Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Since being a mom ... My time is so filled and I have my baby in my hands nearly 24/7... 

Now when I pray I kind of just close my eyes and hold my baby and pray to myself...

I always thought. Like i know God hears our prayers but I know when praying one should be kneeling with their hands clasped. Since I can't always do this.. 

Is it okay praying the way I mentioned above?  God will still hear it right?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

you can talk to him anywhere in any position and all circumstances....  you really don't have to close your eyes...…   I do a lot of praying driving down the road....   eyes wide open.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

God knows what we are going to say or think before we say it, so yes He knows and hears your silent prayers and there is no form required or the prayer of the thief on the cross would not have been heard. Rest assured Your prayer is heard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Since being a mom ... My time is so filled and I have my baby in my hands nearly 24/7... 

Now when I pray I kind of just close my eyes and hold my baby and pray to myself...

I always thought. Like i know God hears our prayers but I know when praying one should be kneeling with their hands clasped. Since I can't always do this.. 

Our Father in Heaven knows even what you are thinking dear sister. I remember when one of the women of our church, a teacher, went to Russia. She was to only teach the Bible as a history book, not as the Word of God. A guard stood at the door of her classroom. She could not even close her eyes. If she did, they would infer she was praying, and would be sent back to the USA immediately. So, she prayed with her eyes open. Guess what happened? The students she taught, all professors without Christ, began understanding what the Bible was teaching, and the Holy Spirit was leading them to Christ. Even the Communist guard became a Christian. Rules are not what Jesus commands---but your heart. Pray on your head if you desire; Jesus smiles. God bless you, and your baby.

Edited by Coliseum
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

If the Lord hearing my prayers depends on my kneeling ... then He will neer hear my prayers. I kneel, then I cant get up. 

The bible tells us how to pray in philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Sitting in a chair holding your baby, kneeling with clasped hands, in the car with eyes wide open .... Position does not matter. Condition of the heart in prayer matters.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

All God wants is to communicate with you, no matter how it is done.  Don't let mans rules stop you from drawing nearer to Him through prayer. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

48 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Oh Sister, there is not an assigned prayer position - I have my morning prayer corner time where I sit and pray from my list of needs collected, I pray driving down the road when I'm on a trip or stuck in my car for a bit of time, I pray working at my desk when needs arise, I pray laying in my bed every night until He eventually gives me sleep. You, praying while holding that lil one, is so perfectly fine - and think of the impact it'll have on them one day. You're showing from day 1 how important it is to talk to their Heavenly Father.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes, it most certainly is. Anytime, anywhere, and anyway you are able. God places no specifics on your personal physical placement when you pray. It's your heart He sees, and your heart He hears. Also Praying in silence is as effective as it is audibly. The Apostle Paul has this to say.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 16Rejoice evermore. 17Pray without ceasing. 18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  KJV

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I regularly pray laying down, and rising up, and before meals.
The other 99% of prayers are anywhere and any time, in any position.
I have been developing the habit of trying to keep a God awareness.
I acknowledge Him as often as I can remember to do so.
I remember  "He will never leave me    He will never forsake me.  Never.
God is Light.....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems a good question.  Much o fm own conversation with God is in th eform of thanks and praise. Yes I give thanks in all things often trivial things like that great parking space I just got or the lane opening that just occurred. Can't always be audible, certainly can't be driving while on my knees hands clasped and eyes closed- least not for too long anyway. 

But, - there is also proper respect for God for me to consider and to extend to God, so a time alone perhaps on knees or some stance that allows for my best concentration and a very specific set of prayers  maybe the written list of things to pray  and talk to God about in question form,  is beneficial for my own prayer time.

Having a "prayer closet" implies some organization of prayer place, procedure, and likely time.  The half brother of Jesus, James, is said to have had knees as hard as a camel from kneeling in prayer - but that "tradition"is  evidently from a very early on  2nd century writing. 

Personally I think there is much room for prayer  to be expressed in many forms and that it likely pleases God  in all forms and formats.

I keep mentioning the movie "War Room" because it has made a deep impression upon me regarding how to pray,    especially regarding my own need to be organized in my prayers which includes a time a place and a record  of my prayers, that all in addition to giving thanks  for that great parking space I got while I am parking.

May God bless you.