• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Willa said:

Forgiving is for our own sake.  If we do not forgive we become bitter and that is very destructive to ourselves and the people we love around us.  The Bible calls it a root of bitterness that defiles us.

Very sorry if I came across harshly.  Did not meant to be at all because I have been hurt that way many times and had to determine myself to forgive.  In fact, if I had become a little self righteous it became a lot harder to forgive.  When I realize that there but for the grace of God go I, and I am not without sin, it becomes much easier whether or not if they want to be forgiven or even know I have forgiven them.  I learn to have pity on them.  Praying for you sis in your anguish and grief.

Heb 12:14  Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:  Heb 12:15  looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;

hi Willa,

Thanks very much for your reply and I'm very sorry - I reread my original reply to you and could see that the way I had written it had given the impression I was referring to your text as being harsh!!  I had meant my friend's remark - so I have edited my reply in bold so hopefully that's clearer.   I guess that shows how easily misunderstandings can happen!

Thank you so much for praying - may God bless you - and thank you for the explanation about the root of bitterness and God's grace.

Sapphire15