listener24

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

https://www.christiantoday.com/article/world-evangelical-alliance-general-assembly-opens-with-call-to-christians-to-finish-the-great-commission/133578.htm

QUOTES:

Dr Njotorahardjo reminded those gathered for the General Assembly that the coming of God's kingdom was part of the Lord's own prayer and were words that they needed to speak out every day.

"Pray for Jesus' second coming, long for His appearing," he said. "How many of you are longing for His appearance?"

We have to be serious about finishing the Great Commission of Jesus," he said. "We are not here just to gather but to pray, Oh Lord, come quickly and Your kingdom come."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERSONAL CONSIDERATIONS:

I love this level of clarity about prayer and vision that the Lord is bringing back to the Church in these last days.

For too many centuries the Christian message have been watered down/confused/substituted.

But the Lord is bringing the Gospel of the Kingdom back to the core tenants, and finally our prayer and actions will be completely oriented to the Return of Jesus. The King is coming back, the kingdoms of this world are about to become the Kingdom of our Lord (Revelation 11:15) and with our prayers, preaching and holy life we are called to be intercessors to hasten the return of the King and the fulfillment of the Kingdom. (2Peter 3:12).

Any thoughts/comments?

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I could be wrong, the word 'ecumenical' raises my hackles a bit.

It sounds a little like NAR. I am unsure of what 'most Christians' believe at the best of times. We have seen this kind of Titanic-ticket-sales movement before. 

As far as I can determine, the church at large has a very superficial world view regarding the Lord God and His purposes. I cannot speak for individual believers, but it seems there is always some mass-movement out there attempting to drag everyone into a boat of questionable seaworthiness.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

NAR? I am not familiar with the acronym.

New Apostolic Reformation. I quote some info below, but it might not be entirely correct.

New Apostolic Reformation - Deception In The Church

deceptioninthechurch.com/newapostolic.html

The New Apostolic Reformation is all about changing orthodoxy. But the leaders don't necessarily challenge orthodoxy head-on. Rather they are going about it in a different way. Sometimes they do an "end-run" around orthodoxy.

http://deceptioninthechurch.com/newapostolic.html

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Let's look at the great commission:

Matthew 28:16-20 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go [a]therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen

This is the great commission, for us as born again believers to:

Make disciples of all nation's.. (Everyone)

1. We must go and lead others to Christ.

2. We must then baptize them, to show their outward confession of becoming a believer.

3. Teach them to observe all that Jesus tells us, how to live and walk as a born again Christian.

As for praying for the Lord's return:

Revelation 22:17-21

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Be Blessed  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

Seems to me that it would be better if all those involved in this great alliance just got stuck in to evangelism in there area and lead by example.

As far as i understand it, God has used people in there localities to spread the gospel sometimes spectacularly often quietly and undramaticlly but never through self publicising activities.

Jonathan Edwards was preaching his sunday sermon when God moved among his people, the same happened in many other revivals, in others men and women prayed and God answered those prayers.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

First reaction: mankind is not in control of God's timing. We cannot advance His plans. 

The article appears to be about humans trying to put themselves above God in saying that our prayers can control what God does.

I could be wrong, the word 'ecumenical' raises my hackles a bit.

@maryjayne

Yes, it’s the false inclusive unity that @frienduff thaylorde and @turtletwo are speaking out against.

Yes, we pray for the Lord to come soon, as He told us to. But you’re right, it’s not humans that control when the Lord returns. Only the Lord knows when He is coming back. 

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

NAR? I am not familiar with the acronym.

You see that word NAR .   WHEN I examined this group and those who led it , I put that acronym in reverse and RAN fleeing for the hills to never once look back .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, listener24 said:

https://www.christiantoday.com/article/world-evangelical-alliance-general-assembly-opens-with-call-to-christians-to-finish-the-great-commission/133578.htm

QUOTES:

Dr Njotorahardjo reminded those gathered for the General Assembly that the coming of God's kingdom was part of the Lord's own prayer and were words that they needed to speak out every day.

"Pray for Jesus' second coming, long for His appearing," he said. "How many of you are longing for His appearance?"

We have to be serious about finishing the Great Commission of Jesus," he said. "We are not here just to gather but to pray, Oh Lord, come quickly and Your kingdom come."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERSONAL CONSIDERATIONS:

I love this level of clarity about prayer and vision that the Lord is bringing back to the Church in these last days.

For too many centuries the Christian message have been watered down/confused/substituted.

But the Lord is bringing the Gospel of the Kingdom back to the core tenants, and finally our prayer and actions will be completely oriented to the Return of Jesus. The King is coming back, the kingdoms of this world are about to become the Kingdom of our Lord (Revelation 11:15) and with our prayers, preaching and holy life we are called to be intercessors to hasten the return of the King and the fulfillment of the Kingdom. (2Peter 3:12).

Any thoughts/comments?

Bishop Efraim Tendero, Secretary General of the World Evangelical Alliance, said: "We have carefully chosen Indonesia to be the hosts of our General Assembly because this is the country that has the largest Muslim population around the world, with about 230 million, but there is also religious tolerance and harmony."

He went on to say that for the kingdom of God to advance in this world, Christians need to focus on "intergenerational, intentional and holistic" disciple making.

YEAH ,  ITS INFECTED BIG TIME . JUST LOOK at the FOCUS  ,   and look at the KEY WORDS RELIGIOIUS TOLERANCE AND HARMONY.  ITS INFECTED WITH ROME . IT IS .

Don't go anywhere near it .

Survey says it will be pumped full with the new way of evangelizing , the bridge builders , the finding common ground .

POPE francis may as well be leading this as well as Kenneth Copeland .

I warned us all , THEY KNOW how to make the FOCUS SEEM like its on evangelizing and JESUS  when in truth its on this new age rome led unity , HARMONY with all.

Now where have I heard this langague before.  

THIS I gurantee is a total set up but cloaked to EVANGELICALS in a way that so encourages them to participate IN IT .  ITS all a sham and a deception .

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

@frienduff thaylorde 

Its popping up everywhere in the world now. We need to stand against it. Jesus is the only way.

• This is Worthy 2

31 minutes ago, marvelloustime said:

@maryjayne

Yes, it’s the false inclusive unity that @frienduff thaylorde and @turtletwo are speaking out against.

Yes, we pray for the Lord to come soon, as He told us to. But you’re right, it’s not humans that control when the Lord returns. Only the Lord knows when He is coming back. 

ITs infected with it .    By grace I see my sister spotted it too.

They know how to reach each group they target , and they plan on having world harmony unity .

They cloak it to make it seem like its the way to reach.   They just selling this to a group that is well known for evangelizing .

SO how do you sell it , mAKE it seem like a way to reach the lost , when in truth its all about religious tolerance , WHICH IS ALL ABOUT RELIGIOUS UNITY HARMONY .

THEY are slick .   But lambs don't heed the voice of strangers no matter how well  they can make the appearance of their robes seem white ,

Folks need to examine WHO First sung religious tolerance , what it entails .   Research even the religious tolerance act itself .

Folks would be amazed that this religious tolerance is all about religious unity .   It even says , we will find common ground and WORK TOGETHER WITH OTHER RELIGIONS

for harmony and peace , doing good works as one .    Teaching all religions and finding what we have in common and then working as one to solve the worlds ills , like poverty

education and etc .  ITS ALL a sham .   And let us stay far from it .  

• This is Worthy 2