• Days Won:  92

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

At the 8:46 mark in the video the speaker states that "Love does no wrong".

And this idea, concept, and truth, explains why Agape` Love has the power to keep you from sinning.

Think of it this way.......sin is an act against committed AGAINST God, or someone, including yourself.

So, if you are filled with  Love and Love rules your behavior, then the power of this Love, will direct you to not commit sinful acts against anyone, as this hurts them, it abuses them, it uses them, it disrespect them, it manipulates them.

Love "fulfills the law" because "Love does no WRONG".    Sin, is wrong committed against God's righteousness.   Thats what make it sin... and defines it as sin.

Love, loving yourself, and your neighbor as yourself, replaces doing wrong against them, it has this power to keep you from harming those you love. and this fulfills the Law.

And we are to love, everyone.... So, this type love lines up with the Law, and this defines our behavior as Love, and Love does no wrong.

Here is the catch......... The only love that has the power to cause you to behave as "Love" is to have the God who IS LOVE, empowering you by HIS LOVE< to behave as HIS LOVE behaves. 

This power does no wrong.  Its does not Sin.  It only LOVES.

The New Testament tells you to be filled with the Love of God, and not be filled with YOURSELF,  Paul said, "its no longer i who live but CHRIST who lives in me", which is another way of saying God's love has become who i am..... as its only by being filled with God's Love (you are the branches, I AM the VINE"' "For without me you can do nothing"... This is Jesus explaining that its His Love flowing Through YOU< (God is Love)  that is how you are empowered spiritually "do no wrong" literally,  and the outward fruit of this is...... "to love your neighbor as yourself".

Saint, You can't do this in your own power.  You can only do this because God's love is Loving Through you.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1