• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, existential mabel said:

i did!! that is what i was asking feedback from from that quote

I  just read your link, but I did not see anything that made me think of dying and being resurrected, but maybe I missed it. 

I found the phrase in Psa 84:11, the Lord God  is a sun and a shield interesting.  I understand God being ouroshiel, but I am going to have to do some study on Him being a sun.

Love peace and joy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Other interesting thoughts to ponder on this subject, dealing with the long history of God's chosen people and Abraham's day.

(1) Was there pagan and idol worship before Noah's flood.

(2) Who, why and when did Pagan and idol worship begin? Did one morning in every nation and culture, someone got out of bed one morning and decided, today I think I'll worship and sacrifice my children to Ra, Baal, Molech or whomever? 

(3) Why was Pagan and idol worship so strong, time and time again they returned to it for centuries. As a race and peoples they witnessed first hand, many miracles of God, and oral tradition would have been handed down generation after generation. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

I don't believe he ever was an idol worshiper. He was raised by his great grandfather Noah when Nimrod wanted him dead. The book of Jasher spells it out, and the age of Noah has them overlapping. In fact, when Genesis says his father died, it was referring to Noah. I have their ages all entered into a free interactive chronology on my site https://abdicate.net/timeline/timeline-online.html

642704622_ScreenShot2019-11-13at8_58_27PM.png.93dc67697b20fab2375a4fec9bb512b3.png

Each blue line represents those from Noah to Abram like Shem, Arphaxad, Eber, etc.

I have a similar graph, it makes visualizing much easier for me and raises even more questions I'm curious about, like: Did Abraham ever meet and talk to Shem, you probably know what I'm thinking. Did Enoch ever meet and talk with Adam? If I was born 800 years after Adam, I'd travel through swamp and desert to ask him ten thousand questions. They had to know or be aware that Adam was directly created by God and was the first man. Or were there others? That's a different debate with different opinions.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

when Genesis says his father died, it was referring to Noah.

Whose daughter was Sarah in your frame of preference?

Gen 20:11-12
(11)  And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.
(12)  And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

14 hours ago, Abdicate said:

I don't believe he ever was an idol worshiper. He was raised by his great grandfather Noah when Nimrod wanted him dead. The book of Jasher spells it out, and the age of Noah has them overlapping. In fact, when Genesis says his father died, it was referring to Noah. I have their ages all entered into a free interactive chronology on my site https://abdicate.net/timeline/timeline-online.html

642704622_ScreenShot2019-11-13at8_58_27PM.png.93dc67697b20fab2375a4fec9bb512b3.png

Each blue line represents those from Noah to Abram like Shem, Arphaxad, Eber, etc.

i havent read this book and just now i have had a quick look to see and i think hmmmn maybe not

A number of Mormon scholars consider this Book of Jasher to be of authentic ancient Hebrew origin. ... The Bible has only scant information about pre-flood times, but both the Book of Jasher and parts of the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible contain additional information, some of which is strikingly similar.

Sefer haYashar (midrash) - Wikipedia

https://www.gotquestions.org/book-of-Jasher.html

In the end, we must conclude that the Book of Jasher mentioned in the Bible was lost and has not survived to modern times.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I have a similar graph, it makes visualizing much easier for me and raises even more questions I'm curious about, like: Did Abraham ever meet and talk to Shem, you probably know what I'm thinking. Did Enoch ever meet and talk with Adam? If I was born 800 years after Adam, I'd travel through swamp and desert to ask him ten thousand questions. They had to know or be aware that Adam was directly created by God and was the first man. Or were there others? That's a different debate with different opinions.

gosh all very mind boggling! and that even being a possibility means that Terah and his son Abram must have had to do their own thing pretty much in the regards to God. talk about feeling alienated. the road is narrow...broad is the way...

• Thumbs Up 1