• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im not talking about frivolous things but needs. 

I feel i need so much and feel so bad asking God so much... 

I feel so needy and wish I were stronger.

G4434   (Word Study)  πτωχός

ptōchós, fem. ptōchḗ, neut. ptōchón, adj. from ptōssō (n.f.), to crouch, cower like a beggar. Poor and helpless. As a subst., someone in abject poverty, utter helplessness, complete destitution.

Mat 6:25   ESV "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Mat 6:26  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Mat 6:27  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Mat 6:28  And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, Mat 6:29  yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mat 6:30  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Mat 6:31  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

Mat 6:32  For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.

Mat 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Mat 6:34  "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

An old gospel song said "Your heavenly Father knows your needs before you pray, so rest assured the answer's on the way."

Eventually I learned  that God wants us to depend on Him for all things.   This is a reformed worrier speaking.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

James said “ You do not have because you do not ask”....I don’t have to be told this twice!

If God is a good Father, which I believe He is, does he give us what we “ want”, or does He give us what we “ need?”  When raising my daughter, I did not give her everything she wanted ( many of her wants were unwise), but I always gave-her what she needed—— I think God Works that way...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

And by the way sister, I pray that Sydney is doing well, gaining weight, and loving you loving him, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

God gives us what we need. Do we really need to pray for a BMW or a mansion? If we have food in our mouths and a roof over our heads God is answering our prayers and we are blessed. He will answer us according to what His plan is that He has for our lives. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."              ~ Hebrews 4:16

For a better confidence perhaps a time of prayer and reading  and thinking upon  the fuller context within Hebrews 3 and 4  will be of help.

May God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I don't think you can ask too much, God knows your heart and He will answer every prayer but it's not always a "yes" as He knows what we need but He is blessing most of us already with more then we need,,we can't even breathe on our own without Him.

19and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20Now to Him who is able to do infinitely more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, 21to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.…Eph.3:20

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

Faith, in the life of a person who is born again, is actually learning how to use God.

"use God", means that God is a Father, who wants to HELP, BLESS, and Make you more like Jesus.

To understand.....>"it is impossible to please God without Faith", is to understand that God is waiting for you to turn to Him for EVERYTHING......... "learning how to use God". is pleasing him with your Faith.

If you have ever prayed that someone be healed and they were, then you have used your TRUST to use God as He wants to be used.

God wants to be used.  He wants to HELP......and TRUST is learning how to use God.

"learning to Lean, learning to lean, im learning to Lean on JESUS"..........this is using God.  This is real FAITH.

Being born again gives you full access to God.   God is power, authority, health, peace, love, truth, protection, blessing, prosperity, 2nd chances......etc.

God is IN YOU, so, you dont need to be thinking that he is "out there somewhere"....   No, he's right there with you, while you are reading this that im writing.

We are NEEDY, and God is the ETERNAL SUPPLY.   And to learn how to see God as the constant provider, is to learn how to understand exactly how He wants you to see "Faith".

You have stuff, right?   House, car, food, clothes, TV, Cable, Internet, Jewelry, Money... a Heartbeat.... So, you have these because God has allowed it.  He is providing them..  You are using His provision.

So, see what He is already doing for you?   And you probably didnt even ask Him for any of this.... And so, if He is doing that for you, why do you think He would not answer your prayer?

He Will, but you have to see it.  You have to understand that God is in control, and you are His.   He will always take care of His. <> Learn to KNOW THIS.<......and not just wonder about it., and hope for the best.

There are people who have been asking, praying to God for the same solution for 20 yrs.   They've asked Him 3000 times, with tears.

Well, maybe he said "NO" long ago.   Could be.   

But no matter,, God heard you the first time, and once you stop asking and start BELIEVING that He will do it, you have learned how to have real Faith.

Faith is accepting that God will do it, being convinced, no matter how you feel.   God understands your feelings, but He only responds to your Faith, to your TRUST.

Trust, is Faith.

See, Jesus face?    Can you see it?    See those nail scarred wrists, and that hole in his side,?     Notice He has EARS?    Those are God's ears.  And they hear you the first time when you pray.

So, understanding how Faith works......... begins with understanding that God wants to answer you, and you have to believe this.  

Most people have all these contradictions going on in their soul...>"well, i need him, but i know what ive been doing".. "I know what i should have been doing".....So, why would He help me.."""

Thats the Devil.  He is the condemner....  God does not give you feelings of condemnation, God gives you Joy.   God gives you Peace.  God gives you solutions.

Satan is the accuser, ... God is the Redeemer who gives you GRACE.

So, why will He answer you, .....Its because God is your Father, and you are worth dying for, so, obviously He really thinks you are something special, and certainly He wants to be there for you, always.........and is.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

14 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

We don't have to apologize for asking for the things we need, even if it seems we need a lot.