, saying, 'There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel; so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before me as thou hast walked before me.' 26And now, O God of Israel, let thy word, I pray thee, be verified, which thou spakest unto thy servant David my father.

27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded? 28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day: 29 That thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which thou hast said, 'My name shall be there': that thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which thy servant shall make toward this place. 30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place: and hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place: and when thou hearest, forgive. ..."

So, God is with us EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, especially if He has given us of His Holy Spirit! Remember, too, that there is a prophecy:

Isaiah 66:10- (KJV)

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

12 For thus saith the LORD,

"Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem."

14 And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

17 "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together," saith the LORD.

18 "For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, toTubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. 20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem," saith the LORD, "as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21 And I will also take of them for priests andfor Levites," saith the LORD.

22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me," saith the LORD, "so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me," saith the LORD.

24 "And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."

So, we can rest in the vindication that God SHALL require the Shabbat in the future for His own reasons.

12 hours ago, Betha said:

As i said, the problem is not with 'worshipping God any time anywhere....as can be clearly seen from scripture He has appointed ONE special day for man to ASSEMBLE and that is the 7th day Sabbath - NOT the 8th day or the 1st day.  As for the 'rest of the week we are to 'put into practice what we learned on the Sabbath....NOT to forget or ignore Him on the other days....and so EVERY day is to 'live for the Lord'.....yet we also have work to go to and can not SIT in front of Him every day ....thus God has neatly divided ALL our days  just as HE wants it.....without us having to change them !

GOD has it all figured out IF ONLY we would be obedient....and thereby neither HE nor US fall short !

none of that is valid for us to have to do today...   It's perfectly ok if you want to do that but it has nothing to do with salvation or how Jesus wants us to live.

1 hour ago, Betha said:

Indeed it is a 'choice now and not a commandment.....but it would seem to be the right choice seeing Jesus Himself observed the Sabbath and at no time has it been rescinded. Are we not to walk in His steps to be conformed to HIS likeness ? HE kept His Fathers Commandments.....but it's YOUR CHOICE.

Jesus admitted to a crowd of Jews that he was working on the Sabbath.....    that according to the writings of Moses, He  is not observing the Sabbath....   no work it says.  Jesus said not only was he working but the Father had been working too.  Yes we are to work in his steps and his steps tell us to follow the commands Jesus gave us, not the ones he gave Moses....     so, I do believe it has been rescinded….   along with the rest of them for they fall short.

Matt 25:31-46

31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' 40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.' 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.' 44 "Then they themselves also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?' 45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' 46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." 
NASB

I would ask you to tell me which of the ten commandments did those people that Jesus singled out to go to hell.   you can live your entire life not breaking any of the ten commandments and still go to hell....

I agree with you that it is our choice.   If you choose your thoughts for you that's fine and I have no problem with it at all....   but I do have a problem with you telling others they should or do have to follow them.

• Loved it! 1