• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Since being a mom ... My time is so filled and I have my baby in my hands nearly 24/7... 

Now when I pray I kind of just close my eyes and hold my baby and pray to myself...

I always thought. Like i know God hears our prayers but I know when praying one should be kneeling with their hands clasped. Since I can't always do this.. 

Is it okay praying the way I mentioned above?  God will still hear it right?

He likes to hear from you no matter how you pray. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Try not to see prayer as a ritual. Prayer is simply conversing with God. There is no preferred format. Just honest conversation. God hears our heart in prayer, not our form.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I know when praying one should be kneeling with their hands clasped.

Really? I never pray like that!

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Since being a mom ... My time is so filled and I have my baby in my hands nearly 24/7... 

Now when I pray I kind of just close my eyes and hold my baby and pray to myself...

I always thought. Like i know God hears our prayers but I know when praying one should be kneeling with their hands clasped. Since I can't always do this.. 

Is it okay praying the way I mentioned above?  God will still hear it right?

Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). We should always be communicating with the Lord. I don't know who told you that you had to be on your knees when you pray, but they were mistaken.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I know when praying one should be kneeling with their hands clasped.

10 hours ago, ayin jade said:

If the Lord hearing my prayers depends on my kneeling ... then He will neer hear my prayers. I kneel, then I cant get up. 

I'll have to second that also from Jade, if I'm understanding her correctly. Humbly kneeling in prayer is all fine and good if you're able to do so. This is no longer possible for me either. Last time I got down on my haunches, which is a full stoop, getting back up almost didn't happen. That's why adding 1st Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. in my previous post. As believers, we can pray while doing anything else that needs attending. It's called multi-tasking first century style, and the Apostle Paul excelled in this.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

In the Bible record, God’s servants adopted different positions when praying. Some kneeled; others stood. Nehemiah prayed while he was standing before the king of Persia. Jonah cried out from the belly of a huge fish, and it would be difficult to say what position he was in at that time, as he was no doubt tumbling around in the entrails of the fish! (Daniel 6:10; 1 Kings 8:22; Nehemiah 2:1-5; Jonah 2:1, 2) So while we may wish to adopt a position that will help us to concentrate, as mentioned earlier, the important thing is to have a sincere desire to approach God in prayer. We can do this at any time, in any place and under any circumstances.—Ephesians 6:18.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Jonah cried out from the belly of a huge fish, and it would be difficult to say what position he was in at that time, as he was no doubt tumbling around in the entrails of the fish! 

Well, not quite that far into the intestinal tract. Normally this would have been the situation, but the Lord preserved Jonah inside the belly of the great fish until he was regurgitated upon dry land. No doubt he wasn't exactly having a good hair day at that point! 

351850767_hahasmiley.gif.28cb88166a076817899c454e184ba720.gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

ALWAYS,,AND FOREVER,,,THRU THE HOLY SPIRIT..OF JESUS..I WAS TOLD I DO NOT PRAY ENOUGH.....AND JESUS WITH AUTHORITY...SAID TO ME,,, DOES NOT ANY ONE,,, PRAY ANY MORE...WHICH MEANS HE WANTS US TO PRAY OFTEN...PEOPLE AND PRAYER ..WHY????...WHY WHEN YOU PRAY TO THE TRINITY ..OR JESUS ALONE....YOU SHUT ALL THE DOORS TO SATAN,,AND THE WICKED,,,,,YOUR PRAYERS ARE MEANT FOR,, JESUS, ONLY.....OUT OF ALL MY LIFE OF PRAYING......SATAN HAS ,NOT ACTED ON ONE....IS THIS A MYSTERY TO SOME./..?...YOUR PRAYERS TO JESUS. LOCK THE DOORS...YES I HAVE HAD SATAN ATTACK ME IN SOME PRAYERS....LONG AGO..OBVIOUSLY NOT THE RIGHT ONES..ASKING FOR SOMETHING OUT SIDE OF GODS WILL...AND YOU WILL KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THIS ..AFTER MANY YEARS OF PRAYING....AMEN AND SHOLOM