• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Betha said:

When you say 'His body - the church' do you mean the many thousand splintered 'christian churches on earth  that find no agreement between themselves ?

That is a pretty big brush you are using Betha - "find no agreement between themselves".  May I ask what you believe these churches say about salvation, the core beliefs of all who are His?  I have found the differences between them are not salvation issues, but, for the most part, petty doctrine.

Though I can't prove this to be true, I believe that in almost every church there are those who are saved and those who are not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 English Standard Version (ESV)

One Body with Many Members

12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves[a] or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? 18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. 19 If all were a single member, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts,[b] yet one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.

27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.

John 10:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Galatians 3:28 New International Version (NIV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Hebrews 9:16–17 (AV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Jesus lived and died under Old Testament Law.

His death effected the New Covenant (New Testament Grace).

The Apostle Paul was guided by the Holy Spirit to bring out the prophetic nuggets

of theological gold from the Old Testament scriptures.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, JohnD said:

Hebrews 9:16–17 (AV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Jesus lived and died under Old Testament Law.

His death effected the New Covenant (New Testament Grace).

The Apostle Paul was guided by the Holy Spirit to bring out the prophetic nuggets

of theological gold from the Old Testament scriptures.

Help me to understand why are you citing Hebrews 9:16-17 how does it relate to my post

23 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd

May I ask who do you say are the other sheep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 minutes ago, douge said:

May I ask who do you say are the other sheep

Sorry to step in here, but please allow me to answer the question. The "other sheep" pertains to you and I. That also includes every believer here as well. No further scriptures needed. Take it as it is and let's run with it. Join together and rejoice in our Shepard. 

• Well Said! 1

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Sorry to step in here, but please allow me to answer the question. The "other sheep" pertains to you and I. That also includes every believer here as well. No further scriptures needed. Take it as it is and let's run with it. Join together and rejoice in our Shepard. 

Sorry to say I think differently:

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus Christ is the good shepherd, and Israel his sheep. Psalm 100:3

John 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Those who scattered Israel, false messiahs, false prophets, the Pharisees, are in view above.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

The scattered sheep is the believing remnant of Israel; the little flock.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The existing fold is the believing Israel of God, the little flock. The other sheep are the little flock that has been scattered into other countries. The believing remnant scattered into other countries, will be all gathered together, to form one nation, one fold; Israel and Judah will be one nation.

Jeremiah 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, douge said:

Help me to understand why are you citing Hebrews 9:16-17 how does it relate to my post

Forgive me, perhaps I missed it... busy week...

JESUS AND THE TWELVE PREACHED A DIFFERENT GOSPEL ...    than whom?