BibleGuy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Torah is considered the inspired Word of God by both Jews and Christians alike. Christians, however, see Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of the Messianic prophecies and believe the Law was fulfilled in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Tampered With said:

I am out of this thread as it is useless!!!!!

Haha, I hear you brother.  

To be fair, as many do not know the Scriptures well, other than Paul alone, it's understandable that they trip up. As a result, we read the same regurgitations of the same old fearful arguments, again and again, which are without understanding.

Some people neither listen or indeed want to. They know what they know.  So you're quite right to leave them to it. Let them stay on their course their heading and don't bother even engaging with them. 

But I hope you stay on this thread to spend some time replying to those who have genuine questions and interest and are open to discussion. 

Hopefully you should know by now those who can be ignored. I see certain names and just skip past their post these days! But what of other posters? They still need your wisdom and insight - including myself. 

Love & Shalom 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Alright,  would someone who believes that Christians are bound to the law and the law is to be obeyed today BY Christians please explain how you determine which ones are applicable to your life and MUST be obeyed to live as a Christian.

I'm not talking about the moral ones that were in existence BEFORE the law - like murder, rape, stealing, lying, and adultery.  Those were sins from the beginning and will always be.  I'm talking about those confined within the law and not practiced in the New Testament.

Like not combining fabrics and only having one crop in a field. [Boy would my grandparents have bombed out there.]

Or killing sons and daughters when promiscuous or rebellious.  Or stoning a rapist or adulterer.  When's the last time the church practiced that?

Or wearing sideburns.  Or wearing tassels on your hats and bottom of your robes.  Or all of those Feast Days?

Which laws are in concrete and stone for the Christians and which ones are not?  And why?

I'm not getting explicitly understanding of what you guys mean when you say Christians should obey the law.  

Which ones and why?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Alright,  would someone who believes that Christians are bound to the law and the law is to be obeyed today BY Christians please explain how you determine which ones are applicable to your life and MUST be obeyed to live as a Christian.

Just two, sister.

Mark 12:30,31 (NIV)

30  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
31  The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Jesus does not hammer anyone over the head to force obedience. We desire to because he first loved us.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

15 hours ago, nzkev said:

It is the centre and the heart Of Christianity And of God I would go as far to say, if you think there is more after salvation you are showing you are not mature at all you're really showing you haven't even taken the first step in Christianity

This is far too personal. Please refrain from such going forward in the thread. Doing so will result in your removal from it.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Tampered With said:

You, at least, are understanding what I am saying. Praise God! Also "Blood Bought" acknowledged where I was going, which I greatly appreciated. You can't have a discussion about a subject matter when no one will even acknowledge the subject matter exists.

I was overdue to get something right......as we say here- “ Even the blind hog finds an acorn!” Lol.....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I can't understand what the OP is talking about unless someone explains it to me.  I have asked - I thought politely, twice and once indirectly -  for SOMEONE to explain it to me what some of you are talking about when you say Christians should obey the law.

All I've gotten is an Oy Vey, a Bible verse, and a passive-aggressive insult.

I am REALLY curious to understand what you all are talking about.  I PROMISE, with all my heart that I won't post at all in response or ask anything else again.

What are you all talking about when you teach that Christians must obey the law.  I know and have known from the first post that no one was talking about obeying the law for salvation.  I just want to understand why you all believe that Christians must obey the law as a lifestyle.

Which ones? Why?  You won't hear from me again in this thread.  Whether someone explains it or not.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

If one buys a Nuclear Reactor, the best thing one could do is read and follow the instructions  if your desire is for things to go well......same thing goes for trying to read and obey the Torah— it’s God”s instruction book for fallen Mankind .Things will go well if it is followed.As Paul said, the Law is of utmost value when it is used properly.Proper use of the Law is to let it lead you to Christ because nobody except Jesus can keep it.Obey the Laws Of Nuclear Plant construction and obey the Laws Of  God for your own benefit .Obeying rules can keep you from blowing up the country and it can keep you from living a defeated life and that’s about it....obedience to rules , no matter how beneficial can save. Faith in the Blood Of Jesus can.Go with that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Put on the new man. Let's follow christ and pick up our cross. Jesus carry his cross to the death. Let us live for him.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

On 11/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, Ruth Also said:

The odd thing I found is that when Jesus broke the bonds and set me free, what was happening in my heart was a desire to do what He said - not for the sake of earning this wonderful salvation, but as a joyful response!  

There are so many of the laws that make sense in some way or other, if we just look.  Like women wearing that which pertains to a woman and a man wearing that which pertains to a man.  I mean, who can't do that?  Why even say so?  Well, fast forward to today and you can see where the confusion of the precious roles of gender can really create chaos in our minds.  No matter what transgendering surgeries can do, every DNA molecule is right there telling the truth.  We'd have been better off just celebrating our gender, and there is much to celebrate!  What we wear as male or female is not mandated, but that we present publicly as what we are is mandated, for the good of all.  

I really like the building of a safety fence around the top of your house so nobody can fall off.  Or returning your neighbor's animal.  Those things work.  Who *can't* keep those?  They demonstrate that there is indeed a right way to behave.  And they reinforce that to a degree we often want to shirk, we are our brother's keeper.  Love works no harm against his neighbor.  

Are we "saved" by the blood of the ONE obedient Son in order to worship idols, tell lies, sleep with our neighbor's spouse, murder innocent people?  Well, obviously not.  So we really are "saved" from our past sins in order to finally from the inside out want to serve God acceptably and with the reverence of obedience that shows we trust Him.   

Great points....thank you!

blessings...