Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

Most who study prophecy are familiar with the seventy sevens found in Daniel 9.  Rather than delve into who the "he" is of v27 and engage in various word and grammar studies, try taking a look at the prophecy from more of a general overview.  Here are some bullet points, rationale, and a conclusion:

• A specific time frame was given for certain things to be accomplished. v24
  • The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is central to those things being accomplished.
  • The Messiah is cut off after the 69th week of the prophecy.

If the 70th week is still future then the Messiah's death, which is central to accomplishing the prophecy, falls outside of the time frame given for those certain things to be accomplished.  That makes zero sense to me.  If Jesus' death is central to the fulfilling of that prophecy, it must fall within the time constraints of that prophecy.  It had to have taken place during the 70th week or why even bother to give a time frame?  Now, whether the 70th week is partially or completely fulfilled is another discussion entirely.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Christ's death is but a marker ending the 69th Week. All the Sevens are full Sevens. If this is the case, what is the problem.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, Last Daze said:

If the 70th week is still future then the Messiah's death, which is central to accomplishing the prophecy, falls outside of the time frame given for those certain things to be accomplished.  That makes zero sense to me.  If Jesus' death is central to the fulfilling of that prophecy, it must fall within the time constraints of that prophecy.  It had to have taken place during the 70th week or why even bother to give a time frame?  Now, whether the 70th week is partially or completely fulfilled is another discussion entirely.

The 69th week ended on the day of His triumphal entry into Jerusalem, this was the marker.  It was at that point that He accepted the title of King and Messiah and began to offer the kingdom to the Jewish people.  Also important to note that Daniel says He is cut off after the 62 weeks.  I've never considered the death and resurrection as being a part of this prophecy, but more what occurs when He returns the second time.

Daniel 9:26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.

God bless

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Christ's death is but a marker ending the 69th Week. All the Sevens are full Sevens. If this is the case, what is the problem.

In Christ

Montana Marv

That's not what it says.

• Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing.  Daniel 9:26a

The word after means after.

1 hour ago, wingnut- said:

The 69th week ended on the day of His triumphal entry into Jerusalem, this was the marker.  It was at that point that He accepted the title of King and Messiah and began to offer the kingdom to the Jewish people.  Also important to note that Daniel says He is cut off after the 62 weeks.  I've never considered the death and resurrection as being a part of this prophecy, but more what occurs when He returns the second time.

Daniel 9:26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.

God bless

I absolutely agree that He is cut off after the 62 weeks.  It might be worth looking at the beginning of the prophecy again.

• Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  Daniel 9:24

Atonement for iniquity is part of what was decreed for the seventy weeks.  I'm sure we can agree that atonement for iniquity was accomplished through the death of Christ.  If the Messiah is cut off after the 69th week, then which week was atonement for iniquity made in?  Has to be the 70th.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Most who study prophecy are familiar with the seventy sevens found in Daniel 9.  Rather than delve into who the "he" is of v27 and engage in various word and grammar studies, try taking a look at the prophecy from more of a general overview.  Here are some bullet points, rationale, and a conclusion:

• A specific time frame was given for certain things to be accomplished. v24
  • The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is central to those things being accomplished.
  • The Messiah is cut off after the 69th week of the prophecy.

Hi Last Daze

Perfect! You nailed it, bro.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

The 69th week ended on the day of His triumphal entry into Jerusalem, 

Hi wingnut

This has been proven wrong. Some use a "formula" to arrive at this date. It involves changing over to "prophetic years of only 30 days each-no "leap"months etc. as the Jewish practice includes. To verify this simply try using "prophetic" months to arrive at the end of the first 7 weeks as the angel laid out for Daniel. It won't work.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00

7 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I absolutely agree that He is cut off after the 62 weeks.  It might be worth looking at the beginning of the prophecy again.

• Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  Daniel 9:24

Atonement for iniquity is part of what was decreed for the seventy weeks.  I'm sure we can agree that atonement for iniquity was accomplished through the death of Christ.  If the Messiah is cut off after the 69th week, then which week was atonement for iniquity made in?  Has to be the 70th.

It looks to me like there are some distinctions made.

"Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place."

I don't see the 70 weeks had anything to do with Jesus accomplishing the tasks; those tasks are given to Daniel's people.

As you pointed out in the past the Messiah was cut off after 69 weeks, the 7 weeks plus the 62 weeks. 

I agree 'after' means 'after' but if there exists a divine, mysterious pause on the prophetic clock at the time immediately prior to Jesus death, then the 69th week could be over with the 70th week still to commence. 

I find it quite baffling in any case as the why of it makes no sense to me. It seems to me there is at least one half of the week left to fulfill as we have not experienced the A of D associated with great tribulation and the return of Jesus and the gathering.

I also agree that atonement for iniquity has been accomplished in the death and resurrection of our Lord. But the rest? Maybe that will take a full 7 years. Maybe not. Surely it has not happened.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

70 Weeks have been decreed, TO.  No decree for the six tasks except they will be completed by the end or after the 70th Week.  The "decree" follows the 70 Weeks, not the six tasks.

In Christ

Montana Marv

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

I don't see the 70 weeks had anything to do with Jesus accomplishing the tasks; those tasks are given to Daniel's people.

And who are Daniel's people?  Is Jesus one?

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

I also agree that atonement for iniquity has been accomplished in the death and resurrection of our Lord.

And during which week was it accomplished?