IGNORED

Acts 3 and what of the next day for a former beggar?

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

A beggar of some forty years time brought by friends to outside the temple gate, now told no money to you for we do not have it but rise up, celebrated that he could indeed rise up.

But what of the next day and his needs? He has new responsibilty doesn't he? He can't just sit again and beg can he? He has been greatly blessed, and not of money; but now he has responsibility  as well as ability he did not have before he begged and received in the name of Jesus better than he asked for.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

He belonged to a family, he had friends who carried him to his begging position.

With his amazing story of how he gained the use of his legs there would have been an oppertunity there for him to earn a living.

Opportunity perhaps, also responsibility having been given the blessing. He sure wasn't going to get friends to continue to carry him around to the outside of the temple, and those that gave to him before  were unlikely to continue to do so. 

I find it rather fascinating; he was unclean, left at the outside gate to the temple, now he would be clean and inside, beside all those that just passed him by without likely even knowing he had a name, never mind calling him by it.  

All those many decades he was on the outside of the place of worship, now he was inside and also responsible for himself and perhaps for others less fortunate than himself. With the free gift would come come gain, joy, and new higher  responsibility.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Opportunity perhaps, also responsibility having been given the blessing. He sure wasn't going to get friends to continue to carry him around to the outside of the temple, and those that gave to him before  were unlikely to continue to do so. 

I find it rather fascinating; he was unclean, left at the outside gate to the temple, now he would be clean and inside, beside all those that just passed him by without likely even knowing he had a name, never mind calling him by it.  

All those many decades he was on the outside of the place of worship, now he was inside and also responsible for himself and perhaps for others less fortunate than himself. With the free gift would come come gain, joy, and new higher  responsibility.

If he acted like most of the people here in Southern Ohio, he would use those new legs to walk to the Employment Office , sign up for everything he can get his hands on and discover he can make more money  by not working.....

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

sign up for everything he can get his hands on and discover he can make more money  by not working.....

Yes, isn't that the sad to see case!  So many give themselves over to the enemy, selling their richer inheritance from God for the assurance outpourings from government troughs, choosing  to stay on the government plantation remaining a beggard for life.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Work can be pretty nice, though. It gives a guy something to do, something to occupy his mind with. I could see the beggar being glad. When you don't have work, there's less reason to get out of bed. Far more annoying, if you ask me, is too much time with one's own mind. The mind holds a darkness blacker than any night. It's just not healthy. I know a number of deaf or blind people gladly leap at the chances at jobs willing to hire them, and I certainly don't blame them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure the body of beleivers, fresh and on fire for Jesus, took him in, fed and clothed him, some brother probably took him under his arm and taught him some skill, ...after all, that's what happened to me after Father took me out of organized religion and placed me in one of His Churches, an assemembly of His redeemed Blood Bought children, ...and that was about 2,000 years after this incident.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If he acted like most of the people here in Southern Ohio, he would use those new legs to walk to the Employment Office , sign up for everything he can get his hands on and discover he can make more money  by not working.....

Not everyone can work for a living. Some people are so sick they can not work. Those are the ones who are legitimately disabled. I thank God for the disability assistance for these people. Some people are scamming the system but some are not and truly need to help. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Not everyone can work for a living. Some people are so sick they can not work. Those are the ones who are legitimately disabled. I thank God for the disability assistance for these people. Some people are scamming the system but some are not and truly need to help. 

I agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah this is the fun part of reading in the word,  putting flesh on the words, trying to see the circumstances, seeing how it may apply or even not apply to things done now as well as being a reveal of our Lord Jesus.

Our Lord attended the temple did He not? Had He also seen this man as He attended temple?  And John and Peter they attended temple three times a day, to pray, how many times had they passed this man? Did they give anything before, or  say a word, until Peter turned and said money we have none, but get up and walk.

The man not only got up and walked he jumped and danced, and now was clean and evidently able to go inside the temple to be with all the other clean people.

There is lots to ponder on here, least for me there is; from God's timing of events, His good purposes, the awe that faith enables, and just how much faith did the beggar have? Any? or was it solely the faith of Peter that enabled the beggar, through Christ Jesus,  in order to Glorify Jesus in the house of His Father. And the many conversations that must have started up within the temple by attendees. I imagine seeing real people in absolute awe, and then the naysayers too. Those so quick to hold on to what they already knew and to reject anything new to them, never gaining a thing, and perhaps losing all right then and there.

Acts 3 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lame Beggar Healed

Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. And a man lame from birth was being carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple that is called the Beautiful Gate to ask alms of those entering the temple.  Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked to receive alms.  And Peter directed his gaze at him, as did John, and said, “Look at us.”  And he fixed his attention on them, expecting to receive something from them.  But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”  And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. And leaping up, he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.  And all the people saw him walking and praising God,  and recognized him as the one who sat at the Beautiful Gate of the temple, asking for alms. And they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

• Well Said! 1