Revlori

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly can't remember if I prayed about the job (it's been a minute), but it was a rough job. It stressed me out to a point where I had many sins to apologize for. It was also my first real job; I only did a few days work at a firework stand before then. I wish to avoid digging up the past and going on some massive rant, so I think it's better to summarize it as being my least favorite job so far. I was really stressed out and worked up cause the job left alot on my plate to the point where I'd be shaking with impatience and swearing under my breath. I was still on my first readthrough of the Bible, so the idea of self-control was new. Looking back, it was a job I really should've left sooner, as sticking around was foolish.

This next part will sound dumb, but I like to think of it like food. It's not just the meal, but the setting and circumstances that make the meal memorable and great. You could be out at sea for months with nothing to eat but rotted crumbs and slimy roaches. Then when you come ashore, someone hands you a PBNJ sandwich, and despite being common food, it is the best thing you have ever tasted. You could be eating a gourmet meal 5 months later, but nothing there tops that memory of that PBNJ. That's what I like to compare this to.

One day, a manager walked up and told me someone else would cover my shift. They wanted me to take a broom and dustpan and spend the day sweeping the parking lot, which was riddled with garbage and dirt. I could be outside in the cool air without people to bug me? Hot dog!

I spent that day sweeping up garbage, cigarettes, and gravel. Rather than being hot and getting burned, the air outside was cool and steady. Rather than having someone gnawing on my back and screeching at me, I was alone and everything was rather quiet. Rather than getting angry and losing hair, everything was wonderful. I even found a $5 bill just laying around. All in all, it was a much needed break, and a good example that not all jobs would be nearly so stressful.

Again, I don't think I prayed for it, but I'm still thankful for that day, and I attribute it to the Lord. I've had decent days on other jobs, but none of those jobs had me nearly as worked up. That day sweeping up trash was the PBNJ sandwich after spending so much time at sea. It wasn't much, but it was also alot.

Edited by Repose
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Adam999 said:

I have one that I would whole-heartedly I’m thankful for. Between 1995 to 1997, my heart was full of hates and my head was full of revenges. I wanted to kill the people who hurt my family, my people(Cambodian), and me. I learned how to fly an airplane and saved up money for bombs. I was planning to drop bombs at their strong hold. Then, I found our Lord Jesus Christ through the number ‘888’ and I forgave them all. He laterally saved my life and soul. Thank you Lord!

How amazing is the outstretched hand of our God my friend. For no one is out of his reach. I praise God with you.

Thank you for sharing ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sonshine said:

In 1975, at a seminar of the American Society Of Radiologic Technologists, the Lord winked at me by not only giving me the honor of winning 1st place for a scientific paper, but also by letting me bump into another student, the man who led me to the Lord and the man I would one day marry. :)

God's amazing love for each of us dear sister is so precious. We do serve a perfect God with perfect plans for our lives. I praise God with you.

Thank you for sharing ?

1 hour ago, Repose said:

I honestly can't remember if I prayed about the job (it's been a minute), but it was a rough job. It stressed me out to a point where I had many sins to apologize for. It was also my first real job; I only did a few days work at a firework stand before then. I wish to avoid digging up the past and going on some massive rant, so I think it's better to summarize it as being my least favorite job so far. I was really stressed out and worked up cause the job left alot on my plate to the point where I'd be shaking with impatience and swearing under my breath. I was still on my first readthrough of the Bible, so the idea of self-control was new. Looking back, it was a job I really should've left sooner, as sticking around was foolish.

This next part will sound dumb, but I like to think of it like food. It's not just the meal, but the setting and circumstances that make the meal memorable and great. You could be out at sea for months with nothing to eat but rotted crumbs and slimy roaches. Then when you come ashore, someone hands you a PBNJ sandwich, and despite being common food, it is the best thing you have ever tasted. You could be eating a gourmet meal 5 months later, but nothing there tops that memory of that PBNJ. That's what I like to compare this to.

One day, a manager walked up and told me someone else would cover my shift. They wanted me to take a broom and dustpan and spend the day sweeping the parking lot, which was riddled with garbage and dirt. I could be outside in the cool air without people to bug me? Hot dog!

I spent that day sweeping up garbage, cigarettes, and gravel. Rather than being hot and getting burned, the air outside was cool and steady. Rather than having someone gnawing on my back and screeching at me, I was alone and everything was rather quiet. Rather than getting angry and losing hair, everything was wonderful. I even found a $5 bill just laying around. All in all, it was a much needed break, and a good example that not all jobs would be nearly so stressful.

Again, I don't think I prayed for it, but I'm still thankful for that day, and I attribute it to the Lord. I've had decent days on other jobs, but none of those jobs had me nearly as worked up. That day sweeping up trash was the PBNJ sandwich after spending so much time at sea. It wasn't much, but it was also alot.

That is truly a reminder of how a mighty awesome God can come down to each of us in our greatest hour of need. I praise God with you.

thanks for sharing ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I am  I think always thankful. I should be, wow God is awesome to me. He turned me about to Him. Angels have come around my own to keep them from harm, just like calvary coming from the fort they have saved us from  harm and/ or death, more than once. God is awesome, I do give thanks in all things, even the nifty large up close parking space for the big truck to fit into  at the grocer's in the rain on the way home today. I do give thanks to God all day long.

7 hours ago, TheAimes said:

There's truly been so many it would be impossible to share them all - but one that always pops in my head, that doesn't require sharing too many details is below:

My mom passed my senior year of high school (no other family to speak of really) and for a bit of time I didn't have a job and was really struggling to just exist let alone support myself. I remember going to church on Sunday morning and was so happy to be able to attend with them and have their support - at that time their hugs really carried me through from week to week (so that could be a memory of His goodness right there). The money I'd had following my mom's passing was gone ( a few hundred bucks I'd saved from a previous job) and I remember wondering how I was going to eat that day/the next week - I was leaving church and was a bit weary no lie, I really felt forgotten, when one of the sweet sisters in my church walked up behind me and said "I didn't get my hug today, Aimes" so I turned to hug her and she slipped $50 in my hand and said God said you needed one more hug and He wanted you to know that He hasn't forgotten you. 

I don't cry in front of others, It's not something I'm able to do, but that day in the parking lot of my church the flood gates broke as God used her to really show me He cares, in a season that I felt the most alone and forgotten. She had no idea how bad off I was or that I literally had nothing to eat, she was just being obedient to God - I'll never forget her or that moment for as long as I live. He's done so many other things along the way, but that one will always be so special to me. 

oh how our God never turns his eyes away from us, Jesus speaks of the sparrows and How God takes care of them, then says:are we not more valuable then they? I praise God with you and praise God For those who had obeyed by blessings you as well.

Thanks for sharing ?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I am  I think always thankful. I should be, wow God is awesome to me. He turned me about to Him. Angels have come around my own to keep them from harm, just like calvary coming from the fort they have saved us from  harm and/ or death, more than once. God is awesome, I do give thanks in all things, even the nifty large up close parking space for the big truck to fit into  at the grocer's in the rain on the way home today. I do give thanks to God all day long.

Oh yes our God is sooooooo AWESOME. Nothing can compare to him. I praise God with you.

Thanks for sharing ?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

8 hours ago, TheAimes said:

There's truly been so many it would be impossible to share them all - but one that always pops in my head, that doesn't require sharing too many details is below:

My mom passed my senior year of high school (no other family to speak of really) and for a bit of time I didn't have a job and was really struggling to just exist let alone support myself. I remember going to church on Sunday morning and was so happy to be able to attend with them and have their support - at that time their hugs really carried me through from week to week (so that could be a memory of His goodness right there). The money I'd had following my mom's passing was gone ( a few hundred bucks I'd saved from a previous job) and I remember wondering how I was going to eat that day/the next week - I was leaving church and was a bit weary no lie, I really felt forgotten, when one of the sweet sisters in my church walked up behind me and said "I didn't get my hug today, Aimes" so I turned to hug her and she slipped $50 in my hand and said God said you needed one more hug and He wanted you to know that He hasn't forgotten you. 

I don't cry in front of others, It's not something I'm able to do, but that day in the parking lot of my church the flood gates broke as God used her to really show me He cares, in a season that I felt the most alone and forgotten. She had no idea how bad off I was or that I literally had nothing to eat, she was just being obedient to God - I'll never forget her or that moment for as long as I live. He's done so many other things along the way, but that one will always be so special to me. 

Praise the Lord!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

When I first applied for disability I was on the fence about whether or not I needed it. I ended up moving at some point along the way and my new residence turned out to be a middle of nowhere place where I was subjected to abuse, wasn't getting my mail, and was cut off from my friends. My physical and mental health deteriorated during all of that and when I was finally free of that environment I finally got a call saying my disability claim had been approved. That was so amazing to me because I had unknowingly missed a court hearing while I was with my abusive relative. That never sits well with the reviewers but I didn't even have to go to a hearing to make up. I was just approved and that was it. I fully believe that God was in charge there and brought me through it so we could develop a closer relationship. It's one of the top experiences in my life where I have no doubt God was good to me and proved His love.

On a mostly lighter note I'm also quite thankful for the various cats I've had in my life. I miss the ones who have passed on dearly. They've all been sources of joy and amusement and helped keep me sane in tough times. God knew what He was doing putting them in my life and I've found myself thanking God for them repeatedly.

• Loved it! 1