• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Hello

I've been going through many trials and feeling great pain both in my heart and body. I have felt worried and have feared as well as doubted. I have confessed these times to God and have asked for forgiveness. I know I'm forgiven but My question is: when we are born again and are walking with the Lord, are these feelings of worry, doubt and fear a sign that you lack faith in God's ability to accomplish all that you have asked God to do?

I felt I needed to edit the reason for my question due to the fact I didn't do a very good job at explaining it. I'm sorry for this:

As I go through my trials, I have felt these things. Someone had told me that because I had such feelings that I lacked faith in God's ability to perform what I ask. I did not believe this, this is why I ask this question. I read and study God's word everyway and I stand on those promises. However at times I do feel these things.

I do want to take this time to also express my thankfulness for each one who has prayed for us and has given encouragement. 

Thank you your friend in Christ.

Edited by Revlori
I didn't explain my question correctly
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Well, have you asked God if what you are asking of Him is within His will for you?  If you have, and they are, i believe you will find we all go through these times now and then.  Know you are not alone.  When I am in the middle of a storm, one passage I hold dear to my heart.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Revlori said:

Hello

I've been going through many trials and feeling great pain both in my heart and body. I have felt worried and have feared as well as doubted. I have confessed these times to God and have asked for forgiveness. I know I'm forgiven but My question is: when we are born again and are walking with the Lord, are these feelings of worry, doubt and fear a sign that you lack faith in God's ability to accomplish all that you have asked God to do?

Yes, if you have true faith and trust in God you pray for God to control your life. You ask Him to mold you into the person He wants you to be. You give Him your heart, your mind and your body. You sit back and know that God has it. If you do not do this and still worry you do not think God will do what He says He will do. It is as good as calling God a liar. 

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, if you have true faith and trust in God you pray for God to control your life. You ask Him to mold you into the person He wants you to be. You give Him your heart, your mind and your body. You sit back and know that God has it. If you do not do this and still worry you do not think God will do what He says He will do. It is as good as calling God a liar. 

I disagree with you, however thank you for your responce. God bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Revlori said:

Hello

Hi Revlori. I am so glad you are here. No accidents when God is your Driver.

Jesus knows that we are human, and worrying is an emotion we must practice overcoming in the Spirit, so He gives us trials and tests to cause us to persevere:

James 1:4 (NIV)
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

I do not know any Christian so perfect he is free of it even though Jesus gives us encouragement (and is the reason He does). I wonder if King David wasn't worried about what happened to him, or Joseph when he was imprisoned, or John the Baptist when he was waiting to get his head cut off. Jesus had to send John's disciples back to him to assure him it was really Christ. 

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things..." What was Jesus' remedy? "But only one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, and it will not be taken away from her."

Jesus wants us to rest in him---and it takes daily practice---fixing your eyes upon Christ. 

Help us Revlori to take some of the burden from you. :)

Edited by Coliseum
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your encouragement. As I face the daily battles and trials that are hugh, I am reminded that God is greater. I think it's more of how long Lord then is he able. I know he's able and working. Those who are around me are suffering,as my loving husband has progressive MS, this is going on ten years, We are fighting the enemy and claiming He is healed. We will not give up. My beautiful three year old granddaughter is in a horrible situation and we are in a custody battle, yet we are fighting the enemy for her deliverance. With God all things are possible. There are other trials, battles and tribulation going on as well so yes at times I do fear, worry and doubt but through it all God is with us and is everyday. Please pray for us thank you. Your friend in Christ

• Praying! 6
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, Revlori said:

Hello

I suppose so, but until we are perfected, I suppose we suffer from that. When we repent of our sin, we have much less to worry about. And then there is the question of strengthening our faith.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

4 minutes ago, Revlori said:

Thank you so much for your encouragement. As I face the daily battles and trials that are hugh, I am reminded that God is greater. I think it's more of how long Lord then is he able. I know he's able and working. Those who are around me are suffering,as my loving husband has progressive MS, this is going on ten years, We are fighting the enemy and claiming He is healed. We will not give up. My beautiful three year old granddaughter is in a horrible situation and we are in a custody battle, yet we are fighting the enemy for her deliverance. With God all things are possible. There are other trials, battles and tribulation going on as well so yes at times I do fear, worry and doubt but through it all God is with us and is everyday. Please pray for us thank you. Your friend in Christ

Praying for you dear sister. Every single Christian has a story. The one who is rich and famous is worried about being rich and famous; the one who lives in abject poverty must wonder where his next meal comes from. The goal I think is to be able to finally say, like Paul, 

Philippians 4:12-13 (NIV)
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." 

Paul learned to believe Christ at his word! Peter learned to believe Christ at his word! The Centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant learned to believe Christ at his word!

You signed off above as "Your friend in Christ." I would only add the adjective, "eternal." :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1