• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,257
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - November 5, 2019

Friend, crush, mutilate, destroy!

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people."

According to ancient Jewish legend, one day Abraham was shown his father, Terah's room of many idols. Young Abraham, thinking that perhaps he could discover intimacy with them, made some desirable delicacies and placed them before the idols. When nothing happened, he realized that these idols were nothing more than clay -- they could do nothing for him or anyone else for that matter. So he proceeded to destroy all the idols, except for one.

When Terah received word of this, he went to Abraham and said, "Son, what did you do to my idols?!" "I brought them delicacies," Abraham replied, "and then the biggest idol became envious of the others, and destroyed them all." Terah, furious with Abraham, said, "You're lying to me! How can idols made by my own hands do such things?" "You're right father." Replied Abraham, "Now tell me, then, why do we worship idols that can not eat, drink or even move?"

This kind of idol worship may sound far removed from us, but we too, have our idols. They may not be made of clay but they are very real! The love of money, possessions, success, leisure, food, sensuality, security and outward beauty -- the love of tradition and even our friends and family -- the pursuit of our goals and dreams are among some just off the top of my head. Most of these are not bad things in and of themselves, don't get me wrong. But if we are not careful, they can all easily become idols in our lives!

What is the object of our affections today? What takes up the majority of our time, effort, and resources? These are our idols. Anything that we allow to run our life becomes our god.

Friend, there is only One God we ought to be worshiping -- and He will not have any other god's before Him! Let's crush our idols today. We need to get right with the Lord so that we may be used mightily for His Kingdom!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Traveling across the Atlantic Ocean

Editor's Note: Our preliminary US and UK speaking tour calendar are now online. We have quite a few more dates to add as soon as they are confirmed. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Editor's Note: If you have a prayer request, or if you'd be interested in becoming an intercessor, be sure to visit the Worthy Prayer Team!

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Trump submits notice to exit Paris Agreement
On the third anniversary of the Paris Climate Agreement going into effect, the Trump administration announced that it has begun the process to withdraw from the multination landmark environmental accord.
Iran uses embassy takeover anniversary to announce doubling of nuclear enrichment
U.S.-Iran tensions escalated Monday as Tehran announced a doubling of its uranium enrichment activities in a calculated breach of the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers and the Trump administration leveled a slate of fresh sanctions targeting an inner circle of officials around Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
Thousands Attend Competing Rallies in Lebanon
Protesters in Lebanon rallied Sunday to call for President Michel Aoun's ouster as part of a push for sweeping changes that have already brought the resignation of the country's prime minister.
U.S. targets Iranian top leader's inner circle with new sanctions
The United States on Monday imposed sanctions on nine people close to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, including his chief of staff, one of his sons and the head of the judiciary.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Netanyahu: We have no better friends than our Christian friends
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu addressed Christian journalists and dignitaries from around the world Sunday, as the 2019 Christian Media Summit kicked off in Jerusalem.
Was the corner of God's altar found in Shiloh, West Bank?
This summer, under the guidance of Dr. Scott Stripling, a discovery of a horn, which was one of the four corners of an ancient altar, as described in Kings was found in Shiloh.
Hamas warns it has enough rockets to target Tel Aviv for 'six months in a row'
Hamas's leader in Gaza, Yahya Sinwar, on Monday threatened to turn Israeli cities into 'ghost towns' and warned the terror group has enough firepower to launch rockets into Tel Aviv 'for six months in a row.'
Likud MK pushes PM on West Bank annexation
A Likud MK is pushing legislation to hold Prime MInister Benjamin Netanyhau to a campaign pledge to annex parts of the West Bank.

Inside the United States
In a major blow to Trump, a federal appeals court ruled he has to turn over his taxes to New York prosecutors
A federal appeals court ruled on Monday that President Donald Trump's accounting firm must turn over his tax returns to New York state prosecutors.

Christian News
‘Not abandoned’: International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
Various groups and churches across the world are taking part in the annual International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church, overseen by the World Evangelical Alliance.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten
Lazman Hazeh Music

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA