• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Thank you for sharing such an inspiring video about what real Christianity is all about, Coliseum. :emot-heartbeat: 

Thank you for watching. There is more to many of the homeless than we know, especially today. Many are even well-educated, who for reasons out of their control, lost everything. At McDonalds one day, a man---a homeless man---carrying only a bible in his hand, came in out of the cold. I saw him and asked him to share a moment at my table. He was an engineer, who lost his job, then six months later, his home, and soon after, his wife. But there he was, at McDonalds, privileged to be sharing God's Word. Another at a feeding on Greek Orthodox Church grounds we rented each week, one unshaven, long-haired man---ironically a barber---would lend his talents to other homeless men. The Priest of the church, in a small exchange, told him that he could call him "father" when addressing him. The young barber looked into his eyes and said, "No sir. I am sorry. I cannot call you "father." There is only One I give that name to." The Priest put his head down and walked away. The Holy Spirit kept him from speaking a word back to the faithful barber. I have seen many beautiful homeless men and women who have taught me how beautiful it is to have nothing but the Word of God in their possession. Jesus said He had nowhere to lay his head.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 11/11/2019 at 11:06 AM, Coliseum said:

Thank you for watching. There is more to many of the homeless than we know, especially today. Many are even well-educated, who for reasons out of their control, lost everything.

Oh trust me brother, I do know. Life is strange because at one time I was like the woman, only not as rich. Now I'm the man.

I just spent 2 days listening to the book of Job. It's sad that most people still have not learned the lessons in Job. People still assume I did some terrible thing to wind up like this. I did some wrong things but nothing terrible. It is a shame that the book of Job doesn't answer the questions it raised. This is why I've been asking God, for many yrs, the really BIG question. Why, what's it all about.