ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Someone posted about all saints day. Elsewhere in the country all saints day is probably nice. I wouldnt know. In my area, it has a darker meaning ...

Today is a mexican holiday called dia de los muertos. Day of the dead. It is a joyous holiday for those who celebrate it. Traditionally, families and even cities make altars set up with special food treats, decorated sugar skulls, pictures of dead loved ones, candles and flowers. People decorate themselves as skeletons. Skeletal objects are sold. Figures in everyday aspects of living are sold in skeletal figures. One of them goes by the name catrina. She has been coopted by the drug cartels as a narco saint, santa muerta. Families go to the cemetery to clean up graves and leave a trail of marigold petals for the spirits of dead loved ones to follow them back home. It is believed by many who have studied these rituals that they harken back to precolumbian days with the pagan beliefs of the indigenous tribes.

This is how all saints day is recognized in my area.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Someone posted about all saints day. Elsewhere in the country all saints day is probably nice. I wouldnt know. In my area, it has a darker meaning ...

Today is a mexican holiday called dia de los muertos. Day of the dead. It is a joyous holiday for those who celebrate it. Traditionally, families and even cities make altars set up with special food treats, decorated sugar skulls, pictures of dead loved ones, candles and flowers. People decorate themselves as skeletons. Skeletal objects are sold. Figures in everyday aspects of living are sold in skeletal figures. One of them goes by the name catrina. She has been coopted by the drug cartels as a narco saint, santa muerta. Families go to the cemetery to clean up graves and leave a trail of marigold petals for the spirits of dead loved ones to follow them back home. It is believed by many who have studied these rituals that they harken back to precolumbian days with the pagan beliefs of the indigenous tribes.

@ayin jade Oh how awful. I have just prayed for your area.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

They're two different holidays. Ones a Mexican holiday ones a catholic holiday, they celebrate two different things. It does get confusing though because they're on the same day.

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Or do you mean they're actually kinda merged together where you are?

All saints isnt celebrated. Only the day of the dead. Mexican catholicism, which is what most catholics are in my area, is different than the catholicism you would find on the east coast. It is more pagan here.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The Day of the Dead is also celebrated by Mexican Catholics in Los Angeles, too.   There was a reporter today on the news reporting on it, and telling where to visit the elaborate altars.    She had her face painted slightly, and I thought it was an odd thing for her to  do.

I guess some non-Mexicans might go to see the altars as a tourist.   But it is a very misleading event.

18 hours ago, ayin jade said:

All saints isnt celebrated. Only the day of the dead. Mexican catholicism, which is what most catholics are in my area, is different than the catholicism you would find on the east coast. It is more pagan here.

That's really interesting . I'm in the uk so its probably even more different than the Catholics here lol.

Are most of the Christian's in Mexico Catholic then?

21 minutes ago, joebloggs said:

That's really interesting . I'm in the uk so its probably even more different than the Catholics here lol.

Its pretty much a catholic nation, except for native people who have their own religions. There is a scattering of some protestants, but not many.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 11/2/2019 at 12:28 PM, joebloggs said:

On 11/2/2019 at 12:50 PM, ayin jade said:

Its pretty much a catholic nation, except for native people who have their own religions. There is a scattering of some protestants, but not many.

Interestingly, alot of Hispanics in Los Angeles are becoming Christians.   There are still many Hispanic Catholics but I've known born again Hispanics.   Also, I'll sometimes see Spanish speaking Christian churches.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We do not ask for intercession of the dead. Jesus Christ makes intercession for us. We depend on Christ alone.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1