Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Some passing thoughts before I am done with this topic:  It all use to be so much fun. When I was a kid. dressing up, parties at school, and getting candy. There was never an issue and nothing bad ever happen.  We were all just kids. Laughing, running around having fun. The church either ignored it, or hosted their own parties. But no issue was ever made of it. No one took it seriously. No one made it out to be anything evil. Then sometime in the 90's that all changed.  Now it has become a big issue. Now if you pass candy out to neighborhood kids on Oct.31 you are accused of worshiping satan.  You open yourself up to judgement and criticism  from other Christians.  All because you carved a pumpkin. I wish it could go back to the way it was. When it was just fun. Not an issue. When you could dress your kid up as Spiderman or Wonder Women and no one accused you of following the dark side.  But I guess those days are gone, and so here we are.  

Well thanks for listing. I will let you all get back to your debate now. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like it was pretty humiliating Neighbor.

Most humiliating costume I wore was a cape with flower child written on it and mask, I wanted to be a hobo. The years after that I was a hobo it was really nice when weather would allow me to be really authentic and go barefoot.

Had a real scare one year, seen little sister choking and picked her up started running down road beating on her back and a hard candy flew about 10 feet and shattered on side walk. That was about my only bad memory of trick or treating.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, brotherdon said:

Most humiliating costume I wore was a cape with flower child written on it

Ye shall recover, @brotherdon!!! :consoling2: lol

1424480723_floweryflower.gif.fa5e81c5384207675a7076b778b8df9a.gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

What's wrong with halloween? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, brotherdon said:

Sounds like it was pretty humiliating Neighbor.

Most humiliating costume I wore was a cape with flower child written on it and mask, I wanted to be a hobo. The years after that I was a hobo it was really nice when weather would allow me to be really authentic and go barefoot.

Had a real scare one year, seen little sister choking and picked her up started running down road beating on her back and a hard candy flew about 10 feet and shattered on side walk. That was about my only bad memory of trick or treating.

Ha, I guess. Mostly life humbles one, and that is a good thing,  I think. Life can be a whole lot harder than a classroom  embarrassments.  Live long enough and it all becomes funny.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

You can try to justify mixing with the world, but it doesn't sit with scripture. 

Not to mention that satan loves that he has his followers AND the gullible church both participating in worship of him on these "high holy days" that are regarded by the cult. 

It's true, evil takes no holiday. But there most certainly are days that are highly regarded and celebrated in specific ways. 

Our Lord takes no holidays either. But He too has holy days. 

Don't be caught justifying or promoting the mixture with the world.....

"Mixture with the world".  Am I really to have to worry about that and be above it all?  If I think I am somehow a higher being  that I should show disdain upon any other being may God boot me down off my own high horse and make me to walk the narrow rough pathways with the saints and the sinners.  That is where I belong that is where I am to be sharing  a cool cup of water in the name of our Lord Jesus ,  and walking that "extra mile"  beyond hat is required by authority.

Though I am not of the world, I certainly am in it. I do mix with it daily. I personally hope I do not ever have desire to show  disgust nor sarcasm at another person.  I do think it would not be becoming for me to do so, might even become an issue of real comeuppance for me upon meeting my creator to explain my own disdain for another saint or sinner, when I merit no grace nor mercy myself, but am totally depraved except for and by the love of Jesus who died and  descended and arose  for me.

I shared that  in one person's  educated opinion Halloween has Christain origins. I shared that I find that evil counterfeits all that is good. But that I see no reason to stop good because of it. I am not big on Halloween; I do buy some candy, but few come around  door to door anymore. Most go to parties and the mall and to church functions for kids where there is fun, yes fun, and there is candy,  and there is the sharing of the gospel with the moms and dads that bring their kids and to the kids themselves.

I see value in using all occasions  for the sharing of our Lord and savior. Praise God He is merciful to us. May the Holy Spirit be about and in great power on Halloween as many  do gather where the gospel is being shared. May some come to know Jesus as Lord and savior on Halloween. Amen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

My opinion on Halloween is a tad different. YES, it started (a VERY long time ago) as an evil thing, no doubt...HOWEVER, when it came to America, it wasn`t at all thought of for the same reasons. It was more about family and just something the kiddo`s could enjoy. (((community))) Having said that...it`s not required to dress up like witches or demons. That`s always our choice. I think for the most part, Halloween is nothing more than a time for the kiddos to get LOTS of candy. I can assure you that THEY aren`t concerned about anything history as to WHY they get to indulge in the sweet stuff on this particular day. They are just happy campers. There are still gonna be people who use this day to do evil, or celebrate evil, but they will on any OTHER occasion as well. It`s a heart/soul issue. I don`t sweat Halloween. It isn`t the same as what it originally started out to be. Most parents just love seeing there babies in really cute costumes. Love ya sis!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Abby-Joy I'm with you on this and will be joining in prayer for the protection of the children on Halloween. It is easy to play down the seriousness of this day in the name of fun. But you have taken a stand and I commend you for this. I will definitely be setting this night aside to intercede for the kids. God bless you, sister.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  206
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

On 10/28/2019 at 1:30 PM, Abby-Joy said:

Exactly! And that's why parents...especially those who name the name of Christ...should take responsibility!! 

There is no glory in being willfully blind.

I'm sure those parents whose children went missing during this time wish they could go back and be more aware of the truth, and do things differently. 

@Abby-Joy

Well said. I left a reply in the other Halloween thread as well, saying that we all who are in Christ need to stand united as one, praying together for the protection of children and adults on this dark day of the world today. May the power of the Lord shine through this dark world and that today people will celebrate our Lord and Saviour Jesus, rather than celebrate Halloween. Those in Christ are not of this world.

Thanks again @Abby-Joy ( and @turtletwo ). Xxx

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  206
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

23 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Actually, is the same ....just that it has had a refacing to appear innocent. Children still die in halloween sacrifices ....probably (very likely) in your town. 

I will be praying today. I tried to put a worthy reaction on your post, but accidentally pressed the reaction next to it, which is the laughing face one. I corrected it straight away. Just letting you know in case you saw me put on the wrong reaction. Xxx @Abby-Joy

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1