douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Unity in the body of Christ is dependent upon having the same mind and the same judgment. Knowledge and instruction stems from having the mind of Christ revealed to us (1 Corinthians 2:16) by the preaching of Christ according to the mystery (1 Corinthians 2:7 Romans 16:25).

The mystery was revealed to Paul from the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 3:2-4). The mystery is the redemption found by the cross and shed blood of Jesus Christ, by which, all are freely justified by faith (Romans 3:21-26). The mystery is the church, the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27 Ephesians 3:6).

1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The Corinthians were creating contentions over baptismal issues of who was commended to have authority over the church.

3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

The Corinthians were carnal in that they lacked spiritual discernment.

3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Paul was stating that they were to be viewed as ministers who preached the word of salvation.

4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Paul was entrusted with the mysteries revealed to him by Christ and was a faithful steward over them (Colossians 2:2).

4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Paul admonished the Corinthians to be followers of him (1 Corinthians 11:1). They were to acknowledge the authority and position given Paul over the church by Christ (1 Timothy 2:7). To have the unity derived from having the same mind they were to follow Paul in acknowledging the doctrine revealed to him from Christ (1 Corinthians 14:6 Romans 16:17 1 Timothy 1:3 1 Timothy 4:6 2 Timothy 3:10). Division in the church results from not all solely following the revealed doctrine of Paul.

Edited by douge

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, douge said:

Paul admonished the Corinthians to be followers of him (1 Corinthians 11:1). They were to acknowledge the authority and position given Paul over the church by Christ (1 Timothy 2:7). To have the unity derived from having the same mind they were to follow Paul in acknowledging the doctrine revealed to him from Christ (1 Corinthians 14:6 Romans 16:17 1 Timothy 1:3 1 Timothy 4:6 2 Timothy 3:10). Division in the church results from not all following the revealed doctrine of Paul.

in Paul's letters to his converted "preacher boys"....Titus and Timothy, Paul greatly exhorts them to give extreme attention to "Doctrine".

Satan understands that to water down doctrine, to omit doctrine, and to change doctrine, in New Bibles, is ONE BIG  author of confusion in the body of Christ.

Here is what happens....

Say you have a minister  in a pulpit, on Sunday morning, and say, he is using the NJKV, or the KJV or the Amplified Bible.    and he is reading the verse......1 Tim 3:16, that says....>"God was manifested in the Flesh".

Then, you have , of the 3000 members present, 78 of them that have a certain "New" Bible, that omits this verse completely.  Its GONE....

Here is another problem.  Our Pulpits are filled with bible correctors, who stand in the pulpit and continually say this to you.....>"right here, this verse could have been translated BETTER", or "in this version this translation is wrong,"

So, these bible correctors who are not called by God to do so, will also say...."well, in the Original Greek", it actually says"......... and this is a lie.  They just lied to you, which is , ummm, from the Pulpit.

See, there is no ORIGINAL GREEK  New Testament manuscript (extant).  NOT ONE..  There are copies, made from copies, and "Bibles" are made from various greek text copies, and none are original, NONE>

There are actually 30 Greek Manuscripts, last time i checked, , but only a handful are used to make a Bible version.

A couple of these text are straight out of the Pit of hell.  One of them is a Latin text. And let me give you an example of a really bad bible created by a really corrupted Latin manuscript.

This bible teaches that you are "regenerated by water baptsim".  It actually changes the words of Jesus from...."" Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit".  to  ."Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be BORN AGAIN of water and of the Spirit.."   .as if water is the saving Blood of Christ.

The denomination that uses this bible, teaches "regeneration by water", and they are happy to sprinkle and confirm your baby, and baptize you and tell you that you are saved by that water.

You're not.

This is the Catholic Church.  This is the  (Mary is the Queen of Heaven and the  2nd Mediator)  denomination that teaches in their central doctrine, that the  PROTESTANT teaching that "Justification by faith alone, without works", is = "Anathema"

Imagine a religious fool standing in a pulpit, saying you bible is an error filled mistake, (it might be),  but......ither way, he is standing there,  telling you he is correcting it with an original Greek text that does not exist, and what is worse, is that this fakir does not even READ GREEK.

Think on that.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 hours ago, douge said:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Unity in the body of Christ is dependent upon having the same mind and the same judgment. Knowledge and instruction stems from having the mind of Christ revealed to us (1 Corinthians 2:16) by the preaching of Christ according to the mystery (1 Corinthians 2:7 Romans 16:25).

The mystery was revealed to Paul from the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 3:2-4). The mystery is the redemption found by the cross and shed blood of Jesus Christ, by which, all are freely justified by faith (Romans 3:21-26). The mystery is the church, the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27 Ephesians 3:6).

1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The Corinthians were creating contentions over baptismal issues of who was commended to have authority over the church.

3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

The Corinthians were carnal in that they lacked spiritual discernment.

3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Paul was stating that they were to be viewed as ministers who preached the word of salvation.

4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Paul was entrusted with the mysteries revealed to him by Christ and was a faithful steward over them (Colossians 2:2).

4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Paul admonished the Corinthians to be followers of him (1 Corinthians 11:1). They were to acknowledge the authority and position given Paul over the church by Christ (1 Timothy 2:7). To have the unity derived from having the same mind they were to follow Paul in acknowledging the doctrine revealed to him from Christ (1 Corinthians 14:6 Romans 16:17 1 Timothy 1:3 1 Timothy 4:6 2 Timothy 3:10). Division in the church results from not all following the revealed doctrine of Paul.

In my Bible (the Revised Standard Version), 1 Cor 1:10 doesn’t say to follow Paul. It says this: 

I appeal to you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 

I think Paul wanted us to follow Jesus.

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

In my Bible (the Revised Standard Version), 1 Cor 1:10 doesn’t say to follow Paul. It says this: 

I appeal to you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 

I think Paul wanted us to follow Jesus.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

It was here where I said "Paul admonished the Corinthians to be followers of him (1 Corinthians 11:1). "

Paul was saying he was a follower of Christ so to follow Christ follow Paul. Paul was given the doctrine to follow Christ by Christ himself (Ephesians 3:2-5).

7 minutes ago, douge said:

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

It was here where I said "Paul admonished the Corinthians to be followers of him (1 Corinthians 11:1). "

Paul was saying he was a follower of Christ so to follow Christ follow Paul. Paul was given the doctrine to follow Christ by Christ himself (Ephesians 3:2-5).

My Bible does not say that. It says this: 

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 1 Cor 11:1 RSV 

And this: 

No one can serve two masters. Matt 6:24 RSV

I am a disciple of Jesus, not of Paul. 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, johnthebaptist said:

My Bible does not say that. It says this: 

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 1 Cor 11:1 RSV 

And this: 

No one can serve two masters. Matt 6:24 RSV

I am a disciple of Jesus, not of Paul. 

It still conveys following

and still applies to other verses where the church is told who to follow as in 1 Thessalonians 1:6

27 minutes ago, douge said:

It still conveys following

and still applies to other verses where the church is told who to follow as in 1 Thessalonians 1:6

Jesus is our Lord, not Paul. I can tell you to be an imitator of me - to follow my example. That is different than telling you to follow me.