• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Alive said:

And yet as I stated before---well intentioned individuals have studied their hearts out and have wildly conflicting views.

This doesn't square up with the point regarding different members have some pieces and are energetic when defending them.

Well yes! The brightest men of God have different opinions and different scriptural, hermeneutic and prophetic viewpoints. That doesn't make them any less saved or a Christian trying to lead anyone astray. Our Bible was written with many unanswered questions we have, no doubt intended by God for a reason and purpose. The following verse comes to mind:

Acts 17:11 (KJV) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

So many reasons for different view points! A persons knowledge, education and thought process, the western mind does not think like the Hebrew or Jewish scholar mind; the differences in translation from Hebrew / Greek to the English language [Hebrew and Greek words are far superior and meaningful than an English word]. There are cultural, historic, educational, prejudices and traditional differences in understanding. So much is involved in how we individually bring something in to our reality.

Our Bible is historically littered with people whom lacked knowledge and understanding, are we an exception today?

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well yes! The brightest men of God have different opinions and different scriptural, hermeneutic and prophetic viewpoints. That doesn't make them any less saved or a Christian trying to lead anyone astray. Our Bible was written with many unanswered questions we have, no doubt intended by God for a reason and purpose. The following verse comes to mind:

Acts 17:11 (KJV) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

So many reasons for different view points! A persons knowledge, education and thought process, the western mind does not think like the Hebrew or Jewish scholar mind; the differences in translation from Hebrew / Greek to the English language [Hebrew and Greek words are far superior and meaningful than an English word]. There are cultural, historic, educational, prejudices and traditional differences in understanding. So much is involved in how we individually bring something in to our reality.

Our Bible is historically littered with people whom lacked knowledge and understanding, are we an exception today?

I hope you don't think I was implying this. I certainly said nothing of the sort.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Alive said:

OK--this is where I was going.

The Lord and His Spirit are quite capable of making things clear to His sons.

Right?

That's true.  And it stands to reason that those who are open to the Spirit of truth will also bear His fruit, which will be manifested in the discussions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

That's true.  And it stands to reason that those who are open to the Spirit of truth will also bear His fruit, which will be manifested in the discussions. 

Yup--that stand to reason.

:-)

Is there someone somewhere in the Body that has an understanding of what the prophecies mean. And a correct understanding of the timeline of events which are in so much contention?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, Alive said:

Is there someone somewhere in the Body that has an understanding of what the prophecies mean. And a correct understanding of the timeline of events which are in so much contention?

I doubt there is one person.

But there are so many, even on this forum, that are wildly different?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Yup--that stand to reason.

There may or may not be such a person, but there may be some who know and understand some of the prophecies.  Have you ever read a verse many times, then one day you read it and you understand it?  God doesn't give all knowledge at one time, so we will keep studying if we are really interested in knowing His truths.  If we keep studying, God will keep giving us understanding, but not all at one time.  Another thing we need to to have God reveal truth to us is to pray for understanding.  Then study, then pray some more.

Love, Peace and joy

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Alive said:

I hope you don't think I was implying this. I certainly said nothing of the sort.

No I wasn't directing or implying anything or the sort. I wanted to distinguish what many are preaching and teaching now that is un-biblical; the plethora of everything from prosperity Gospel to all religions worship the same god. The Joyce Meyers, Joel Osteen's and cult religions of today's world. I was referring to those that are grounded in the Word and the truth of Salvation. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough on my thoughts? But no, it didn't even cross my mind and didn't say you said anything?

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool beans!

Etrac the wife has the wife has the AT Pro.

Edited by Alive

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

Cool beans!

Etrac the wife has the wife has the AT Pro.

Now you want to start a metal detecting war with me  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Yeah the Garrett AT Pro I hear is a nice machine, many like the Hoover Boys love them. I personally have and use the Minelab Etrac and Minelab Equinox. Found a lot of nice old coins and relics over the years.