Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

God's love in and through us has to be the foundation of all that we do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

22 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

If we are speaking the same language - I don't see it. Sometimes my brain doesn't get it right, like most of us - LOL:consoling2:Dave

OK--I am back to a regular keyboard and will help you get yer mind right.

LOL

pasted------

The Holy Spirit has two main functions. To convict of sin and to point to Christ.

We can only do one of those and in the spirit of the Lord, to do so gently. (point to Christ)

Discipling, teaching admonishing---all of these should be pointing folks to Him as the answer. We can explain, as the Lord allows, how to know His love, but it can only be the work of the Lord Himself that shines a light to make it real and experiential.

The Lord does not say, "you have no love" to individuals, as much as He shows us Himself.

Because we are to be co-workers with Christ, this is what we are to do.

I chose my words carefully precisely because of the word to the churches in John's Revelation.

---------------------

Ok--another bit of stuff from my own experience and perhaps some understanding.

I have never known the Lord to do other than gently point the way to Truth. To Himself and reveal the Way. I have seen trials that resulted from my own waywardness where He allowed my foolishness to lead me back to an Abiding. We reap what we sow in this life and He is expert at using those things for our benefit.

As far as His Love being manifested through us----He knows full well that we have none of it apart from Him. That we are indeed incapable, in the natural, of manifesting His Love and the gifts of the Spirit of Life.

Why then would He lambast us for what we simply can't do?

What I have known Him to do is rather to point us to this truth and 'touch' those natural strengths of our natural man rendering them more weak, so that His Life can come through.

The life of a believer is to (by His working in us and on us), become less, so that He becomes more.

So to speak.

I love you, brother....Alive together.

Edited by Alive

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Alive together :thumbs_up: in all Christ's love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

This may sound silly at first, but not all that long ago, I questioned what "love" actually was, do I have biblical love, and what is it; am I born with it, do I develop it, does God give it to me? How can I change a hatred, hostility or dislike for me from someone, and turn it around in my souls into a warm fuzzy feeling of love? 

Most people have a natural affection and love for their spouse and children. I remember having this warm and fuzzy feeling a number times in my young life; it was termed 'puppy love'. I questioned myself, if I truly had or was capable of biblical love described in the Bible, I was worried. I did a lot of research of the word 'love' and its actual meaning. I was somewhat surprised and relieved to find out what actual 'love' is and does. 

I won't bore anyone with all the details I learned, but it wasn't really what I thought it was if I'm interpreting it correctly. There are different kinds of love; it doesn't necessarily have to be that warm fuzzy feeling we've experienced that we can't describe. It comes from our inner being, our true selves and from the heart in action and service toward another to be very brief. So my thinking is one can dislike someone; but still love them as we're commanded to do.

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

This may sound silly at first, but not all that long ago, I questioned what "love" actually was, do I have biblical love, and what is it; am I born with it, do I develop it, does God give it to me? How can I change a hatred, hostility or dislike for me from someone, and turn it around in my souls into a warm fuzzy feeling of love? 

Most people have a natural affection and love for their spouse and children. I remember having this warm and fuzzy feeling a number times in my young life; it was termed 'puppy love'. I questioned myself, if I truly had or was capable of biblical love described in the Bible, I was worried. I did a lot of research of the word 'love' and its actual meaning. I was somewhat surprised and relieved to find out what actual 'love' is and does. 

I won't bore anyone with all the details I learned, but it wasn't really what I thought it was if I'm interpreting it correctly. There are different kinds of love; it doesn't necessarily have to be that warm fuzzy feeling we've experienced that we can't describe. It comes from our inner being, our true selves and from the heart in action and service toward another to be very brief. So my thinking is one can dislike someone; but still love them as we're commanded to do.

My friend and brother Dennis.

For me the love God wants us to share with the world is the most beautiful miraculous and precious GIFT GOD has ever created and given to mankind to experience and share.

Years ago I didn't understand this love that is only Gods - a SUPER-NATURAL LOVE.

I saw people I knew were going to hell and it tore my insides out - there was nothing I could do.

I got down on my knees with tears streaming down my face like they are now, and pleaded with God to share that same love with me , that somehow I may be a reflection of HIM to others, not in a perfect way because I know I'm not perfect, but I had the desire to learn, to try and fail until I got it right, not in just word, but in His SUPER-NATURAL LOVE that is His alone to give  us, to go about quietly loving on people by being kind, being patient, being accepting, being happy and joyful and bringing that to others just by loving life and GOD, by being at peace and having a life of contentment, or by how we handle the trials God allowed to come into our lives because in God's wisdom, that can be a reflection of Him, but only God can see our heart and know that we're serious and feel like we're dying inside because there is only one answer and it's GOD"S alone, and it's His WILL as to who He shares it with.

We can't create God's kind of love or even pretend to have it - there's no point. God knows our heart and our desire to honor Himt!!!!!!!! 

But if we earnestly ask from a heart that longs to present a Christ to the world from an imperfect heart, by trying as hard as one can, The Holy Spirit will be with us as we make honest mistakes until we see fruit that is God's alone.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

My friend and brother Dennis.

For me the love God wants us to share with the world is the most beautiful miraculous and precious GIFT GOD has ever created and given to mankind to experience and share.

Years ago I didn't understand this love that is only Gods - a SUPER-NATURAL LOVE.

I saw people I knew were going to hell and it tore my insides out - there was nothing I could do.

I got down on my knees with tears streaming down my face like they are now, and pleaded with God to share that same love with me , that somehow I may be a reflection of HIM to others, not in a perfect way because I know I'm not perfect, but I had the desire to learn, to try and fail until I got it right, not in just word, but in His SUPER-NATURAL LOVE that is His alone to give  us, to go about quietly loving on people by being kind, being patient, being accepting, being happy and joyful and bringing that to others just by loving life and GOD, by being at peace and having a life of contentment, or by how we handle the trials God allowed to come into our lives because in God's wisdom, that can be a reflection of Him, but only God can see our heart and know that we're serious and feel like we're dying inside because there is only one answer and it's GOD"S alone, and it's His WILL as to who He shares it with.

We can't create God's kind of love or even pretend to have it - there's no point. God knows our heart and our desire to honor Himt!!!!!!!! 

But if we earnestly ask from a heart that longs to present a Christ to the world from an imperfect heart, by trying as hard as one can, The Holy Spirit will be with us as we make honest mistakes until we see fruit that is God's alone.

Rightly and very well said, thank you!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I think it’s as simple as just treating everybody with respect and kindness......I can dislike somebody and still treat them respectfully until I can get away from them.....

• Loved it! 1

22 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think it’s as simple as just treating everybody with respect and kindness......I can dislike somebody and still treat them respectfully until I can get away from them.....

I like what you said here, but I think it goes a little deeper, maybe a lot deeper than this, and has a GODLY SUPER - NATURAL side to it that man doesn't understand, much like the LOVE teaching of JESUS that astounded people and how he performed that love in peoples lives they were over-whelmed by it like the adultress caught in the act and Jesus forgave her and didn't condemn her one bit - she was shocked, and so were the people when Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead. These were acts of love that no one else could perform or understand because they were SUPER - NATURAL and that's what God expects from us is a SUPER - NATURAL LOVE that stands out and is never experienced from a natural man.

A kind of love that we have to pray for and seek God out for, so we can be that salt we're supposed to be for others to give a SUPER - NATURAL flavor to life that is so good that others want it, but God is the only source.

Or think of being that LIGHT Jesus says we're supposed to be that comes into a persons life and has so much natural love from GOD for them in the way we treat them by accepting them, and being patient and supportive in a way no one can make happen unless the Holy Spirit is working through them.

In fact for me what I have learned for myself is that all that God asks of us to do is impossible for us because God is asking us to be just like Christ was - PERFECT, and isn't that God's goal for us to be as perfect as we can be.  James 1:2 says, "Consider it all joy when you encounter various trial, knowing that the testing of you faith produces endurance, and let that endurance have it's PERFECT result, that you may be PERFECT and complete, lacking in nothing.

For us to achieve our COMPLETE "SALVATION" God makes it IMPOSSIBLE for us to do any of it on our own. All that He asks from us we must seek out on our knees in prayer for the impossible, each time God reveals something new that's required of us for our growth in our faith. Nothing God requires of us is possible on our own so that we get no credit at all, but God gets the GLORY - AWESOME

Lastly....SALVATION IS A PROCESS NOT AN EVENT, ACTUALLY IT'S BOTH BUT COMPLICATED, SO WE'LL GET BACK TO THAT LATER...Sorry  to those who disagree, but truth is truth unless your blind to it...I know, I know, you hate that too, maybe you even hate my theology or even hate me, so lay it on me and attack me with all you have, it'll just ROLL OFF, you're better off ignoring me.

I'm not going away folks so ignoring me would probably work best.

Ya know people, when you know the truth, the truth will set you free, and here I am ...........free indeed.......Lovin' on you the best I know how, because your all worth it.

I like my new home.....WELCOME HOME DAVE.

MAN LIFE IS GOOD :t2:

( By the way...some of you need to lighten up and enjoy life a lot more here, and not be so INTENSE  A little LOVE and laughter goes a long way to just enjoy living. Too many here way too uptight)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

I’m just wondering why you believe people “misunderstand” this when the Holy Spirit teaches us everything we need to know about God's Love and His desire for us to love others?

Christ also repeats his commandment to love many times between John 14 and 15. And His Prayer in John 17 is that we will know how much the Father loves us. If Christ is praying that we will know God’s love, I’m sure His prayers were answered.

• Brilliant! 1

You see there ReenelW

It's just wonderful the way you simplify the obvious when so many others here complicate this idea of love with so many RABBIT TRAILS OF IDEAS that take them off the main path that is so simple like you just stated here.

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

BLESS YOUR HEART. Thank you !!!

I hope many here read your response :t2:.