• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

I can tell you that Richard Wurmbrand was a beyond phenomenal giant of the faith and a man who is my modern hero. I have written to his son, Michael, several times, who lives in Romania and was subject as a boy being left out to die while both his parents were in prison for their love for Jesus. When the husband of a family was imprisoned, no allowance was given to a family by the government to sustain them. Richard was told that his son was dead, and his wife Sabina turned to prostitution---none of it was true. Sabina forgave the man who killed her entire family, and in tears brought him to Christ. I could go on, but just to say that like @Abby-Joy, who shared her heart of the many things in her life that were unimaginably true, so I say absolutely they can be just as she described

Accounts such as the ones you mention here, are the only encouragement I find in these forums.  There are massive wrongs in this world, many, even most, suffer.  Much of it as the result of humans.  The chain of guilt and blame and judgement will never end, except by forgiveness.   Richard Wurmbrand is a glimpse of the city that has foundations.  Abby's act of outrageous forgiveness is a glimpse of the city. 

I had not heard that about Sabina before (or forgot, it has been many, many years since I read the main book).  That is another beautiful glimpse, a verification of the Gospel.

People who are suffering, and have no hope of escaping the suffering, need to see that the Kingdom of God still has a movement.

Like John the Baptist, whom Jesus called the greatest man, when in prison, sending to Jesus to ask, are you really the one?  One finds just enough strength to face the darkness, with a renewed glimpse of the light.

lftc

• Praise God! 2