LittlePebble10

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully this is the right sub forum to put this in. For the most part I would like critique on how the scripture fits my explanations. This is only a small piece to a 7 page writing. This is only a very basic draft. So, although I welcome critique on grammar and style I would like to know if the interpretation of scripture seems logical. Also since people are asking honest questions about my coping strategies I welcome any questions. Especially since this is my Blog/public-diary update for all the forums I am on. Questions can help clarify what I need to add or fix in my writing. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

My type of Christianity

When people take the time to listen they often admire my way of life. I always have to laugh at first impressions. I never had good luck with the first impression. One of them being Razzac “ye of the gods”. Long story short I offended her over adult art when I was a teenager. We ended up becoming the best of friends upon the ability to agree to disagree and to forgive and forget. The only reason we don’t talk now is because she deleted her Deviant art account due to art theft. Another incident that is more recent is when I met a guy going to tech school to become a nurse. I don’t know if it was how he put it or that it was just so out of place. He asked me if I was gay. First of all I am not active in the LGBT community. That community actually hates me because of my differing view points.

The truth actually is I believe in interpreting the scripture as a whole and within the context that it was originally written. A lot of people like to pin me down with scripture either to contradict my interpretations or my life style in general. Thing is, I am not the traditional Christian that a lot of people think of or could describe on something such as a news report. I am not that type of Christian who forces this belief but, rather informs people when they ask or if I suspect rumors have been created. Again I started this public diary for this reason. I want to be able to clear things up and be able to provide something that connects all the forums I am on. In essence I am a Christian not defined by social media or a news report.

My life style involves a type of Christianity that is based on Mathew 18:1-5, Mathew 7:1-5, Mathew 5:17-19, and James 1:17-27 that summarizes my belief. In Mathew 18:1-5 it mentions becoming a mere child. I interpret this by saying one must remove the cultural adult mask in order to really grasp oneself. This is a big part of how I want to imagine myself as a four or five year old. My inner child is comparable to a ten year old on a normal bases. Unless I am representing a company on a job site I refuse to wear a mask.

With Mathew 7:1-5 being about fair judgment; I believe in using careful judgment in order to make wise decisions. While I would not attack anyone on a personal level I do believe in judging people by their fruits. Basically what actions they make and their life style is how I determine whether or not their words mean anything. Why should I listen to some one who has double standards? Better yet, why should I listen to some one who talks about love while they are making personal attacks on those they don’t agree with?

Finally Mathew 5:17-19 embraces my belief in basing my interpretations of scripture on the whole Bible and not just the individual scripture. This means praying over the scriptures, reading the surrounding scriptures, and it means taking into consideration the time it was written. I like to think of it as a puzzle. When you first pull all the pieces out of the box you have no idea where to start. After looking at all the pieces and devising a way to assembling it in sections things become clearer. When the whole puzzle is put together you will see that the picture makes sense and you begin to understand. When pieces are missing there is a really good chance you wont be able to make out what the picture is. This is how I take the Bible as a whole instead of the traditional interpretation of each scripture individually.

In the scriptures James 1:17-27 I find my way of living by scripture to be summarized. Not one law will be removed without being fulfilled. When Jesus died and rose again he fulfilled a lot of prophecies. This is why we don’t sacrifice spotless lambs anymore. We don’t even stone people because a new covenant has been put into place. John 3:16 mentions that Jesus is the truth the life, and the way. Basically Jesus Christ was the spotless lamb that fulfilled the prophecies. My life style basically focuses on taking the puzzle in completeness and without removing the pieces that I don’t like. Even if the world thinks differently I will be who I am because thats what God intended for me by a divine appointment.

Tzephanyahu

Yes, almost certainly.  For every problem stems from when we fall out of Yahweh's Will.  His Will for us is like a musical resonance.  When we tune in correctly, we can live in peace and harmony (excuse the pun).  But when we are out of the tune, the resonance can be detrimental to our own and it makes everything seem chaotic and unorganised. 

It's difficult to explore this idea without getting too personal into your history, and I want to respect your privacy as much as possible.  

Depression and anxiety manifests in many different ways and people have different coping mechanisms to combat it and survive.  I myself suffered with both and so I know how painful and dark it can be.

But of all the coping mechanisms I tried and treatment (mental and medical), it was all just a psychological bandage, and not healing.  The depression only left with the more of my day that I submitted my mind to His Word.  Not reading it for promises or cozy verses, but just reading it over and over, start to finish.  Great peace came as I started to get back "in resonance". 

Thereafter, I sought the baptism of the Holy Spirit - which I assumed I had but doubted occasionally.  When it happened (after a long time of seeking), my mindset improved dramatically.  I felt (and do feel) a peace and joy deep inside.  Yes, I can still have bad days but now that "anchor" deep inside assures me that I could never fall back into that depression and anxiety again - unless I lessened His importance in my life like I did before.

I would advise for you to search this matter out, with your whole heart and strength.  See this as your great adventure with a treasure at the end that cannot be matched - the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  Seek this above all things brother.

I think there is nothing wrong with being mature but immature at times.  That is - being wise, self-aware, empathetic and contextually considerate but still able to be playful, silly, innocent and always seeing the best in things.  That said, I think it's important to draw the line with how child-like we become and how we develop that 'character'.  Does that make sense?  Take me for example - I'm a mixture of maturity and immaturity.  But I believe TRUE maturity is knowing when you need to be mature and when you can be immature.  

I sense that you have the potential to offer a lot to the family of Messiah.  I sense intelligence, care, patience, understanding, gentleness, creativity and reliability from you, from in-between your words.   But I'm concerned that a coping mechanism might become reinforced over the years to only hinder your potential.   When we start to label behavioural patterns and modalities of thinking, the very act of naming it makes it a psychological prison or deep pit.  We can think "Oh, I guess that's me.  I guess that's my issue and my problem".  Such thoughts do no good other than close our mind instead of opening it.

I hope some of this makes sense. 

Can I ask, what disturbs you most about the "mask of an adult"?  

Love & Shalom

I seek God out in what I call my Little Headspace. That is what most age regressers call it. I never ask anyone to accept my beliefs as their own. Especially when it comes to my ways of dealing with life. In Mathew 18:1-5 the scripture points out that we must become like mere children. This does not necessarily mean you need a stuffed animal, pacifier, etc. in order to do this. These items had yet to be thought of in that day and time. They might of had some sort of dolls made out of carved wood but, thats not the point Jesus was making by converting to a mere child. The point he was making was taking the lowly position of a child. He meant for people to remain teachable and maintain a child like faith. 

How does this connect with my age-reg? Well when I am in my little headspace I am simply making a statement that I am putting away all of my fears and all of my anxious thoughts of adult life to become as a mere child as described in Mathew 18. To say that becoming a child is against scripture is kind of taking this out of context. Yes there is the scripture 1 Corinthians 13:11 that mentions putting away childish things. Us Christians know better than to accuse the scripture of contradiction. In order to take this into proper context we must take into consideration that this scripture is not talking about the heart of a child or the imaginative play a child does. Its actually talking about maturity in that when we grow up we know how to act appropriately and be able to solve problems in an adult way.

C. S. Lewis put it this way; when I became a man I put away childish things including the fear of being childish. He even goes on to say that he enjoys being an adult. The reason I hate the adult mask is because it creates a false persona and in some cases a social status that is an idol. In my life I like to compare my outward expression of my persona to a ten year old. While I have child like attributes I have put away my childish immaturity. When I am in my little head space I still don't act immature because there is no one to really be immature around. I am in my own room and even if I do have a trusted friend with me I would maintain maturity. I don't have a lot of friends to hang out with because of my Christian beliefs and unusual interests. I am however, trying to get my permit and drivers license so I can go to Church on a regular basis again. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, LittlePebble10 said:

The reason I hate the adult mask is because it creates a false persona and in some cases a social status that is an idol.

Mask; conceal (something) from view - anything that disguises or conceals; disguise; pretense:

What are you concealing? A child? Youth? A mask is fake, a disguise, pretending.

Are you saying you do not want to be a mature person, like, assuming the responsibilities of adulthood?
Or like an old fuddy duddy, without a sense of humor. Too stern and serious.
Fun has it's place. Adulthood has it's priorities. Some never grown up to know the difference.
I quit a business because it caused me to have to supervise a bunch of adult children. They never grew up.

"I hate the adult mask is because it creates a false persona and in some cases a social status that is an idol"

You Say;
False persona?  social status?  idol?

age regressers 
(How old are you, if I may ask?) What is an age regresser?
Were you an adult, and didn't like it, so you want to regress to a younger age? (The mask!!)
1st, child like faith is for a brand new believer, even at age sixty six in human life,
but a babe in Christ. Totally trusting by faith!, like a child.

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God;
and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.   
Hebrews 5:12

On 11/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, Sower said:

Mask; conceal (something) from view - anything that disguises or conceals; disguise; pretense:

What are you concealing? A child? Youth? A mask is fake, a disguise, pretending.

Are you saying you do not want to be a mature person, like, assuming the responsibilities of adulthood?
Or like an old fuddy duddy, without a sense of humor. Too stern and serious.
Fun has it's place. Adulthood has it's priorities. Some never grown up to know the difference.
I quit a business because it caused me to have to supervise a bunch of adult children. They never grew up.

"I hate the adult mask is because it creates a false persona and in some cases a social status that is an idol"

You Say;
False persona?  social status?  idol?

age regressers 
(How old are you, if I may ask?) What is an age regresser?
Were you an adult, and didn't like it, so you want to regress to a younger age? (The mask!!)
1st, child like faith is for a brand new believer, even at age sixty six in human life,
but a babe in Christ. Totally trusting by faith!, like a child.

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God;
and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.   
Hebrews 5:12

Just to clear things up I quoted some one from this thread. Some one asked a question and I answered it here because I did not want to go off topic. My friend is doing better but, I still hope to lead him back in the right direction. I would have not brought this side of me up on this forum until I knew I could safely do so. However, my friend is just that important to me. He certainly has gotten into my prayers lately. I am still thinking over what you said but, I cannot question the things that God revealed to me. I also needed to take care of things with my art and writing because of how YT got sued recently. I hope the artist I look up to do not get their channels destroyed by the madness of it all.

So, first things first a lot of your questions can be answered on the link I put in this link. Also my quoted text of my writing will answer the theology part of your questions. There is a lot to this blog/public diary update because it answers a lot of questions I have been asked as well as putting to rest accusations that I had from the social websites I am on. When you mention the milk verses meat analogy this actually caught me off guard. I have to give a tuche to that. Very interesting perspective to have in your interpretation. This is not wrong but, its not the entire story. The disciples asked him, "who is the greatest in his kingdom." You would think they would know something by now after seeing Jesus's miracles but, they had yet to really grasp things.

Aside from that you can't do calculus or analytical geometry without knowing how to use basic arrhythmic when necessary. So even if we are to begin to take of meat we also need to know how to take of milk when its provided. I am always learning new things. You probably heard the story of the Garden of Eden a thousand times by now but, still get caught off guard with a different viewpoint because you never look at something the same way as some one else does. Essentially this is what I use age-reg for. Its to humble myself and become like a mere child so I can have a different perspective then before. Keep in mind I am still editing and writing my blog/public diary update. There is a lot more questions to be answered. Lastly I will never demand anyone to accept my interpretations much less even take the time to read them. Although it sure would help if they did. Which is why I would really like help with editing my new blog/public diary update series for 2020. Thankyou for your questions and I hope you consider contributing time to helping me edit my writing.    

Edited by LittlePebble10
for better grammar and clarity