• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Moving on, author Grant Jeffrey found that by incorporating numbers for MANY surrounding Muslim nations,  an army of 200 million could be raised. No need to import Chinese from half way around the planet.

Hey Uriah,

When the Islamic Caliphate is re-born, and the 12th Iman, also known as the Mahdi - the savior of the Islamic world, is unveiled to the Muslims, and this Mahdi unites and calls all Muslims to jihad, it certainly wouldn't take much to find 200 million that are willing to fight for Allah. What are there, something like 1.5 billion Muslims? Take out the women and children, you could easy come up with 1 in 7 fighters.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

7 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

Hey Uriah,

When the Islamic Caliphate is re-born, and the 12th Iman, also known as the Mahdi - the savior of the Islamic world, is unveiled to the Muslims, and this Mahdi unites and calls all Muslims to jihad, it certainly wouldn't take much to find 200 million that are willing to fight for Allah. What are there, something like 1.5 billion Muslims? Take out the women and children, you could easy come up with 1 in 7 fighters.

Hi Joe,

Man, that is an excellent point!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/7/2019 at 6:47 PM, Adstar said:

Stop there. Now it mentions the troops from Persia Ethiopia and Libya. Why does the prophecy not mention the Egyptians? Where are the Syrians? or Sinar/Iraq? Where are all these peoples? Are the Libyans going to march through Egypt to attack Israel while the whole Egyptian nation sits quietly as the tanks roll by? Are the Iraqi's going to be doing the same when the Persians head west to Israel? And likewise is Syria and Lebanon going to  take no part with the armies of the north? What has happened to these nations like Egypt and Syria? Could it be at the time of this war that these nations no longer exist? that they where destroyed 1000 years before and their lands where incorporated into the Messianic Kingdom? Take the time now to read Ezekiel 32 starting from verse 11 to the end.

Hi Adstar

By the way I really enjoyed your whole post :thumbs_up: 

You also got me thinking about your question.

As for Egypt, I always thought that the kingdom's boundaries will enlarge covering a part of Egypt and going right up to the top border of Syria?  but maybe these are just the outer fringes.  I am not so sure.

I found these verses interesting;

Isaiah 14:1   For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

Isaiah 14:2   And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.

Remember nothing defiled or that causes an abomination can enter Holy Jerusalem.  Looks like Israel's old oppressors will be new converts, serving them and the Lord.

and then there's these verses;

Isaiah 19:22   And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.

Isaiah 19:23   In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

Isaiah 19:24   In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

Isaiah 19:25   Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

And the law will go out to all, even Egypt for an example.

Zechariah 14:18   And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Hi Dennis,

I wouldn't say it is so obvious, but I will share my thoughts. Starting at the farthest point, -no- the Gog/Magog reference after 1,000 yrs is not the same people group from Ezekiel's prophecy. They are from the entire Earth. However the passage in Revelation about the birds feasting on the corpses is and accompanying verses support a connection to the pertinent Ezekiel chapter.

I have identified key places in scripture where things are cleared up by following the methodology of certain translators, KJV for example. Because we are dealing with obsolete Greek translated into obsolete English in this instance it underscores my point. Translators used italics so it would more readable to the audience and not sound like broken English. And the wanted it to be known they were adding aids as non manuscript wording and not hiding anything. 

Therefore...Rev.20:8- And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, like Gog and Magog.....with italics, reveals the intended meaning. The original manuscripts have NO punctuation at all, so adding  (in a minimal way) helps us get the gist. The scriptures point back to the previous time when massive armies came against God's people from the post millennial perspective.

Moving on, author Grant Jeffrey found that by incorporating numbers for MANY surrounding Muslim nations,  an army of 200 million could be raised. No need to import Chinese from half way around the planet.

Indeed about half of the Russian/Soviet/Federation military are Muslims. There would have to be a time when the Islamic differences are cast aside and only the call for destroying Israel could do it. Of course this occurs at the battle of Armageddon (misnomer). This is at a time when God has already used HIS E.M.P. weapon, seen in Rev. 16:10- And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness...(plunged into darkness)...the grid goes down and mechanized battalions are useless. Yet Russia has more horses than any other country in the world. They will be put to use. Also, there at least 100 million AK-47's/AK-74's in circulation, many of which are in the middle eastern nations and surely there are many other rifles/shotguns with wooden stocks etc. These are what will be burned for 7 yrs.  My assumption is people will grab any helmet, home made shield etc. like a Mad Max scenario as they are driven to join the fight.

ak-47.jpg

It may or not be "satisfactory" to you but to me it actually does keep it simple.

Very interesting thoughts you have.

I too have considered all of what you are saying and how it could play out. There's no doubt in my mind nuclear weapons are in use, based on passages and descriptions in Isaiah 17:, Jeremiah 49:, Revelation and elsewhere. EMP nuclear strikes are certainly an effective military strategy for bringing down nations. It appears to me, the mark of the Beast and the controlling of all buying and selling [globally], is a very advanced technology, and doesn't occur until mid-tribulation; when the Son of Perdition commits the abomination of desolation and declares himself as god. Thus to do so; the entire globe has to be wired in to the system of advanced technology and artificial intelligence I would think. If you haven't done so yet, I suggest you view video of "Sophie the Robot" for old artificial intelligence and its uses. It makes my skin crawl.

Revelation 13:14 (KJV) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. [emphasis added]

The above verse clearly tells us "man" is going to construct this image of the Beast. Based on what is said this image of the beast will can and will do; it has to be robotic, electronic, have advanced artificial intelligence and likely to be demonically possessed by the power of the False Prophet through Satan. Therefore; EMP strikes can not be so wide spread because it would take down most electrical grids, electronics and transportation systems. 

It appears to me that toward the end of the tribulation, things switched from a technological world to a primitive one, taking at least that area of the world back to the 1800's? If we are to take John's descriptions literally, and not symbolically, as they did not have words for tanks and mechanical transport in ancient times. If literal, they're fighting war the primitive way with horses, wagons, swords, rifles and pistols?

China has stated in the past, that if needed, they could easily field an army of two hundred million. India could do the same, the Muslim nations could easily do the same. Lots of theories and speculation of whom the Kings of the East may be?

Based on Ezekiel's description of the Gog-Magog destruction. You have trained 'professionals' cleaning up the land after the destruction, not civilians [radioactivity]. When passersby see something the professionals miss, they are not to touch or remove it, but mark it so it can be retrieved by trained personnel. This exactly follows a military's NBC weapons manual, policy and procedures. It's no stretch to determine nuclear, biological or chemical weaponry was at play. Thus, these will be the weapons Israel burns for seven years. Biological and chemical weapons consume energy to burn from an outside source. Nuclear weapons produce energy and can be converted to sustained energy for consumption and use. 

So, the timing of the start of burning these nuclear weapons for seven years? I'm in good company when I don't see this event  associated with the end of the millennium Gog-Magog, but in the near future for reasons too numerous to mention. Time will tell, and I believe time is short, if we're around to witness it?

28 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

Hey Uriah,

Excellent point I've also considered. Catholicism, the worlds largest religion with roughly 1.6 billion followers, is closely followed by the globes 2nd largest religion, Muslims, with roughly 1.4 billion adherents last check. The two largest sects, Sunni the largest, and Shi'a hate each other and are constantly killing each other. Still see that hatred at present and latest example; Iran [dominated by the Shi'a sect] firing missiles destroying 1/2 of Saudi Arabia's [Sunni Islam] oil fields and production. The one thing they hate worse than each other they agree on is; Jew's and Christians [the little Satan and the Big Satan]. 

Like you said, I also believe one way or another they are eventually going to unite and be a force to be reckoned with. The only thing I would debate would be the one in seven you mentioned. They constantly use women and children to blow themselves up and use in combat. That makes the ratio and fielding even stronger.

Speaking of Islam belief's, radical Islam and how the West defines and labels them... What's the difference between radical Islam and Islam in general? They all have the same holy book, the Koran, and the sayings of Muhammad, the Hadith. They only argue about certain interpretations of it. Either they believe it all, or they don't. Either they act upon the commands of the Koran and Hadith or they don't. If you're a Muslim, you're commanded to hate and kill the Saturday and Sunday people. That's not a religion of peace. How can a rational critical thinking mind read the Koran and Hadith and conclude Islam is a religion of peace. It's not so much of a religion as a way of life, subjection and domination.  

What happens when a strict 'radical' Muslim confronts a so called 'moderate' Muslim, and demands they take some sort of action or to aid them? The Koran and Hadith is clear on the punishment if one leaves the Muslim faith, death. Or doesn't follow the commands of Islam; death, dismemberment, dis-figuration, killing of families and children. PEACE.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just along those lines; I have always said that every muslim is a potential  terrorist.

All it would take is the right nudge, the right circumstance, the right time.

In my estimation, this is a reasonable presumption.

Whether or not something like that comes to fruition, is another thing.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Very interesting thoughts you have.

I too have considered all of what you are saying and how it could play out. There's no doubt in my mind nuclear weapons are in use, based on passages and descriptions in Isaiah 17:, Jeremiah 49:, Revelation and elsewhere. EMP nuclear strikes are certainly an effective military strategy for bringing down nations. It appears to me, the mark of the Beast and the controlling of all buying and selling [globally], is a very advanced technology, and doesn't occur until mid-tribulation; when the Son of Perdition commits the abomination of desolation and declares himself as god. Thus to do so; the entire globe has to be wired in to the system of advanced technology and artificial intelligence I would think. If you haven't done so yet, I suggest you view video of "Sophie the Robot" for old artificial intelligence and its uses. It makes my skin crawl.

Revelation 13:14 (KJV) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. [emphasis added]

The above verse clearly tells us "man" is going to construct this image of the Beast. Based on what is said this image of the beast will can and will do; it has to be robotic, electronic, have advanced artificial intelligence and likely to be demonically possessed by the power of the False Prophet through Satan. Therefore; EMP strikes can not be so wide spread because it would take down most electrical grids, electronics and transportation systems. 

It appears to me that toward the end of the tribulation, things switched from a technological world to a primitive one, taking at least that area of the world back to the 1800's? If we are to take John's descriptions literally, and not symbolically, as they did not have words for tanks and mechanical transport in ancient times. If literal, they're fighting war the primitive way with horses, wagons, swords, rifles and pistols?

China has stated in the past, that if needed, they could easily field an army of two hundred million. India could do the same, the Muslim nations could easily do the same. Lots of theories and speculation of whom the Kings of the East may be?

Based on Ezekiel's description of the Gog-Magog destruction. You have trained 'professionals' cleaning up the land after the destruction, not civilians [radioactivity]. When passersby see something the professionals miss, they are not to touch or remove it, but mark it so it can be retrieved by trained personnel. This exactly follows a military's NBC weapons manual, policy and procedures. It's no stretch to determine nuclear, biological or chemical weaponry was at play. Thus, these will be the weapons Israel burns for seven years. Biological and chemical weapons consume energy to burn from an outside source. Nuclear weapons produce energy and can be converted to sustained energy for consumption and use. 

So, the timing of the start of burning these nuclear weapons for seven years? I'm in good company when I don't see this event  associated with the end of the millennium Gog-Magog, but in the near future for reasons too numerous to mention. Time will tell, and I believe time is short, if we're around to witness it?

Hi Dennis

To me the whole nuclear grand finale is left over from the 1950's-the "terminator gospel." It doesn't work well when comparing other aspects to scripture. for example, Ezekiel 39:13 plainly says "Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD". No need for nukes.. God will get the glory, not man's puny power. Hiroshima was nuked, yet it was indeed rebuilt.

ATT00025.jpg

However God made the Golan Heights a volcanic mountain range. When M. Pinatubo erupted it dropped a few feet of "ash" nearby and the U.S had to relocate its military base. That would collapse many roofs in Damascus. The debris is like very, very tiny shards of glass. Disturbing it will make it airbourne. Breathing it in causes permanent lung damage,it cannot be removed. 

Nukes aren't the only thing that cause an E.M.P. either. The cloud in space from the ejecta from the Rev. 8:8 asteroid impact (stoning) will become ionized and generate an intense magnetic field...which will put the lights out and when it discharges the charge will circle the planet and at Armageddon it will be attracted to the moist parts of the body (like charges do) burning out their eyes and tongues! (also stated in Ezekiel)

image.jpg

Edited by Uriah
underline

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

And it didn't take long, either. A mere blip.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I usually don't get into prophecy discussions mainly because there is a wide diversity in what people think will take place in the future. How many of us that grew up back in the 50's, 60's and 70's could have imagined what today was going to be like for us; now that we are in our 50's, 60's and 70's or exactly how people were going to think, act, and talk today; back in those years? We have some hints and glimpses, but I don't think we have the whole picture just yet. I do think our understanding will be much clearer as we cross each bridge so to speak.

It may be that Ezekiel was using hyperbolic expression or what he had to say was meant to be taken literally. We do have a picture presented from scripture itself in multiple places that this gog army is very, very immense. So immense will this army be that towns (plural) (vs 9) will use the weapons as fuel. I too, thought of the wood stocks on guns, but I also saw online that crossbows, bows and arrows and the like are still being used in military training and in some combat instances. Yes I get that modern weapons are the primary military tools of today, but there are still uses and reasons for bow and arrow. So don't totally discount them from a possibility of being used instead of modern warfare weapons. Or in combination. A vast amount of military equipment and other items brought by Gog and allies will be left behind on the field of battle.

The whole point I think Ezekiel wants to get across to readers from verse 9 to verse 16 is that the whole world at that point in time is going to know without a shadow of doubt that there is indeed a living God. They will know beyond a shadow of doubt that it was God who protected Israel from gog's army and allies. The aftermath will cause ALL peoples to really consider their spiritual state and who God is. It will remove all excuses and doubts unbelieving people have. It will also remove any excuses to keep on in a sinful life. A major turning point in human affairs.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, appy said:

I usually don't get into prophecy discussions mainly because there is a wide diversity in what people think will take place in the future. How many of us that grew up back in the 50's, 60's and 70's could have imagined what today was going to be like for us; now that we are in our 50's, 60's and 70's or exactly how people were going to think, act, and talk today; back in those years? We have some hints and glimpses, but I don't think we have the whole picture just yet. I do think our understanding will be much clearer as we cross each bridge so to speak.

It may be that Ezekiel was using hyperbolic expression or what he had to say was meant to be taken literally. We do have a picture presented from scripture itself in multiple places that this gog army is very, very immense. So immense will this army be that towns (plural) (vs 9) will use the weapons as fuel. I too, thought of the wood stocks on guns, but I also saw online that crossbows, bows and arrows and the like are still being used in military training and in some combat instances. Yes I get that modern weapons are the primary military tools of today, but there are still uses and reasons for bow and arrow. So don't totally discount them from a possibility of being used instead of modern warfare weapons. Or in combination. A vast amount of military equipment and other items brought by Gog and allies will be left behind on the field of battle.

The whole point I think Ezekiel wants to get across to readers from verse 9 to verse 16 is that the whole world at that point in time is going to know without a shadow of doubt that there is indeed a living God. They will know beyond a shadow of doubt that it was God who protected Israel from gog's army and allies. The aftermath will cause ALL peoples to really consider their spiritual state and who God is. It will remove all excuses and doubts unbelieving people have. It will also remove any excuses to keep on in a sinful life. A major turning point in human affairs.

Yes I agree, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind it was the God of Israel whom protected them. It's possible to likely they will have small nuclear devices with them for use if needed; and they may be the cause of the contamination [again speculation on my part]? For starters, the western mind does not think and comprehend like the Hebrew / Jewish mind. I personally get ahead of myself with prophecy, instead of looking back at an event that occurred and seeing that it was in fact prophecy and from God, I tend to look at global events occurring now and fitting them into prophesied events to come [perhaps a misuse]. With the information the Bible gives us about the players, events and locations, I think it only human nature a person tries to figure them out ahead of time; maybe even try to scrunch them into their own preconceived hermeneutic view. 

I neglected to expound on many other things that could cause these events for brevity, for instance, a sudden loss of modern technology due to cosmic or man-made events of EMP [Nuclear strike 1-2 hundred miles above earth, solar flare or Coronal Mass Ejection, volcanic activity, or other ionization of our atmosphere]. Anyway, as God's plan and timing unfold for us to witness, providing we're still here to see it, I'm sure we are in for some major surprises in our views! Prior to 1948, Bible scholars and all of Christianity could not comprehend how Israel could become a nation once again, in one day. They just believed it was going to happen, and were surprised and had no idea how it would occur.

Today I was studying on the literal city of Babylon, and separating it from mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation. I never paid attention to this but ,this time reading it caught my eye. In Isaiah 13: 17, pertaining to end-time Babylon, the Medes are mentioned. The ancient Medes are the modern day Kurd's. We see the role the Kurd's are playing right now in Iraq and the middle-east, our abandonment of the Kurd's and withdraw from Syria. Fascinating! I'm not even going to speculate about their role :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention, you're right again. I'm an old man and witnessed much change in my almost seven decades on this earth. In just the last 5-10 years alone, I can't believe the speed and intensity of the cultural, moral and God-less changes and attitudes that have taken place. If I'm or we are still around in just 3, 5, 7 years, what's our country and the world going to look like? Imagine if our Revolutionary War ancestor suddenly was conjured up and looked at the world today, what thoughts would he have? Bad example but the best I could come up with at the present to float a point. 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1