• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I had wandered accidentally into a culturally sensitive issue.

Not a problem. California still being an extremely popular state, and virtually the melting pot of multi-ethnic culture. One learns to appreciate people for who they are, and also where they have come from. We embrace all here. 

• Group:  Royal Member

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Nah, not necessary. 

965263385_hmmsmiley.gif.283a695b5c5e3d51c0ac20c411891f07.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

We embrace all here

Hi, 

California is not the California of my own younger days. It was fun  for awhile  I grant you, but I do remember that the races did not embrace each other, except perhaps to maim or kill each other. We sure did not mix at high school.

In my own mid years I dealt with much of Los Angeles City and County plus much of Orange County's overall population,  using business contracts in three languages, which was indeed a real blast  for me personally.

I mixed with about every religion known to the Pacific rim and all of it's various peoples. One family  member's business had a staff  of all Vietnam refugees. We have a few different races from the Pacific Rim in the bloodline going forward too.

But California and welcoming, in the same sentence kinda stops me in my tracks. Glad you love it as my parents did and some of my offspring still do. At the same time I have other family members going ex-patriot even now. They can't get out of California fast enough to suit them.

I would sooner die than have to return there; well I might suffer it  and survive yet again, but to have to do so three times? May my Lord please have mercy on me, don't make it so. Grant me some time off any future sentence there please, for even murderers don't spend as much time in prison as I have spent living  at California.

-Just having some fun- Enjoy California, make avocado toast or something, and eat some sprouts, drink some green drink with wheat grass. It's good for you.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Counterfeit drugs is a topic no one wants to talk about. Even the pharmacists I have spoken to about the serious issues concerning counterfeit drugs are on the defense and are tight lipped about addressing it. It is a huge issue in our world today. 

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Counterfeit drugs is a topic no one wants to talk about. Even the pharmacists I have spoken to about the serious issues concerning counterfeit drugs are on the defense and are tight lipped about addressing it. It is a huge issue in our world today. 

Steering back to the topic, do you personally feel placebos (fake drugs or sugar pills) have overtaken the pharmacies in the USA and worldwide as a whole?

Edited by BeauJangles

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Steering back to the topic, do you personally feel placebos (fake drugs or sugar pills) have overtaken the pharmacies in the USA and worldwide as a whole?

Yes, I definitely think it is a serious problem. I have already had two instances I have dealt with this issue. It is frustrating. Everyone wants to sweep it under the rug. 

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

And yet I read just this week that the fda warned about dollar tree selling drugs that are not up to standard.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/11/15/FDA-warns-Dollar-Tree-for-importing-unsafe-drugs-from-China/4521573845188/

You may not think a warning is a big deal, however it is one step from suspending the ability of that company from being allowed to sell over the counter medications. 

There is certainly a lot going on that the media doesnt report about the crackdown on counterfeit drugs. Fortunately it does not happen often in the prescription drug chain in the us, unless the consumer is buying drugs online or from out of country places.

I have repeatedly warned folks for years, decades, not to buy medications in mexico because of problems with their medications.  Ive  warned folks against buying meds online too.  Ive learned that people tend to ignore warnings and just continue purchasing medications those ways. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, I definitely think it is a serious problem. I have already had two instances I have dealt with this issue. It is frustrating. Everyone wants to sweep it under the rug. 

I see. Well, Neighbor mentioned that the internet is rampant with bogus (phoney) pharmaceuticals. People in desperation will order these cheaply made placebos, and think they're getting the real deal. This is especially true of drugs for the purpose of getting high. It's easy, but most of the time they're getting duped. 

Narcotics, tranquilizers, and the like. Others for men's ED as well. But life saving ones are important for the elderly, or for those who can't afford pharmacy retail when they have no adequate insurance. They're being victimized also, and it's tragic. I would think pharmacies are safer. I've never experienced placebos there. 

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

19 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Placebos are only sold by prescription, when the doc feels a patient would benefit from the psychological effect of a drug when none is needed. It also have a specific name (placebo spelled backwards). So Im confused on what you mean with your comment. Can you be more specific?

If you mean the so called nutriceuticals ( such as glucosamine, ginger, echinacea, ginko biloba, etc), blame congress. They passed an act of congress permitting them to be sold without any fda oversight, meaning no requirement to prove their effectiveness. The fda can legally only get involved in those things if there is overwhelming evidence of harm. Since folks demand these things despite all evidence, pharmacies have no choice but to sell them if they want to survive financially. 

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

And yet I read just this week that the fda warned about dollar tree selling drugs that are not up to standard.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/11/15/FDA-warns-Dollar-Tree-for-importing-unsafe-drugs-from-China/4521573845188/

You may not think a warning is a big deal, however it is one step from suspending the ability of that company from being allowed to sell over the counter medications. 

There is certainly a lot going on that the media doesnt report about the crackdown on counterfeit drugs. Fortunately it does not happen often in the prescription drug chain in the us, unless the consumer is buying drugs online or from out of country places.

I have repeatedly warned folks for years, decades, not to buy medications in mexico because of problems with their medications.  Ive  warned folks against buying meds online too.  Ive learned that people tend to ignore warnings and just continue purchasing medications those ways. 

These were not medications obtained online but at the local pharmacy. The person taking them went through withdrawals while taking them. The pharmacy does not want to address this serious issue and the FDA is taking a passive role. I have talked with the FDA and they have said it is a serious problem even in the reputable local pharmacies. So no it is not only getting prescriptions online which I would never recommend to anyone.