Sign in to follow this  
Dennis1209

Never Heard a Satisfactory Explanation?

I usually don't get into prophecy discussions mainly because there is a wide diversity in what people think will take place in the future. How many of us that grew up back in the 50's, 60's and 70's could have imagined what today was going to be like for us; now that we are in our 50's, 60's and 70's or exactly how people were going to think, act, and talk today; back in those years? We have some hints and glimpses, but I don't think we have the whole picture just yet. I do think our understanding will be much clearer as we cross each bridge so to speak.

It may be that Ezekiel was using hyperbolic expression or what he had to say was meant to be taken literally. We do have a picture presented from scripture itself in multiple places that this gog army is very, very immense. So immense will this army be that towns (plural) (vs 9) will use the weapons as fuel. I too, thought of the wood stocks on guns, but I also saw online that crossbows, bows and arrows and the like are still being used in military training and in some combat instances. Yes I get that modern weapons are the primary military tools of today, but there are still uses and reasons for bow and arrow. So don't totally discount them from a possibility of being used instead of modern warfare weapons. Or in combination. A vast amount of military equipment and other items brought by Gog and allies will be left behind on the field of battle.

The whole point I think Ezekiel wants to get across to readers from verse 9 to verse 16 is that the whole world at that point in time is going to know without a shadow of doubt that there is indeed a living God. They will know beyond a shadow of doubt that it was God who protected Israel from gog's army and allies. The aftermath will cause ALL peoples to really consider their spiritual state and who God is. It will remove all excuses and doubts unbelieving people have. It will also remove any excuses to keep on in a sinful life. A major turning point in human affairs.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, appy said:

I usually don't get into prophecy discussions mainly because there is a wide diversity in what people think will take place in the future. How many of us that grew up back in the 50's, 60's and 70's could have imagined what today was going to be like for us; now that we are in our 50's, 60's and 70's or exactly how people were going to think, act, and talk today; back in those years? We have some hints and glimpses, but I don't think we have the whole picture just yet. I do think our understanding will be much clearer as we cross each bridge so to speak.

It may be that Ezekiel was using hyperbolic expression or what he had to say was meant to be taken literally. We do have a picture presented from scripture itself in multiple places that this gog army is very, very immense. So immense will this army be that towns (plural) (vs 9) will use the weapons as fuel. I too, thought of the wood stocks on guns, but I also saw online that crossbows, bows and arrows and the like are still being used in military training and in some combat instances. Yes I get that modern weapons are the primary military tools of today, but there are still uses and reasons for bow and arrow. So don't totally discount them from a possibility of being used instead of modern warfare weapons. Or in combination. A vast amount of military equipment and other items brought by Gog and allies will be left behind on the field of battle.

The whole point I think Ezekiel wants to get across to readers from verse 9 to verse 16 is that the whole world at that point in time is going to know without a shadow of doubt that there is indeed a living God. They will know beyond a shadow of doubt that it was God who protected Israel from gog's army and allies. The aftermath will cause ALL peoples to really consider their spiritual state and who God is. It will remove all excuses and doubts unbelieving people have. It will also remove any excuses to keep on in a sinful life. A major turning point in human affairs.

Yes I agree, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind it was the God of Israel whom protected them. It's possible to likely they will have small nuclear devices with them for use if needed; and they may be the cause of the contamination [again speculation on my part]? For starters, the western mind does not think and comprehend like the Hebrew / Jewish mind. I personally get ahead of myself with prophecy, instead of looking back at an event that occurred and seeing that it was in fact prophecy and from God, I tend to look at global events occurring now and fitting them into prophesied events to come [perhaps a misuse]. With the information the Bible gives us about the players, events and locations, I think it only human nature a person tries to figure them out ahead of time; maybe even try to scrunch them into their own preconceived hermeneutic view. 

I neglected to expound on many other things that could cause these events for brevity, for instance, a sudden loss of modern technology due to cosmic or man-made events of EMP [Nuclear strike 1-2 hundred miles above earth, solar flare or Coronal Mass Ejection, volcanic activity, or other ionization of our atmosphere]. Anyway, as God's plan and timing unfold for us to witness, providing we're still here to see it, I'm sure we are in for some major surprises in our views! Prior to 1948, Bible scholars and all of Christianity could not comprehend how Israel could become a nation once again, in one day. They just believed it was going to happen, and were surprised and had no idea how it would occur.

Today I was studying on the literal city of Babylon, and separating it from mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation. I never paid attention to this but ,this time reading it caught my eye. In Isaiah 13: 17, pertaining to end-time Babylon, the Medes are mentioned. The ancient Medes are the modern day Kurd's. We see the role the Kurd's are playing right now in Iraq and the middle-east, our abandonment of the Kurd's and withdraw from Syria. Fascinating! I'm not even going to speculate about their role :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention, you're right again. I'm an old man and witnessed much change in my almost seven decades on this earth. In just the last 5-10 years alone, I can't believe the speed and intensity of the cultural, moral and God-less changes and attitudes that have taken place. If I'm or we are still around in just 3, 5, 7 years, what's our country and the world going to look like? Imagine if our Revolutionary War ancestor suddenly was conjured up and looked at the world today, what thoughts would he have? Bad example but the best I could come up with at the present to float a point. 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this