• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,300
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - November 12, 2019

Friend, prepare for war on the horizon!

Psalms 27:3-4 Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this I will be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that I will seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple.

Late last night, as my wife and I, are getting ready to enjoy a cruise provided by Jewish Voice Ministries our phones went off with rocket alerts most of the night.  Our phones are equipped with an app called "Red Alert" which warns where rockets may be falling within Israel.  This allows us the ability to know how and where to target our prayers. As the rockets were falling it raised our "prayer intensity" in the land and this reminded me of a story I came across some time ago, which I hope is a blessing.

A United States Army officer who trained pupils at Fort Sill for over 20 years once described the different qualities of the students during the two decades of his tenure.

During the 1950's, he observed the students' attitude as being so lax that the instructors had trouble keeping their students awake during their lectures. This drastically changed in the mid-1960's. The students began taking meticulous notes and absorbing every word of instruction. So, what changed? The lectures weren't any different. Were mid 60's students somehow more diligent? No... but the circumstances had changed. The pupils of the 1950's weren't expecting to be sent to war, but the men in the 1960's were being prepared to go to Vietnam.

We are already at war and the battle is raging. We cannot afford to be unprepared, as though we were at peace. Each of has a post or a position to occupy, or a battlefront to advance upon.

Friend, so let us stay awake, alert and in constant preparation, feeding and abiding in the Word of God, continuing instant in prayer and growing mighty in it. There's so much work to be done, and our Commander in Chief is looking for eager volunteers who are well prepared to serve. Honoring Him in the battles ahead will bring great joy through the exploits He will enable us to do.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Orlando, Florida

Editor's Note: Our preliminary US speaking tour is now online. We have quite a few more dates to add as soon as they are confirmed. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Editor's Note: If you have a prayer request, or if you'd be interested in becoming an intercessor, be sure to visit the Worthy Prayer Team!

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
IAEA: Uranium traces found at undeclared Iranian site
The United Nations’ nuclear watchdog said it has detected uranium particles at an undeclared site in Iran in its latest report on the country’s nuclear program issued on Monday.
Trump eyes executive order tying foreign aid to religious freedom
The White House is reportedly drafting plans to condition U.S. foreign assistance on religious freedom.
Iran enriching uranium at 'not declared' site, UN nuclear watchdog says
Uranium of a man-made origin has been discovered in Iran at a site that has 'not been declared' to inspectors, the United Nation's nuclear watchdog disclosed for the first time in a report Monday.
Election boost for Boris Johnson as Brexit leader Nigel Farage withdraws candidates
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's chances of securing a Conservative majority in the nation's next general election just improved, as Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage has withdrawn a slew of candidates.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Gantz and Netanyahu may be closing in on deal for unity government: report
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and rival Benny Gantz may be closing in on a coalition deal that would allow the formation of a government and prevent Israel from heading to its third election in under a year, Channel 12 reported on Monday.
Netanyahu: Gaza Operation will take time; We will hit anyone who hits us
Israel will target anyone who tries to attack the State of Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu threatened Tuesday, hours after the IDF assassinated a top Islamic Jihad commander Baha Abu al-Ata in the Gaza Strip and as dozens of rockets were being fired across the country.
Israel kills powerful Islamic Jihad commander Abu al-Ata in targeted Gaza strike
The Israel Defense Forces killed a senior commander of the Islamic Jihad terror group responsible for the firing dozens of rockets out of the Gaza Strip, authorities said early Tuesday, in an attack that could send the sides sliding back toward war.
Assad: 'Israel has conquered our land'
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad claimed Israel has 'conquered' Syrian land.
Islamic Jihad says senior commander targeted in Damascus strike, son killed
Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Syria said Tuesday morning that a building bombed overnight in Damascus was the home of Akram al-Ajouri, a senior member of the terror group.
Some 150 rockets fired at Israel after IDF assassinates Gaza terror leader
The Israel Defense Forces on Tuesday ordered schools closed in southern and central Israel, including the Tel Aviv metropolitan area, as terror groups in the Gaza Strip began firing dozens of rockets at cities and towns throughout the country in retaliation for the assassination of Palestinian Islamic Jihad senior commander Baha Abu al-Ata.

Inside the United States
Supreme Court hears arguments over Trump's efforts to end DACA, deport 'Dreamers'
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear what's expected to be one of its most significant cases of the fall term -- and ultimately make a decision that will affect 800,000 migrants facing deportation by the Trump administration.
Impeachment aside, federal budget remains a pressing matter
Impeachment hearings for President Donald Trump come at the very time that Capitol Hill usually tends to its mound of unfinished business.
Judge dismisses Trump lawsuit against NY officials, House committee over taxes
A federal judge on Monday issued another blow to President Donald Trump and his ongoing effort to avoid having his tax records turned over to Congress.
LGBT group pushes for 20 percent of all television characters be LGBT by 2025
A major gay rights organization is pushing for 20 percent of all television characters to be LGBT by the year 2025.
Equality and Fairness? Transgender Athletes in High School Sports Now a Political and Campaign Issue
In the world of high school sports right now, the issue of transgender athletes is becoming a challenge, especially for female athletes forced to compete against boys who identify as girls.

Christian News
Fires at three churches in Egypt are 'not coincidence'
Church leaders in Egypt are sounding the alarm after three Coptic churches were hit by fires in the last few weeks.
Two pastors beheaded as violence against Christians flares in Ethiopia
Two Ethiopian pastors have been beheaded in Sebeta, near the capital Addis Ababa, in an outburst of violence against Christians at the end of October, reported a Barnabas Fund contact.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions
George Whitten
Lazman Hazeh Music

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA