ohso

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am pretty much new believer in Jesus and I've tried to talk to God about this and look into the Bible, but I'm still left very confused and don't know what's the best way to act. 

Majority of new people I meet in my life seem like nice and moral, but when I get to know them better, I find out they do not follow Jesus and to be worse, are involved in some sort of witchcraft. It can be that they are in some new age practices, or they listen to Satanic music and so on. 

I feel horrible that our differences in faith are the only reason I feel like I might need to remove myself from such acquaintances. I try to evangelize to them politely and respectfully. That always gets me in trouble. Either an argument will start, or I will have demonic dreams and so on. 

When I first got saved I really wanted to be used by God and do something for His Kingdom. Now when it seems it's starting to finally happen, I feel like I don't want it anymore, because it makes me feel bad. I see no positive results neither in others, nor myself. 

So I prayed differently, for God to bring me Christians in my life, because I don't want to deal with darkness anymore, it's just too hard for me. But then I realized I got involved in religion and find myself in the middle of arguments between denominations, which I didn't like and decided to leave that too.

How do you balance these things? I don't want to isolate myself as a Christian from the world. On the other hand, it really brings me down when I deal with the people who are not saved. I really don't know what is the right thing to do? Thank you. God bless. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, ohso said:

How do you balance these things? I don't want to isolate myself as a Christian from the world. On the other hand, it really brings me down when I deal with the people who are not saved. I really don't know what is the right thing to do? Thank you. God bless. 

From what I read, I quite understand. Thing is, before you came along God still managed without you.

My suggestion is to be a patient scholar. Study and more study. Find out more about God and His eternal purposes. You might find a place to 'fit in' where you did not consider before. Rest assured, God has a plan for you so be patient and study. So few that are carried away by false stuff ever study for themselves, so they do no recognise bad things when they appear.

Relax. Study. Pray.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, ohso said:

I feel horrible that our differences in faith are the only reason I feel like I might need to remove myself from such acquaintances.

It's also difficult for me to make friends or acquaintances with people who aren't Christians. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

6 hours ago, ohso said:

I am pretty much new believer in Jesus and I've tried to talk to God about this and look into the Bible, but I'm still left very confused and don't know what's the best way to act. 

Majority of new people I meet in my life seem like nice and moral, but when I get to know them better, I find out they do not follow Jesus and to be worse, are involved in some sort of witchcraft. It can be that they are in some new age practices, or they listen to Satanic music and so on. 

I feel horrible that our differences in faith are the only reason I feel like I might need to remove myself from such acquaintances. I try to evangelize to them politely and respectfully. That always gets me in trouble. Either an argument will start, or I will have demonic dreams and so on. 

When I first got saved I really wanted to be used by God and do something for His Kingdom. Now when it seems it's starting to finally happen, I feel like I don't want it anymore, because it makes me feel bad. I see no positive results neither in others, nor myself. 

So I prayed differently, for God to bring me Christians in my life, because I don't want to deal with darkness anymore, it's just too hard for me. But then I realized I got involved in religion and find myself in the middle of arguments between denominations, which I didn't like and decided to leave that too.

If the light of Christ is in you, darkness cannot be also. It may appear so because the old Devil loves to make appearances. "But He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." We are in a war between good and evil and Jesus tells us point blank that, "If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also." So rejoice friend. Keep fighting the good fight. Be sure to fellowship with like-minded believers as well so that you will stay encouraged.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom Ohso,

It may be that you are called to reach such people, if you are finding a disproportionate amount of them in your life.  You may not be required to lead all of them to the Messiah, but simply stand with your testimony as a witness for them (or against them).

6 hours ago, ohso said:

I try to evangelize to them politely and respectfully. That always gets me in trouble.

I would advise to leave peacefully with them, but neither condoning or joining in with their negative behaviours and habits.  If you remain strong to your faith and uncompromising, you will shine as a light before them.  They may like that or hate it, but I'm quite sure they will respect it.  As soon as you try to become "cool" and "relevant" with your faith and compromise on it - your witness and light has become without worth.  So it's a tricky balance of being open and friendly to them, not appearing judgemental or "holier than thou", but at the same time being separated from the things of the world which plague them.

6 hours ago, ohso said:

Now when it seems it's starting to finally happen, I feel like I don't want it anymore, because it makes me feel bad. I see no positive results neither in others, nor myself. 

I understand your frustration, but one day this could all make much sense - in a way that will probably make you wish to come back to this time to carry on working!  

Try to remember this when you feel discouraged.  Any farmer sowing seed across acres of land will look behind and see nothing - not even a sprout.  But is his toil in vain?  The Word speaks a lot about the righteous baring fruit IN TIME or WITH PATIENCE.  It's a common theme. Therefore, if you are sowing truth with love, look forward and keep on sowing.  The harvest will come, even if you are not around to see it.

6 hours ago, ohso said:

I don't want to isolate myself as a Christian from the world. On the other hand, it really brings me down when I deal with the people who are not saved.

Alas, we are in the world for now and we must live in it.  In some ways, it's a trial, testing and training. 

But don't feel like you have to evangelise as per what you see on TV or on the street.  Some are chosen for that with a Spiritual Gift.  Rather, let your light shine in your words and deeds.  Those who can be drawn, will be drawn.  Those who can't, won't.  And in what you perhaps see as your weakness of your character is exactly where Yahweh will shine through you.

Love & Shalom

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

7 hours ago, ohso said:

We all have our different gifts and callings. Some are more directed within the church, building up the body of Christ, and some are directed more outwards toward the world. So do find your style and pray about finding what God has intended for you. With that out of the way, consider the story of Jonah. He was called to preach repentance to Nineveh and seemed to feel similarly to you in ways. The people of that area were bad apples so far as he was concerned and he didn't want to do it. If you look at Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane He had a period of reluctance regarding what He was going to do, but His prayer ended with"Not My will, but Yours". I strongly believe we should generally play to our strengths as often as possible, but sometimes God calls us out of our comfort zones and for good reason. Sometimes we need to learn that it's God's will we need to follow, not our own. Be in prayer about it and seek guidance from spiritually mature Christians you respect (here is a good place!).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

7 hours ago, ohso said:

The moment a person becomes a Christian the battle is on. I heard a song one time concerning the Christian life that goes like this, "It's a battlefield brother, not a recreation room, a fight and not a game. Run if you want to, run if you will, but I've come here to stay." I believe that every believer needs to do an in depth study on Ephesians 6:10-17. It will acquaint the believer with the armor and the weapons we need to effectively defeat the enemy at every turn in our lives. I would encourage you to study this and meditate on it until you become the effective spiritual warrior that God intends for all His people to become. Study it so well, that spiritual warfare becomes second nature to you. You'll never regret it, and in the process you will glorify and please the Lord, which is what He wants.

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/29/1944

10 hours ago, ohso said:

First, you need to spend time with other Christians. Living the Christian life is a team effort. The Bible calls the group a body, the church. Get connected. Keep looking. 
Next, I was born again on March 14, 1964. I can tell you everything about it. It takes about 5 minutes. When I am done the person listening knows how to be born again. I put in my facts about me, but then I put in the facts of the Gospel. The Gospel is the good news how someone can be born again. It includes only what is necessary. Three truths that must be trusted in and a decision to repent.
Truth one: trust in the fact Jesus said that all humans are condemned. John 3:18 They that put their trust in him are not condemned, but they that don't put their trust in him are already condemned, because they did not put their trust in the authority of the only Son of God. 
Truth two: Jesus loves you so much he died in your place. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrated his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Truth three: Jesus has the power to save because he rose from the dead. 2 Corinthians 5:15 He died for all so that those who live would not continue to live for themselves. He died for them and was raised from death so that they would live for him. 
The decision to repent. Repent means to change your mind, values, and convictions, then committing yourself to change with action. Changes that will produce a totally new direction in your life. It is turning from something to something else. A willful choice to stop doing what you have been doing, that is opposed to God's standards, and a sincere desire to do the obsite right things God wants. Romans 10:9 Because if you acknowledge with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and trust in your soul that God raised him from the dead, you are saved. 
When you talk to not Christians keep it to the basic facts. Their sin has put them on death row, Jesus loves them, Jesus has the power over death, repent. Being born again is a thing between a person and God. The day I was born again was the first day I talked to God. Before that I prayed and said prayers. It was also the day God talked to me. When I read the Bible it was hearing from God. 
God shared with me one day when I was reading his word a verse about not Christians. 1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered the plant, but it was God who made the plant grow. You are a success in planting and watering the truth you share with others. Only God can make it grow. Keep sharing.
Lastly: Satan or his demons can not put thoughts in a Christian's mind. Those come from your carnal nature. You can renew your mind by God's word. Romans 12:1-2 I exhort you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may discern, what is good, and acceptable, and the perfect will of God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

GOD OUR FATHER IN JESUS..IN THE HOLY SPIRITS...GIVE ALL  AND I MEAN ALL CHANCES.. AMEN AND SHOLOM

Edited by DAVID5