• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,031
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, existential mabel said:

yes its the character of Allah that i am interested in. i have been finding out about the character of God. that way i can see..

Well, I'm not sure I've ever really listed those things out...

Differences.....    there is nothing like him so we could not have been created in his image.    He doesn't have a son.

They call him merciful, but only shows mercy to fellow Muslims.

Instructed Mohammad to spread Islam by force where we are to share the knowledge and if not accepted to stamp the dust from our feet or shoes and let them go their way.

It is my understanding that he has a works kind of acceptance to participate in what we would define the after life in heaven.

He is not merciful to non believers as a whole in this life.

We can have a personal relationship with the Father but you can not have with Allah.  It would be beneath him to do so. Most Muslims I have talked with who have become Christian believers were really impressed with the knowledge that we can really know the Godhead and they will know us personally.   That seems to be a really big thing.

As I understand it the Father wants real repentance for the things we do wrong while allah just wants an apology.   

In the koran Allah swears by the moon, sun or other physical things....    our God only swears by himself for there is none greater and tells us not to swear at all.

Allah is a single god and our god is a Triune God so they call us pagans for having more than one God.

In Islam, it is considered blasphemous to “presume” that one can know God or claim any sort of close, personal fellowship with Allah. He reveals his will, not himself.  My understanding of the Father that is not the case.

Those are a few things that come to mind.   

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Any further personal attacks in this thread will result in those responsible being removed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Here is what this false religion leads to. The boxer , Muhammad Ali was a very devout Muslim.Every morning He arose at 4:am to spend two hours signing all the stuff his fans had sent him so that they would have his autograph . He absolutely hated doing this monotonous chore day after day.....yet he did it without fail.Why? “I’m trying to earn my way to Heaven” Can a person utter a statement that is anymore damning than that? At least Ali never tried to hide his delusion.Not that much different from the thinking of  multitudes Of lost so-called “Christians”, when you stop and think about it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/2/2019 at 6:06 AM, OneLight said:

It's like someone who speaks Spanish saying Dios instead of God.  What I believe you are referring to is the differences in our beliefs.

OneLight

Thank you very much brother.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:05 AM, Behold said:

is in fact just Political Correctness. 

um.. it is actually not simply political correctness to the many Christians in Indonesia and malaysian Borneo who have used that word in Bibles and churches.. sometimes even for generations.

It is a language issue  

For example :

A different example might be the english word "God" and how this english word is used in places such as Usa... 

Both Christians as well as people of non-Christian religions such as mormonism (a cult) might use the english word God.. but this does not mean that all the american Christians are simply being politically correct or that mormonism and Christianity is the same thing etc (because it is not!).

No matter how non-Christian religions such as mormonism (cult) might view or use the english word... even if any cults use the english word as an actual name.. that does not mean that Christians in the Usa are using the word in tbe same way or with the same meaning as those non-Christian religions..

It is just the same language that is being used thats all..(ie the english language) .. not the same belief /meanings of the word..

Just some thoughts.  No offence intended.

Thanks.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, just_abc said:

A different example might be the english word "God" and how this english word is used in places such as Usa... Both Christians as well as people of non-Christian religions such as mormonism (a cult) might use the english word God.. but this does not mean that all the american Christians are simply being politically correct or that mormonism and Christianity is the same thing etc (because it is not!).

In the USA, and around the world, 2 lies are constantly being taught as reality,  by the Media, in an effort to not only remodel history, but also to create the idea that something isn't what it actually is....

One is this idea of a "Palestinian state"... with this recently coined term  "Palestinian" being created to give the false impression that Palestinians are a legitimate and 4000 yr old established group, similar to "Israel".

But this is just the media trying to create a legitimacy for this politically correct idea, so that it will "seem fair" that we shuffle Israel to the side, and give all the land to the 'Palestinians".

And then you have the same situation with "allah", where this word is used to create the false idea that the Christian God isn't different from the Muslim God, by deceitfully stating that "allah" is not "one" God, but in fact that word is just a bastardized generalization of the entire concept of "god", in general.

Here below,  you see the Islamic Flag that represents the real Allah, as defined by Mohammed's tribe, who chose "allah" out from their 0ther 299 "godz" they had at that time.....to be there "one" god.

See the moon in this flag?    Thats "allah".

So is that the same God as Christ on the Cross?   Is it?  If it is then, good luck with that, as that is exactly what CNN and MSNBC and all the other "world media outlets" that hate Israel  would have you to believe.

-

-

image.png.2468c454716d34f79dd0b69364c81058.png

Edited by Behold

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

the media ....hmmn interesting i thought

Isaiah 21:2

2I have seen a vision of cruel events, a vision of betrayal and destruction.

Army of Elam, attack! Army of Media, lay siege to the cities! God will put an end to the suffering which Babylon has caused.

media+nites

Edited by existential mabel

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

. It is my understanding that he has a works kind of acceptance to participate in what we would define the after life in heaven.

hi other one can you explain this a little. many thanks for your post btw. very helpful

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 11/3/2019 at 8:38 PM, Behold said:

Perhaps some people might believe that Christianity and non-Christian religions are the same thing.... however this does NOT mean that everyone believes that.. or that such a belief is correct.  

Perhaps some people might even believe that Christianity and mormonism (a cult) are the same thing.... however this does NOT mean that everyone believes that.. or that such a belief is correct.

Even if someone pointed to english speaking Christians in Utah using the same words (such as God and Jesus)  that mormons also use.... and automatically assumed that this meant that american Christians believe that Christianity and mormonism are the same....(simply because they happen to use the same words)....

....this does NOT mean that such an assumption is correct or that all american Christians even believe such a thing....

--------------------

The point I am trying to make is that it is often two separate things.   

One is whether or not Christians and non-Christians who happen to speak the same language .. also use the same word/s.

The other is whether or not people are saying that Christians and non-Christians are both worshiping the same Lord.. or that Christianity and non-Christian religions are the same thing etc....

These two things are often separate things.

I think it can sometimes be helpful to not conflate these two things together.

Because just because Christians in some languages might sometimes use the same general term for God as non-Christians ....  it does not automatically mean that the Christians are saying or believing that Christianity and non-Christian religions are the same etc.

Sometimes it is just the same word that is being used and that's all..

Just some thoughts.

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

The problem I see in this thread is there is not one single born again ex-Muslim to tell us what/who he believed Allah was, ...I listen to an ex-Muslim who is now a born again pastor and he is very clear and precise, the Allah of Islam is not the God we serve, ...and he said that if we were to ask any born again ex-Muslim this question their answer would be the same as his, ...he teaches that claiming the name of God to be Allah for those in their native language is the same as our God is just another part of the seduction to bring all religions under the one world religion, ...and he should know. 

God has revealed Himself by many "names" in His Word,...I haven't found anywhere in the Scripture where He calls Himself the "Moon" God, ...and HE should know too!

Lord bless

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

The problem I see in this thread is there is not one single born again ex-Muslim to tell us what/who he believed Allah was,

Your garden variety Muslim, does not even read the Quran.  This is what you'll discover if you talk with many of them.   And if you ask them about the fact that "allah" does not allow females into his "paradise", some of them will tell you that,...>"well, he'll probably change that at some point".

And there is this to consider.    Any Islamic Muslim knows that the name of their god is "allah".       As if this is not his name, then he has no name, and they would refer to him as the god with no name.  But, rest assured they know his name is "allah", and this is not just the generic idea of "god".  He is indeed the "moon god".

• Well Said! 1