• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, JTC said:

Are you forgetting that I know you and what you believe? We don't agree and never will. I know what you believe but there's more to God than what you want to accept. All you want to do is argue, I do not. I'll leave you with this, it doesn't bother me that you don't believe what I do. But you seem to feel threatened by me and anyone else who refuses to agree with you. You just won't let this issue rest. Either every person here has to agree with you or... Listen to me, sinning is wrong and God doesn't want us living that way. The world lives like that, God's people should make every effort not to. If this threatens you, then you have problems. With God.

You are confusing passion and determination with being argumentative .I feel threatened by nobody and I have a peace with God You would envy if you knew the Truth of the matter.I have no desire to argue .....my only desire is to get people to graduate from the “ Do Do this”  and “Don’t Do That” mentality that is the essence of the Old Testament to become Believers in the Gospel Of Grace.I am a “ free man in Christ”. I was not always.I have lived the life of a Legalist.I know what a pathetic lifestyle it is. I did not always know that because of my erroneous mind set -the religious mind set-that I was “ fallen from Grace” and  “ severed from the Cross Of Jesus”. I want to help people get out of thinking that they must add to the Gospel . I want people to REST in the Gospel as I have been blessed to do.These matters could mean the difference between Salvation and Damnation — depending on who you talk to.Why Gamble with things so serious?

I know that I am not going to change the thinking of everybody in here.People are free to agree or disagree with me.My only concern is they at least get the chance to hear what I believe is the Truth.I am not really talking to , much less, arguing with those that oppose me. I am talking “ past” them to the lurkers, the undecided, and to Newbies that have not been ruined yet - they never hear the message of Freedom and Grace that God wants us to live. They seldom hear about True Christianity. They hear a mongrel combination of Judaism and Christianity — one foot in Grace and the other foot in Law. God won’t have it. I use these types of weak, confused,poorly-taught people as a springboard to get the Truth out . They serve a purpose they are unaware of.In a weird way, I am glad theses types are here.Try to not take things That I say personally .I am not really talking to you.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I would like to explain that the born again believer who seeks to walk in the Spirit is not resisting the Holy Spirit as a previous poster has said.   But rather we are yielding to the Holy Spirit in our hearts and lives.   This is a reality....new life in Christ.   If we are sensitive to the leading of the Spirit in our hearts, we yield to the Spirit....this is what helps us to live godly in Christ.

Because we are born of God, we are then enabled to live the Christian Life.   This is how Christianity differs from other religions.

12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the [e]right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.   John 1:12-13.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

"Yes God saw the righteousness of Jesus in us in order to give us the deposit of grace called salvation." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also would like to address the above remark by a previous poster.    The above might be a Catholic teaching or a variation of that.

We are saved by grace through faith in Christ.   Even the most vile sinner who believes on the Lord is immediately saved (born again).   God does not save us because of seeing any righteousness in us.   But God does impute Christ's righteousness to us....our legal standing before God....a fundamental doctrine of the Christian faith.

Of course, once the sinner is born again, his or her life will start to change.   Because the Holy Spirit now indwells the sinner.   There is a cooperation in that we learn to yield to the Holy Spirit in our hearts and lives.

3For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 

5not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.   Titus 3:3-7.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 11/3/2019 at 2:33 PM, Willa said:

It is saying that our new righteous nature produces new righteous actions.

It certainly should by all means, but some prefer to remain as babes in Christ for the remainder of their lives. Immaturity is pretty obvious, and the Apostle Paul addressed it firmly. This does not alter their salvation in my point of view. They are still acceptable to God, and those who are more mature in the Lord must forbear and do likewise. Scriptures do seem to indicate this. 

Romans KJV 15:1 1We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

What so many here don't seem to understand is, ...we have it so much better than Adam.

Adam was created in the image of God, but he was not righteous, he was the ''prototype'' of man, that is, all of the Heavenly host were watching to see what he would do, ...then came the commandment, ...do not eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, ...was it the first commandment, the Word doesn't tell us, ...but it seems to be, what the Word does tell us is Adam had to go to God and ask Him for wisdom in what he was to do with all of the knowledge he had been created with.

Whereas, the difference between Adam and us is we, as Blood Bought, born again, new creation children of God have the 100% Righteous God, the Holy Spirit living right inside of us, ...and just like Adam, ...we have two trees in front of us, ...the Tree of Life, ...and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, however the difference is, ...we have not been given the commandment of which tree we should eat from, ...we have been given the choice of which tree we eat from, ...do we chose from our own fleshly intellect what is Good and Evil and eat from that Tree, and just like Adam we go on living, but our spirit is disconnected from God, or do we chose to admit we don't know what is Good or Evil, because there is only ''One'' that is Good, and that is certainly not us, ...and chose to eat from the Tree of Life, God Himself, that is living inside of us?

Our ''state'' of 100% righteousness is not, does not come from what ''we'' do or are doing, ...our ''Righteousness'' comes from the only ''One'' that is Righteous, God the Holy Spirit living inside of us, ...what perplexes me is why so many here can't see and understand this Truth, ...it's the main theme of the Bible, ...God is the ''only'' One that is Rightneous and Good, also He is Love, ...so in His Love He ''shares'' His Righteousness and Goodness with His children, ...Jesus told us to understand this Truth we have to become like little children, ...so much different from all of the fleshly pride and arrogance, ''my'' will be done,''listen'' to me,...me, ...me...

May I humbly suggest to all of my Blood Bought brothers and sisters, ... we don'thave to ''defend'' the Word, God has done that for 6,000 years and we have the proof every time we open it and hear the voice of our ''Master'' speaking to us, ...so let us all ''contend'' for the Faith, ...and as ''one'' family chose to ''eat'' from the Tree of Life living inside of us, ...for He is the ''only'' One that ''can'' teach us 1 John 2:27, ...let's listen to that Voice inside of us, ...when heresy is vomited out on the forum, ...telling us, ''That's not from Me, I've never heard Jesus say that, so I would of NEVER of said it!''  For the sake of the lurkers, our ''weak'' or ''untaught'' or ''new'' in the faith brothers and sisters, let's follow Scriptural advice and rebuke twice the devisive man or heretic and then ignore them, ...Proverbs tells us, ''without wood the fire goes out,'' ...so let's make certain we are not the ones that are adding wood to the fire, ...as we grow in Grace, Knowledge and Wisdom of our Lord Jesus Christ, as we study to show ourselves approved, rightly dividing Scripture,...and not like those that just give us their own private opinion and expect us to unquestionly believe them, ...or those that come here with their own private ''agenda'' and post pages of verses out of context without exegeting one single verse, ...and NEVER, EVER, ...talk about, Grace, the Love of God, Justification, true God given Faith, ...those subjects that are so dear and precious to us, ...His true children, ...let's stop fighting and arguing among ourselves, ...we know who is the instigater of all of that, ...Worthy is a good forum, ...better than the others I've ''passed thru,'' ...so it's no wonder or surprise the enemy attacks so much, ...let's resolve to show the lurkers, ...''the world will know you are my disciples by the love you show to one another,'' ....and out of respect for our brother George, let's make Worthy a house, a home, one big loving family of our God... 

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1