• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DANIEL 12:3 and they that --BE WISE-- shall shine as the brightness of the firmament and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever 

*******PROVERBS 10:8 --THE WISE IN HEART--will receive commandments but a prating fool shall fall*******

PSALM 119:172 my tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments ---ARE RIGHTEOUSNESS---

PSALM 66:18 if I regard iniquity in my heart ---THE LORD WILL NOT HEAR ME---

PROVERBS 15:8 the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to THE LORD but the prayer of the upright is HIS delight --15:9-- the way of the wicked is an abomination unto THE LORD but HE loveth him that followeth after righteousness 

EZEKIEL 7:3 now is the end come upon thee and I will send mine anger upon thee and will judge thee according to thy ways and will recompense upon thee all thine abominations 

PSALM 36:1 the transgression of the wicked saith within my heart that there is no fear of GOD before his eyes --36:2-- for he flattereth himself in his own eyes until his iniquity be found to be hateful --36:3-- the words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit he hath left off ---TO BE WISE AND TO DO GOOD---

JOHN 5:29 and shall come forth ---THEY THAT HAVE DONE GOOD---UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF LIFE---and they that have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation

PROVERBS 8:32 now therefore hearken unto ME o you children for blessed are they ---THAT KEEP MY WAYS---8:32--hear instruction and ---BE WISE-- and refuse it not 

1 CORINTHIANS 1:19 for it is written ---I WILL DESTROY--- the wisdom of the wise and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent --1:20--where is the wise where is the scribe where is the disputer of this world ---HATH NOT GOD MADE FOOLISH THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD---

1 CORINTHIANS 2:5 that your faith ---SHOULD NOT STAND IN THE WISDOM OF MEN---but in the power of GOD

PROVERBS 18:21 death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof 

MATTHEW 12:37 for by thy words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned 

JOHN 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life 

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ---AND HIS WAYS---

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

The startying point for determining whjether any one is wise is:-

Are they a Christian.

If they are not that is a sign thery are at heart a fool.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Some may cast aspersions on the wisdom of the world, but this worldly wisdom has accumulated throughout the millennia by humans from all cultures and this wisdom has some value; for the Christian there is need to know the right attitude to adopt toward such wisdom. In an illustration of an unrighteous steward who manipulated his master’s accounts with certain debtors so as to gain a secure future, Jesus described the steward as ‘acting with practical wisdom [phro·niʹmos, “discreetly”].’ This shrewd foresight, however, was the practical wisdom of “the sons of this system of things,” not that of “the sons of the light.” (Lu 16:1-8, Int) Earlier, Jesus praised his heavenly Father for hiding certain truths from the “wise and intellectual ones” while revealing them to his disciples, who were by comparison like “babes.” (Lu 10:21-24) The scribes and Pharisees, educated at rabbinic schools, were among such wise and intellectual ones.—Compare Mt 13:54-57; Joh 7:15.

In that first century, the Greeks were especially renowned for their culture and accumulated knowledge, their schools and philosophic groups. Probably for that reason Paul paralleled ‘Greeks and Barbarians’ with ‘wise and senseless ones.’ (Ro 1:14) Paul strongly emphasized to the Christians at Corinth, Greece, that Christianity is not reliant on nor characterized by “the wisdom [so·phiʹan] of the world,” that is, the world of mankind alienated from God. (1Co 1:20) Not that among the multiple facets of the world’s wisdom there was nothing useful or beneficial, for Paul sometimes made use of skill learned in the tentmaking trade and also quoted on occasion from literary works of worldly authors to illustrate certain points of truth. (Ac 18:2, 3; 17:28, 29; Tit 1:12) But the overall outlook, methods, standards, and goals of the world—its philosophy—were not in harmony with the truth, were contrary to ‘God’s wisdom in the sacred secret.’

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1 be you followers of me even as I also am of CHRIST

JOHN 12:48 he that rejecteth ME and receiveth not MY words hath one that judgeth him ---THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN---the same shall judge him in the last day --12:49--for I have ---NOT SPOKEN OF MYSELF---but THE FATHER which sent ME HE gave ME a commandment what I should say and what ---I SHOULD SPEAK---12:50--and I know that HIS commandment is life everlasting whatsoever I speak therefore even as THE FATHER said unto ME SO I SPEAK

MATTHEW 15:7 you hypocrites well did Isaiah prophesy of you saying --15:8--this people draweth near ME with there mouth ---BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME---15:9--- but in vain they do worship ME teaching for doctrines the commandments of men 

JOHN 14:24 ---HE THAT LOVETH ME NOT KEEPETH NOT MY SAYINGS---and the word which you hear is not mine but THE FATHERS WHICH SENT ME

COLOSSIANS 2:8 --BEWARE--LEST ANY MAN---spoil you through vain philosophy and vain deceit ---AFTER THE TRADITION OF MEN---after the rudiments of the world and ---NOT AFTER CHRIST---

ROMANS 15:18 ---FOR I WILL NOT DARE--- to speak of any of those things WHICH CHRIST hath not wrought by me to make the gentiles obedient by word and deed

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ---AND HIS WAYS--- 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 13 November 2019 at 11:57 AM, BibleStudent100 said:

Some may cast aspersions on the wisdom of the world, but this worldly wisdom has accumulated throughout the millennia by humans from all cultures and this wisdom has some value; for the Christian there is need to know the right attitude to adopt toward such wisdom. In an illustration of an unrighteous steward who manipulated his master’s accounts with certain debtors so as to gain a secure future, Jesus described the steward as ‘acting with practical wisdom [phro·niʹmos, “discreetly”].’ This shrewd foresight, however, was the practical wisdom of “the sons of this system of things,” not that of “the sons of the light.” (Lu 16:1-8, Int) Earlier, Jesus praised his heavenly Father for hiding certain truths from the “wise and intellectual ones” while revealing them to his disciples, who were by comparison like “babes.” (Lu 10:21-24) The scribes and Pharisees, educated at rabbinic schools, were among such wise and intellectual ones.—Compare Mt 13:54-57; Joh 7:15.

In that first century, the Greeks were especially renowned for their culture and accumulated knowledge, their schools and philosophic groups. Probably for that reason Paul paralleled ‘Greeks and Barbarians’ with ‘wise and senseless ones.’ (Ro 1:14) Paul strongly emphasized to the Christians at Corinth, Greece, that Christianity is not reliant on nor characterized by “the wisdom [so·phiʹan] of the world,” that is, the world of mankind alienated from God. (1Co 1:20) Not that among the multiple facets of the world’s wisdom there was nothing useful or beneficial, for Paul sometimes made use of skill learned in the tentmaking trade and also quoted on occasion from literary works of worldly authors to illustrate certain points of truth. (Ac 18:2, 3; 17:28, 29; Tit 1:12) But the overall outlook, methods, standards, and goals of the world—its philosophy—were not in harmony with the truth, were contrary to ‘God’s wisdom in the sacred secret.’

Secular knowledge is of great worth, that is science, medical, engineering, electrical etc knowledge, but worldly wisedom rejects Jesus as Saviour and Lord so is worthless.