• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,042
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Diaste said:

Yes, you and I understand the above and it is truth: Jesus is the one and only Messiah and is the Savior of all mankind. The covenant with Abraham is confirmed by God in Christ; it is has always been and always will be.

But the Jewish people do not believe their Messiah is one of divinity. They are looking for a political leader, mortal, powerful and able to provide protection. I have heard this from their own lips. More notable I just listened to Ben Shapiro say the exact same thing not a week ago. 

It's not correct, of course, but it is what they look toward. It's not born again people of Israeli descent that are looking for an earthly messiah, it's Judaism. This is why Daniel 9:26-27 fits with the beast confirming a covenant. 

It also would not follow that one mention of a covenant would have to equate with every other mention of a covenant or even any other covenant. There are good agreements and bad ones. Righteous and evil agreements. Agreements for salvation and pacts of death. 

"Therefore, listen to this message from the LORD, you scoffing rulers in Jerusalem. You boast, “We have struck a bargain to cheat death and have made a deal to dodge the grave. The coming destruction can never touch us, for we have built a strong refuge made of lies and deception.” - Isaiah 28

But the Lord says,

"Therefore, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken." - Isaiah 28

This is the contrast between two opposing covenants. One which the Jews made and the one in Jesus established by the Most High God. 

I'm not saying the above is a reference to Daniel 9, which is a reference to the end time A of D, just pointing out the Jews will make a pact, a covenant, with death. Or they have done so. So it's not a stretch to say Daniel 9:27 is referring to an evil ruler. Here is how the NLT puts it:

“After this period of sixty-two sets of seven, the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end. The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven, but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds, he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration, until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him.”

Which in my mind is a normal way to read the text. And I believe that along with the warning of Jesus in Matt 24 to look to Daniel for the truth of the A of D associated with the end of the age is weighty evidence that a covenant will be made between Judaism and the beast.

Great analysis brother. People always want to pigeon hole Gods use of the Language. As in Covenant has to be a Holy Covenant, it doesn't, as you point out here in Dan, 9 it means an Agreement between the Anti-Christ {we can't call him the Beast until day 1261} or Little Horn and the MANY. I see the MANY as all the Nations in the region, not just Israel. 

People do the same thing with the great tribulation of Rev. 7:9-16, the great tribulation John is speaking of is the Church Age 2000 years of suffering, but people demand that it has to be the GREATEST EVER TROUBLES. But the Holy word doesn't agree, the Martyrs are told they must wait until all the brothers have died like they have and Rev. 20:4 says those that refused the Mark of the Beast are JUDGED at that time, and that is after Christ Return. So John has to be speaking about the Raptured Church. 

We to often limit God's use of vocabulary, for some reason. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.91

On 12/8/2019 at 6:21 AM, Revelation Man said:

We to often limit God's use of vocabulary, for some reason. 

That is a terrible mistake to make, we should aspire to do better. Perhaps then we would understand better.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,042
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

4 hours ago, SimonB said:

That is a terrible mistake to make, we should aspire to do better. Perhaps then we would understand better.

Well we get ideas in our minds and it gives us tunnel vision. Its like the 1335, 1290 and 1260. There are myriads of ideas as per to what it is. I used to listen to the ideas and try to figure out what it meant. Only when I just asked God to simply show me His word to all these riddles become clear. All three of the NUMBERS are the same, just like the 1260, the 1290 and 1335 are an answer to a question, "When will these things end or as Daniel said What will be the end of these things" so the AoD is 1290 days from when these wonders will end {Second Coming} and the 1335 is likewise 1335 days away from the Second Coming, so they both start BEFORE the Beast Conquers Jerusalem/Israel. One is the AoD by the False Prophet {High Priest} and the other {1335 Blessing} is when the Two-Witnesses show up BEFORE the Day of the Lord {which starts at the 1260 Event} as Malachi 4:5-6 says.