douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Promises were given to Israel that were not given to the church, the body of Christ; neither was the church, the body, instructed to claim them.

Genesis 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

God made promise to Abraham and his seed to multiply and bless them; in the seed of Abraham all the nations of the earth will be blessed.

Deuteronomy 1:10 The LORD your God hath multiplied you, and, behold, ye are this day as the stars of heaven for multitude.

1:11 (The LORD God of your fathers make you a thousand times so many more as ye are, and bless you, as he hath promised you!)

Israel was multiplied as the stars in number as promised.

Deuteronomy 15:6 For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.

Israel was promised to reign over many nations.

Deuteronomy 26:18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;

The LORD affirmed that Israel to be his peculiar people as promised (Exodus 19:5 Psalm 135:4 1 Peter 2:9).

Genesis 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

The LORD gave promise to Abram (Abraham) and his seed to be given all the seen land.

Deuteronomy27:2 And it shall be on the day when ye shall pass over Jordan unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, that thou shalt set thee up great stones, and plaster them with plaster:

27:3 And thou shalt write upon them all the words of this law, when thou art passed over, that thou mayest go in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, a land that floweth with milk and honey; as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee.

The promise of the land was once again repeated by the LORD when he gave commandment to Israel about crossing the Jordan.

1 Kings 9:5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.

In speaking to Solomon, God said he would establish the throne of Solomon's kingdom forever as promised David.

2 Samuel 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

David's throne and his kingdom would be established forever; this is the promised Davidic kingdom on earth.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom which was the glad tidings of the coming of the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. The disciples certainly expected this kingdom when they asked Jesus if the kingdom would be restored at that time (Acts 1:6).

In Deuteronomy 15:6 Israel was promised to reign over many nations; this will be fulfilled in the Davidic kingdom (Revelation 5:10 Revelation 20:4-6 Revelation 22:5).

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

The Lord Jesus Christ confirmed the promises to Israel; if Israel had received Jesus as Messiah, the Son of God, and responded to the gospel of the kingdom, the Davidic kingdom would have come unto them.

Jesus will yet come and establish the kingdom (Matthew 25:31 Matthew 16:28 2 Peter 1:11) and fulfill all the promises given Israel; Israel will possess the promised land (Jeremiah 30:3 Ezekiel 36:24).

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The church, the body of Christ, has been given promises as well according to the verse above:

1) Comfort in tribulations (2 Corinthians 1:4)

2) Forgiveness in Christ (2 Corinthians 2:10)

3) The spiritual blessings of the new testament by the blood of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:6)

4) The gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

5) A resurrected body (2 Corinthians 5:1)

6) The earnest of the Spirit (2 Corinthians 5:5)

7) The ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

On 11/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, douge said:

Romans 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Promises were given to Israel that were not given to the church, the body of Christ; neither was the church, the body, instructed to claim them.

Genesis 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

God made promise to Abraham and his seed to multiply and bless them; in the seed of Abraham all the nations of the earth will be blessed.

Deuteronomy 1:10 The LORD your God hath multiplied you, and, behold, ye are this day as the stars of heaven for multitude.

1:11 (The LORD God of your fathers make you a thousand times so many more as ye are, and bless you, as he hath promised you!)

Israel was multiplied as the stars in number as promised.

Deuteronomy 15:6 For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.

Israel was promised to reign over many nations.

Deuteronomy 26:18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;

The LORD affirmed that Israel to be his peculiar people as promised (Exodus 19:5 Psalm 135:4 1 Peter 2:9).

Genesis 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

The LORD gave promise to Abram (Abraham) and his seed to be given all the seen land.

Deuteronomy27:2 And it shall be on the day when ye shall pass over Jordan unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, that thou shalt set thee up great stones, and plaster them with plaster:

27:3 And thou shalt write upon them all the words of this law, when thou art passed over, that thou mayest go in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, a land that floweth with milk and honey; as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee.

The promise of the land was once again repeated by the LORD when he gave commandment to Israel about crossing the Jordan.

1 Kings 9:5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.

In speaking to Solomon, God said he would establish the throne of Solomon's kingdom forever as promised David.

2 Samuel 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

David's throne and his kingdom would be established forever; this is the promised Davidic kingdom on earth.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom which was the glad tidings of the coming of the promised Davidic kingdom on earth. The disciples certainly expected this kingdom when they asked Jesus if the kingdom would be restored at that time (Acts 1:6).

In Deuteronomy 15:6 Israel was promised to reign over many nations; this will be fulfilled in the Davidic kingdom (Revelation 5:10 Revelation 20:4-6 Revelation 22:5).

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

The Lord Jesus Christ confirmed the promises to Israel; if Israel had received Jesus as Messiah, the Son of God, and responded to the gospel of the kingdom, the Davidic kingdom would have come unto them.

Jesus will yet come and establish the kingdom (Matthew 25:31 Matthew 16:28 2 Peter 1:11) and fulfill all the promises given Israel; Israel will possess the promised land (Jeremiah 30:3 Ezekiel 36:24).

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

The church, the body of Christ, has been given promises as well according to the verse above:

1) Comfort in tribulations (2 Corinthians 1:4)

2) Forgiveness in Christ (2 Corinthians 2:10)

3) The spiritual blessings of the new testament by the blood of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:6)

4) The gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

5) A resurrected body (2 Corinthians 5:1)

6) The earnest of the Spirit (2 Corinthians 5:5)

7) The ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19)

Actually, if you read the next verse Paul said that the promises belong to the fathers. They were to the fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The promise to Abraham was fourfold. God promised to, make him the father of a great nation, the father of many nations, that all nations would be blessed through him, and that he would receive all the land that he could see. The land was also Promised to Isaac and Jacob. This land promise is very much for the church aslo. God promised the land to Abraham himself, so the Jews going into the Promised Land is not the fulfillment of the promise. Abraham has not yet received that land that God promised him.

2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
 3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
 4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
 5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child. (Acts 7:2-5 KJV)

Here Phillip tells us that even though God had promised the land to Abraham he had not received it in his lifetime. The only logical conclusion is that he will receive it in the resurrection. The land was also promised to Isaac,

And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
 2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
 3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
 4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
 5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
 (Gen. 26:1-5 KJV)

The land was also promised to Jacob,

12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
 13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
 14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.1 (Gen. 28:12-14 KJV)

So, we have the land being promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and their seed. The Jews were the physical seed of Abraham. So, they believed that they were the heirs of this promised land. However, look at what Isaac said to Jacob.

And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.
 2 Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother.
 3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people;1
 4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.1 (Gen. 28:1-4 KJV)

From this passage we can see that "the blessing of Abraham" is the inheritance of the land that was promised to Abraham. This phrase "the blessing of Abraham" only appears twice in Scripture. It appears here in Genesis and it appears in Galatians 3 where Paul applies it to the Gentiles.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. (Gal. 3:8-9 KJV)

Here Paul says that those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham.

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Gal. 3:14 KJV)

Here, Paul says that "the blessing of Abraham" might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ. He goes on to explain.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (Gal. 3:16 KJV)

Here he says that when God made the promise to Abraham and his seed, He didn't mean it in the plural, as seeds, but rather in the singular, one seed. That seed is Christ. The land wasn't promised to the Jewish people. It was promised to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Christ. He goes on to explain that those who are in Christ are also considered the seed of Abraham according to the promise.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. (Gal. 3:22 KJV)

Here we see the promise is for all who believe, through Christ.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Gal. 3:27-29 KJV)

Paul says if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed and an heir according to the promise. So, the Church, the believers, are heirs of the land that was promised to Abraham. As Paul says in Romans, believers are co-heirs with Christ. The inheritance is the land that was promised to Abraham.

If anyone wants a more detailed explanation with a lot more Scripture references I've written a paper that can be found on my website. The paper is called "The Kingdom of God-A Biblical Perspective"

Edited by Butch5
spelling corrections

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I like what you have here. Thank you.

As well as the land itself, I believe that this land represents something. That place (reality) where God is both the God of Heaven and Earth--the Kingdom of God. The promise was made based on faith in a promise. That promise is Christ and when God dwells in His people, we stand for Him in the earth. The time will come when that will extend as far as one can see. Metaphorically---everywhere.

A great seed, indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're welcome!

5 hours ago, Butch5 said:

Actually, if you read the next verse Paul said that the promises belong to the fathers. They were to the fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The promise to Abraham was fourfold. God promised to, make him the father of a great nation, the father of many nations, that all nations would be blessed through him, and that he would receive all the land that he could see. The land was also Promised to Isaac and Jacob. This land promise is very much for the church aslo. God promised the land to Abraham himself, so the Jews going into the Promised Land is not the fulfillment of the promise. Abraham has not yet received that land that God promised him.

2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,
 3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.
 4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.
 5 And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child. (Acts 7:2-5 KJV)

Here Phillip tells us that even though God had promised the land to Abraham he had not received it in his lifetime. The only logical conclusion is that he will receive it in the resurrection. The land was also promised to Isaac,

And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
 2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
 3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
 4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
 5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
 (Gen. 26:1-5 KJV)

The land was also promised to Jacob,

12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
 13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
 14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.1 (Gen. 28:12-14 KJV)

So, we have the land being promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and their seed. The Jews were the physical seed of Abraham. So, they believed that they were the heirs of this promised land. However, look at what Isaac said to Jacob.

And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.
 2 Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother.
 3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people;1
 4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.1 (Gen. 28:1-4 KJV)

From this passage we can see that "the blessing of Abraham" is the inheritance of the land that was promised to Abraham. This phrase "the blessing of Abraham" only appears twice in Scripture. It appears here in Genesis and it appears in Galatians 3 where Paul applies it to the Gentiles.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. (Gal. 3:8-9 KJV)

Here Paul says that those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham.

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Gal. 3:14 KJV)

Here, Paul says that "the blessing of Abraham" might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ. He goes on to explain.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (Gal. 3:16 KJV)

Here he says that when God made the promise to Abraham and his seed, He didn't mean it in the plural, as seeds, but rather in the singular, one seed. That seed is Christ. The land wasn't promised to the Jewish people. It was promised to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Christ. He goes on to explain that those who are in Christ are also considered the seed of Abraham according to the promise.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. (Gal. 3:22 KJV)

Here we see the promise is for all who believe, through Christ.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Gal. 3:27-29 KJV)

Paul says if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed and an heir according to the promise. So, the Church, the believers, are heirs of the land that was promised to Abraham. As Paul says in Romans, believers are co-heirs with Christ. The inheritance is the land that was promised to Abraham.

If anyone wants a more detailed explanation with a lot more Scripture references I've written a paper that can be found on my website. The paper is called "The Kingdom of God-A Biblical Perspective"

Genesis 28:4 can be understood in light of Genesis 28:3. It was Jacob that would be blessed and multiplied as was Abraham and inherit the land (Genesis 22:17)

Only Jacob here was given the land in Genesis 28:13

18 minutes ago, douge said:

Genesis 28:4 can be understood in light of Genesis 28:3. It was Jacob that would be blessed and multiplied as was Abraham and inherit the land (Genesis 22:17)

Only Jacob here was given the land in Genesis 28:13

It's the land that God had promised Abraham. The land was first promised to Abraham. The temporary inheritance in the land that the Jews had is not the promise that was given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Paul makes this argument in Galatians 3

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. (Gal. 3:17-18 KJV)

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, Butch5 said:

It's the land that God had promised Abraham. The land was first promised to Abraham. The temporary inheritance in the land that the Jews had is not the promise that was given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Paul makes this argument in Galatians 3

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. (Gal. 3:17-18 KJV)

I posted on Galatians 3 if you would be interested

2 hours ago, douge said:

I posted on Galatians 3 if you would be interested

I read what you posted. What else do you have? However, it's right there in Galatians that Christians inherit the land.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, Butch5 said:

I read what you posted. What else do you have? However, it's right there in Galatians that Christians inherit the land.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Being blessed along with Abraham by faith in Christ does not say we get the promises and the land that were given to Israel. We get the promise of the Spirit as v14 says (Galatians 3:2).

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

We get the spiritual blessings not Israel's physical blessings.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, douge said:

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Being blessed along with Abraham by faith in Christ does not say we get the promises and the land that were given to Israel. We get the promise of the Spirit as v14 says (Galatians 3:2).

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

We get the spiritual blessings not Israel's physical blessings.

"The blessing of Abraham" is the inheritance of the land. That's made plain in Genesis 28

Then Isaac called Jacob and blessed him, and charged him, and said to him: "You shall not take a wife from the daughters of Canaan.
 2 "Arise, go to Padan Aram, to the house of Bethuel your mother's father; and take yourself a wife from there of the daughters of Laban your mother's brother.
 3 "May God Almighty bless you, And make you fruitful and multiply you, That you may be an assembly of peoples;
 4 And give you the blessing of Abraham, To you and your descendants with you, That you may inherit the land In which you are a stranger, Which God gave to Abraham." (Gen. 28:1-4 NKJ)

Paul said that this blessing comes on the Gentiles through faith.  I don't know how it could be any clearer. The inheritance in the Scriptures is the land. 

Ephesians 1:3 is speaking of the Jews, not Christians. Paul makes a distinction between the Jews and the Gentiles to show how God has worked. I can break that down for you if you'd like.