• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you @Blood Bought 1953.

Reading everything you shared. Wow! What I am seeing in myself is pride to hang onto what I partly was taught, and partly what I have observed which I have put into practice. I wore a mask for so long, that when God in His mercy removed it, I saw what I had become. I looked into the mirror and saw the face of the mask. We are all like this; we practice being who we are for so long, there is no longer any difference between us and our mask unless God reveals it to us. It is true; we are deceived beyond measure. No wonder we lose the childlikeness of when we were first saved. We did not know or understand how to obey the law. We only experienced Papa's grace. Then, imperceptibly, we began putting on a mask, and we lost what it was like to see Jesus full of love for us. We become as old men---brittle in heart. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I was raised in a legalistic church.....I never realized anything else existed other than “ Don’t do this— do do that” until I was 30 years old.I always rejected that . I knew there had to be something more. Like almost everybody I knew, I’d rather risk Hell than to be “ religious”. My instincts were correct , but it took me many years to find out that “ religion” is the opposite of Christianity.Satan is behind all religion and the tragedy that has hit Christianity is that the Legalists  have been very  effective at making Christianity just another religion.....mainly the religion of Judaism with a sprinkling of Jesus attached.JudaAnity.God won’t have it.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I also appreciate those members that are willing to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints.   It is sad that many would try to lead others into a legalistic religion.   Other religions provide legalism.   The good news of Christ is that He paid the price for our sins, and that the indwelling Holy Spirit helps us to desire and live the Christian Life.

The fact that Christ is our Salvation is such a blessing!!!   Resting in His finished work is peace and joy.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Allow me to add this, although it might be a little off-topic. I'd like to express my sincere gratitude for so many who have extended their loving support and prayers. The last year and a half has been the nightmare of my entire life. It has been chaotic - spiraling out and uncontrolled.  

Right now, I'm up against an unresolved issue of ongoing emotional turmoil. My hope to avoid involving State intervention, and possible litigation is now being forced on me. All that is asked is human decency and consideration. Apparently it won't happen here. Why they are doing this, I have no clue. 

The solution is so very simple, but administration in this nursing facility will not comply with mandated residential rights. This entire melee has forced me to become extremely unpleasant with them, and there is dire concern for being able to return to the once fairly decent guy I thought I was. 

Please continue to pray. I'm losing grip on my sense of sanity. Thank you, everyone. God bless. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Allow me to add this, although it might be a little off-topic. I'd like to express my sincere gratitude for so many who have extended their loving support and prayers. The last year and a half has been the nightmare of my entire life. It has been chaotic - spiraling out and uncontrolled.  

Right now, I'm up against an unresolved issue of ongoing emotional turmoil. My hope to avoid involving State intervention, and possible litigation is now being forced on me. All that is asked is human decency and consideration. Apparently it won't happen here. Why they are doing this, I have no clue. 

The solution is so very simple, but administration in this nursing facility will not comply with mandated residential rights. This entire melee has forced me to become extremely unpleasant with them, and there is dire concern for being able to return to the once fairly decent guy I thought I was. 

Please continue to pray. I'm losing grip on my sense of sanity. Thank you, everyone. God bless. 

As soon as I finished writing to you, I checked my email, and found the following:

Glory Out Of suffering

John Bunyan was an outstanding preacher in the 1600s, a magnificent preacher, but he was just a preacher; that was all. People loved to hear him preach. Then God put him in Bedford Prison for twelve years, and out of that Bedford jail was born the most glorious book penned by a mortal man outside of the Scriptures; Bunyan's The Pilgrim’s Progress. It was born in the tears of incarceration. The apostle Paul spent most of his ministry in prison, but out of the imprisonment came the letters that form much of our New Testament. The Lord allowed Jesus to be nailed to the cross, and in suffering and agony there to die; but out of death came life, and out of suffering came salvation, and out of His burial in the tomb came our promise of a better resurrection. 

This is the purpose of God. What befalls us is not unknown to Him, and the sufferings that we experience are not strange in His eyes; He is just bringing us to glory. Blessed are they who endure, who keep their faith, who look up in prayer and yielded surrender to heaven, who glorify God in suffering, or in hurt, or in tears. Blessed are they who look up in faith, and trust Him through it all. 

Pastor Criswell

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

@BeauJanglesDear brother, I will be praying for you, ...please let me remind you, it was predestined before the foundation of the world that you would be conformined into the Image of our Lord, ...what you are going through is a part of the process, ...unpleasant as it might be, Father is in control of your life and the circumstances in your life, ...may I humbly suggest you lay down your weapons, ...stop fighting, submit to what He is allowing into your life, ...no weapon formed against you will prevail, ...you are a child of the King of Kings, a servant of the Lord of Lords and there is not any authority on this planet that can overule your Father's authority in and for your life!

Santify this time, give glory to God, rest in His perfect will for your life, reflect and meditate on how faithful He has been in your life, ...the test you are going through has and will, ''come-to-pass'' ...and afterwards you will find Father has probably given you an ''unspoken'' desire of your heart that will turn out to be better than where you are and you will have believed in faith before, rather than after, He has worked, and you will have made the heart of your Father glad, ''...that's My boy!''

The just shall live by faith, ...and by living a life of faith we please our God...

Lord bless

p.s. ...I know what you are going through, I know what it feels like to be without hope, ...I've been imprisoned on a tiny little island with no like minded brothers for 28 years, ...the French Government has come against me, false brothers have scorned me and put me out of their, so called, churches, ...my wife's family thinks I'm wierd because I don't participate in their religeous practices,  ...through all of this, ...Father has been more faithful than I could of ever imagined...

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2