IGNORED

Do Christian girls still go for bad boys?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/2/2019 at 1:11 AM, missmuffet said:

If a woman is a true born again Christian she will not go for "the bad guy". There are very few of the Proverbs 31 women left in our world today. They are very uncommon. 

67% of women professing to be Christian engage in premarital sex actively and promote it.  so 67% of professing Christian women are not really Christian?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The 'spirit of the age'.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

A walk to remember syndrome

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, mlssufan01 said:

67% of women professing to be Christian engage in premarital sex actively and promote it.  so 67% of professing Christian women are not really Christian?

That seems like a low number. I think the word "Christian" has lost its significance today. That are many who are pretend Christians in our world. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:
1 hour ago, mlssufan01 said:

I am not going to pretend to know who is saved and who isn't, only Father knows, but the part that I put in bold is obviously important. Maybe these individuals have not yet been saved. I also want to know where that percentage came from. Please cite your source.

Beware!
Google search engines, and Wikipedia are very convenient, but NOT reliable sources of truth.
Only God, the source of all truth, is reliable. God is light.
Wiki is a system where 'consensus' rules.
Anyone can 'edit' often enough to make change. (ask most politicians)
If I edit and say a basket ball is not round, but square, wiki will still say it is round.
If I get enough/more people to also edit to say square and not round,
the 'new truth' is then what is stated. Square.
What (truth) you see in wiki is governed by the masses, the people, as to the 'truth'.
The real experts have no more influence on decisions  than anybody else!
They are only one vote that's cast. It's the majority that rules.
This has come about as the fruit of AI, artificial intelligence technology.
                    The digital explosion.

This book, below, is very enlightening, how our lives are changing overnight, due to the abuse of technology.
(Things I never knew or thought about, especially as a Christian)

"The Next Story: Life and Faith after the Digital Explosion"     (Ebay, $3.99 used,  free shipping  cheap)
by Tim Challies. (the Christian researcher)
"Even the least technical among us are being pressed from all sides by advances in digital technology. We rely upon computers, cell phones, and the Internet for communication, commerce, and entertainment. Yet even though we live in this “instant message” culture, many of us feel disconnected, and we question if all this technology is really good for our souls. In a manner that’s accessible, thoughtful, and biblical, author Tim Challies addresses questions such as: • How has life—and faith—changed now that everyone is available all the time through mobile phones? • How does our constant connection to these digital devices affect our families and our church communities? • What does it mean that almost two billion humans are connected by the Internet … with hundreds of millions more coming online each year? Providing the reader with a framework they can apply to any technology, Tim Challies explains how and why our society has become reliant on digital technology, what it means for our lives, and how it impacts the Christian faith."

** with article about Google and Wikipedia credibility **

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

On 11/1/2019 at 11:36 PM, Willa said:

Most "goody goody" Christian girls are incredibly naive.  Others hope to change the bad guy.  That is also being naive.  Only God can change them.  Most pity the bad guys, as God pities us all who are lost and need salvation.  They don't understand yet that pitying love comes from God and they should let guys minister to guys;  in other words, they don't understand how dangerous guys can be and how gullible they themselves are.  Nor do they understand how strong a guys sex drive is because women think in terms of marriage, a home and family; even when girls like that are flirtatious they don't necessarily think in terms of sex.  They want a guy's friendship.  

Most don't even understand yet that just because a guy comes from a Christian family, it doesn't mean they are born again.  

I have listened to many girls who were raped by someone they met at church.  Some feel very fallen, that no one would want them afterwards, or even that God would never forgive them.  They can't forgive themselves.  This is not only true of church girls who are baby Christians.  I have talked to women that were not Christians and not raised in Christian homes that felt the same way as far as feeling fallen and had a very low opinion of themselves after sex outside of marriage.  They often feel totally worthless so they sleep around afterwards.  That is their words. 

I have never heard anyone speak with so much understanding and wisdom. This was very healing to read. What a beautiful sister in Christ you are.❤️ 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, mlssufan01 said:

I am in no way criticizing believers for their "past" failures prior to conversion.  I am specifically referring to those who profess to know Christ and claim they are devout followers, yet "willfully engage in continuous pursuit of the bad boy." 

Perhaps I misunderstood your post then, brother. I just hope you do realize that devout Christian women do exist - some have come to know Christ after living in the world and others have been in the church for years but might have failed before deciding to live above the standard of this world. I agree that all who are in Christ are commanded to live above the lusts of the flesh and if we are indeed IN Christ then what we're seeking after should change. I just think we need to remember that one's past doesn't discredit them from being labeled "devout" now. His blood washes and cleanses - lets keep that in the forefront of our minds. 

I'm also one who is a "30 something" and single - I've realized that whomever I marry (if I ever do) will come with baggage. I think it's just something we have to accept, especially as one who is older and single. 

I'd still like to see your sources for those statistics - I think they're off. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 11/3/2019 at 2:42 PM, TheAimes said:

Perhaps I misunderstood your post then, brother. I just hope you do realize that devout Christian women do exist - some have come to know Christ after living in the world and others have been in the church for years but might have failed before deciding to live above the standard of this world. I agree that all who are in Christ are commanded to live above the lusts of the flesh and if we are indeed IN Christ then what we're seeking after should change. I just think we need to remember that one's past doesn't discredit them from being labeled "devout" now. His blood washes and cleanses - lets keep that in the forefront of our minds. 

I'm also one who is a "30 something" and single - I've realized that whomever I marry (if I ever do) will come with baggage. I think it's just something we have to accept, especially as one who is older and single. 

I'd still like to see your sources for those statistics - I think they're off. 

https://www.christianpost.com/news/the-bachelorette-widespread-premarital-sex-among-christians.html

Not by much....61% admit to regularly doing it while 80% said they would do it

https://www.christianpost.com/news/the-bachelorette-widespread-premarital-sex-among-christians.html
And this from a CHRISTIAN source!

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

18 minutes ago, mlssufan01 said:

Well those numbers are sad. No justification or excuse can be made for it. I will say though, many claim Christ but don't really no Him. If they knew Him, they wouldn't be engaging in habitual sin. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

55 minutes ago, mlssufan01 said:

99.9% probably “ want to”. That makes them no better than the ones that give in to their lust.They are just wiser......they don't have to worry about getting pregnant.....they don’t have to worry about sexual diseases.....they don’t have to worry about a blemished reputation.....they don’t have to worry about displeasing God and losing fellowship- it’s hard to get ready answers for prayers when you live a life of disobedience .When it comes to sex, people are pretty much going to do what they want to do.Its like any other sin.....resist the temptation and you will be blessed, give in and be chastised .Like all of Satan’s lies and deceptions.....sin can be a lot of fun—- “ for a season”. In the end it’s always some sort of trap. It’s like my old 4th grade teacher used to say...... “ you can’t do wrong and get by.”