DustyRoad

For The Lady

@DustyRoad  Thank you for the exhortations and blessings.  Our Father is involved in everything.  ...For in Him, we live and move and have our being. (Acts 17:28)  

20AEB795-ABCA-4C4B-94B7-BA4065DC082A.gif.a366ddd6d4f4257ff392c4ae669e485d.gif  Press on, Dusty 

• Loved it! 1

I'm letting this stand because it's a fair representation of what God gave me to do when he gave me another chance. Everyone should know of this woman's kindness and the Lord's love for her. Amen. 

Edited by DustyRoad

On 11/6/2019 at 3:08 AM, DustyRoad said:

She cared for me like a mother loves her child; but the world stripped her children and grandchildren from her. They never knew her even though she knows of them; only the Lord knows the fullness of it all, beloved. God bless you for reading these words so that I might bear witness to a woman greatly loved by our Lord Jesus Christ who purchased us, his chosen ones, with his blood. She belongs to the Lord, friends.

Yes, Dusty, she does belong to the Lord, and you give her honor by remembering her true heart in such a special way.  

Romans 13:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

The lady reminds me of the natives the apostle Paul and those sailing with him met on the island of Malta after a shipwreck there.  "And the natives showed us unusual kindness; for they kindled a fire and made us all welcome, because of the rain that was falling and because of the cold." (Acts 28:2)

You probably recall the rest of that story.... Paul gathered some sticks to throw on the fire, and a viper came out of the fire and latched onto his hand.  The natives thought Paul was probably a murderer, who having escaped a watery grave, was now being pursued by "justice."  But Paul just shook the viper off back into the fire--no worries.  They watched him for a good while, thinking surely he would swell up and keel over dead.  Of course, he didn't; so then they thought he must be a god.  

Wow!  Isn't it amazing how God can set the stage for ministry?  :)  I'm certain Paul set them straight and taught them about the real true and living God.  The Bible tells us that he stayed among them for three months and with the power of the Holy Spirit healed many on the island during that time. 

May the same true and living God make an impression on the Lady's heart and draw her to Him.  

• This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

"And the natives showed us unusual kindness; for they kindled a fire and made us all welcome, because of the rain that was falling and because of the cold." (Acts 28:2)

You probably recall the rest of that story.... Paul gathered some sticks to throw on the fire, and a viper came out of the fire and latched onto his hand.  The natives thought Paul was probably a murderer, who having escaped a watery grave, was now being pursued by "justice."  But Paul just shook the viper off back into the fire--no worries.  They watched him for a good while, thinking surely he would swell up and keel over dead.  Of course, he didn't; so then they thought he must be a god.  

Wow!  Isn't it amazing how God can set the stage for ministry? 

You have a habit of doing this, sister. I never read through Acts (only portions of it) so here you are sharing parts of that book which ring no bells at all. Clearly I haven't read them before.  Praise the Lord! That's added to my list now. :)

• Loved it! 1

I want to assure my brothers and sisters that I endure. The day is coming when we'll be free of this flesh but until then we endure for the sake of Jesus Christ and the work he establishes in us all. I'm writing this with some of you in mind; those who have prayed for the lady's sake as well as my own and especially those whom the Lord sends during my trial. If you follow what I do on Worthy then you'll know some of the truth about last night and how I found myself living through it again.

Something happens when God's Spirit illuminates us with truth, however. We're forever changed by it!

That's the blessing of obedience I babble about now and then, those times when the Spirit of the Lord illuminates us and nothing is ever the same again. I mentioned "pouring myself out" before and how I'm called to do this (aren't we all?) but what might not have been readily apparent was my folly in presuming this meant recounting what I've endured by the lady's side. Even the discretion I exercised couldn't spare me from the agony to come!

The Lord in his mercy showed me what he meant last night when I came across someone else in a dark and all too familiar place. God blesses me even when I suffer and this is that knowledge which he planted in me, even when the memories resumed after I prayed for their sake. Even then the Lord was with me and he never left last night, not even for a moment.

When I came to in the chair after sunrise this morning I started doing the usual --- ask God's forgiveness for it happening again --- but I stopped short because I know better now. Who in their right mind plans on spending the hours of darkness as a prisoner of their own mind, and then losing consciousness afterward due to exhaustion? Certainly not me nor anyone else I can think of!

I endure because of Jesus Christ who strengthens me. That's the truth and so I was able to catch some hours prone in bed (it always helps) to compensate for the sudden loss of consciousness which invariably follows the ordeal. It would be a simple matter to just get up and go to bed, right? No doubt about that --- there have been times when I was able to pull that off shortly after the neighborhood of midnight, but that's the exception and not the rule. How it usually happens: the next thing I know the sun is rising and there I am, sitting in the chair. 

It's okay, friends. I'm assured this won't last forever. :)

• Praise God! 2

It won’t last forever—the best is yet to come.  God promises lots of happiness in the eternity. 
:emot-heartbeat:

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1