IGNORED

Are We Sure We Have A Clear Understanding Of The Role of The Christian Church?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Is the Bible clear about the role and/or duties  of the Christian Church, meaning the Church leadership?

I ask  because there seems to be a lot of people disenchanted  with the Church these days, and a lot of the complaints seem to stem from the belief that the Church was not there for them when they needed it.

Sometimes I wonder if people understand how very busy and burnt out Pastors and Priests and Church leaders are.

Was the  Church established to provide for every single need of the believer that walks through the door, or was it primarily a place for worship and teaching? 

I know individual groups of Christians were instructed to care for the needs of others, but is that the job of the Church leadership? How can they possibly help everyone and offer support for every type of problem?

The Church is apostate.  That means the leadership is also.  Being disenchanted is just another symptom of that apostasy.

No one is asking for every single need to be met by their Church's organization.  This is far bigger than than a  'needs' issue anyway.  There is no actual 'fix' for their apostasy, according to the Bible.  In time they will just cease to exist altogether. 

Many local churches where I live have shut down due to lack of attendance and money issues.  One I use to attend can't locate a pastor that follows their tenets.  They either have too many personal issues to lead others or are following a non biblical approach in their role.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,044
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

MARK 8:35 for whosoever will save his life shall lose it but whosoever shall lose his life for MY sake and the gospels the same shall save it 

PHILIPPIANS 1:27 only let your conversation be as it becometh ---the gospel of CHRIST---that whether I come and see you or else be absent I may hear of your affairs that you stand fast in --one spirit--with one mind--striving together for the faith of the gospel 

PSALM 40:10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation

*******ROMANS 1:18 for the wrath of GOD is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who hold the truth in unrighteousness*******

ACTS 5:20 go stand and speak in the temple to the people --all the words--of this life 

COLOSSIANS 3:1 --IF-- you then be risen with CHRIST seek those things which are above where CHRIST sitteth on the right hand of GOD --3:2--set your affection on things above not on things on the earth --3:3--for you are dead and your life is hid with CHRIST in GOD

2TIMOTHY 2:3 thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of JESUS CHRIST --2:4--no man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life that he may --please HIM--who hath chosen him to be a soldier 

LUKE 6:30 give to everyman that asketh of thee and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again 

2 CORINTHIANS 8:13 for I mean not that other men be eased and you burdened --8:14--but by an equality that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want that their abundance also may be a supply for your want that there may be equality 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST