Repose

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I finished up Revelations and I have two things. The first is what this line of scripture means:

Revelations 22:11 - "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still. He that is filthy, let him be filthy still. He that is righteous, let him be righteous still. He that is holy, let him be holy still".

Second, I was reading the description of the New Jerusalem, specifically of the foundations. They describe each one being adorned with a gem stone. I was thinking that these referred to the breastpiece on the robe Aaron would wear, with the twelve stones for the twelve tribes. Did I catch that right?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

In Rev 22:11, we see that not all will repent. They will be judged. On the other hand, the righteous will be rewarded.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Repose said:

I finished up Revelations and I have two things. The first is what this line of scripture means:

Revelations 22:11 - "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still. He that is filthy, let him be filthy still. He that is righteous, let him be righteous still. He that is holy, let him be holy still".

Second, I was reading the description of the New Jerusalem, specifically of the foundations. They describe each one being adorned with a gem stone. I was thinking that these referred to the breastpiece on the robe Aaron would wear, with the twelve stones for the twelve tribes. Did I catch that right?

The unjust and the filthy are those that have no Faith in the Blood of Christ.

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Looks like your questions have been answered. :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Repose said:

In Revelation 22:11 the angel advocates the status for both the the evil and the righteous. By this he does not mean that people should remain unmoved by the prophecies of this book, but rather that if the prophecies are rejected, there is no other message that will work. If the warnings of the book are not sufficient, there is no more that God has to say. 

I do not see that Aaron is one of the twelve tribes. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, Repose said:

The Covenant Sealed
…9 Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10 and they saw the God of Israel. Under His feet was a work like a pavement made of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Christ Jesus shows that two groups emerge in the judgment: “He that is doing unrighteousness, let him do unrighteousness still; and let the filthy one be made filthy still; but let the righteous one do righteousness still, and let the holy one be made holy still.” (Rev. 22:11) These commands are not urgent appeals to those practicing unrighteousness to repent and to clean up. Rather, the thought is, let them go ahead in the course that they have pursued, if that is what they want. If a bad course, let them know that they will get their due recompense for this course, at the latest when the Lord Jesus comes to fight “the war of the great day of God the Almighty.”—Rev. 16:14.

God considers holy those who have made a dedication to him through Jesus Christ and who are practicing righteousness. His name is upon them. If one of these makes a practice of unrighteousness, he is therefore bringing reproach on God's name. Consequently, he is of no value to God or to his fellowman and will lose all the credit that he has built up in previous righteousness and holiness. (Ezek. 18:24) On the other hand, if a man has practiced corrupt things, but turns from these to become a dedicated servant of God, if he keeps on in righteousness and holiness, he will at last have an accumulated credit with God. “He will positively keep living,” is the utterance of the Lord.—Ezek. 18:5-9, 21, 22.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

12 hours ago, Repose said:

Night is coming when no man may work......I believe Rev. 22:11 is talking about when the door to the wedding is shut.  

These scriptures below might be of help to understand the twelve gemstones, and yes the priestly tribe is among them.  The church is New Jerusalem/heavenly Zion and is made up of twelve tribes spiritually speaking, as Israel (Israel after the flesh) was a similitude/ensample of the church (the Israel of God).  

Isa 61:10

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Mal 3:16-17

Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Luk 22:29-30

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Eph 2:20

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Edited by Heleadethme

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04

13 hours ago, Repose said:

Hi Repose

This scripture is at the end of Revelation - the end of the book. 

Every single man on this earth is called to repentance, and to change, but after over 2000 years of preaching there comes a cut off point where the gospel is preached and the door is closed.  Whatever we have done with the book of life given to us, whether good or bad - when the door is closed, we shall all continue in that same path we walked according to our spirit.

I believe that cut off point is just before the tribulation starts.  If we have not come out of this world by that time, and still joined to the world (as we were warned in Rev 18:4) - we will "still" walk into that tribulation in the same state of our spirit which we had before ....reaping what we have sowed, and this could make a difference between a fiery trial, and not only that but receiving the plagues that are coming, or a trial with a little help to be delivered from those plagues and our adversaries.  Everyone will stand in their own lot.