• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

Nope--I don't have that one. I just looked it up and it is available for my Accordance software.

I will consider it--even though I have several others.

Thanks for the tip.

Your welcome.  The ones you have may be just as good or better. I mainly mentioned the ones I have  in case there are others looking for a good Hebrew to English resource.

Love, peace joy

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

Yup--you betcha.

:-)

5051. τελειωτής teleiōtēs; from 5048; a completer, i.e. consummater: — finisher.

Heb. 12:2 1fixing our eyes on Jesus, the 2aauthor and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him bendured the cross, cdespising the shame, and has dsat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Thanks.  I knew there was another one, but i was yo lazy to find it.

love, peace joy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

Your welcome.  The ones you have may be just as good or better. I mainly mentioned the ones I have  in case there are others looking for a good Hebrew to English resource.

Love, peace joy

Understood...I do appreciate it as well. One of my many weaknesses is tech and study.

LOL

8 minutes ago, omega2xx said:

Thanks.  I knew there was another one, but i was yo lazy to find it.

love, peace joy

I have two 27" iMacs running side by side with the primary borrowing the second's monitor. Its very convenient for design work, but also real handy running my bible software at the same time as the forums. Makes it more than a little easy to pull up scriptures and such and the robust search capabilities are amazing.

Check out Accordance.

https://www.accordancebible.com

Edited by Alive

13 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I have a thread in bible study on typology. Im on my way to church so i may not be able to bump it until later.

Good for you.  IMO Christians miss a lot  of assurance and spiritual knowledge ignoring all of the figurative language God included in His word.

Jn 16:25a -These things I have spoken to you in figurative language...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

I have two 27" iMacs running side by side with the primary borrowing the second's monitor. Its very convenient for design work, but also real handy running my bible software at the same time as the forums. Makes it more than a little easy to pull up scriptures and such and the robust search capabilities are amazing.

Check out Accordance.

https://www.accordancebible.com

I'm impressed, but since I am computer challenged, I have to do it the hard way---thumbing thru my concordance, then my word books, then to the Bible.    Slow, but it works.

Love, peach, joy

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, omega2xx said:

I'm impressed, but since I am computer challenged, I have to do it the hard way---thumbing thru my concordance, then my word books, then to the Bible.    Slow, but it works.

Love, peach, joy

Yup--did that for a bunch of years. Hard on the eyes.

Anytime that you need something quick or another take on something---just reach out to me and I will be glad to put this tech monster to work for you.

I mean that.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 11/15/2019 at 9:11 AM, Dennis1209 said:

It is relevant, apples to oranges; Mars soil is sterile is an example that nothing can grow in its soil, but why?

You are making my point. Adam was created with the 'appearance' of age, as were the animals and plants. So it stands to reason everything else that was 'made' in the Garden of Eden had the appearance of age; like trees with tree rings inside indicating their growth seasons. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

To sustain what was made [trees & plants], the soil had to be fertile. How does fertilization of the soil occur for the life cycle? Things must die first over a period of time and become food [top soil] for micro organisms and insects to survive, reproduce, aerate, cycle and then become an ecology to support plant life, therefore all life. A seed must first die before it can germinate and grow. 

Therefore; it seems apparent death had to preexist to support life for the six day creation. Physical human death entered the world when Adam sinned for him and all his future prodigy. 

If the above assumptions are accurate and correct; then it gives a different interpretation. How do you disagree?

No where in Scripture does it refer to God as existing in death... Scripture only speaks of life and that life is the light of men...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Good morning brothers - Alive, Dennis, Omega2xx, ayin jade

I hope you don't mind me "Chiming in".

It's helpful that you've shared quite a few of your study tools here. I'll check into them - Thank you.

I have a fairly large library like you gentlemen, that has resources that are totally different than yours that you may find an interest in. Here's a partial list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerhart Kittle - Greek 10 volumn (10,000 page) Theological Dictionary of The New Testament.

Merrill C. Tenny - 5 volumn Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible.

William D. Mounce ( PHD., Aberdeen University in Washington) President of Greek Bible training.

Basics of Biblical Greek Video Lecture Series - A complete 36 lecture coarse.

Basics of Biblical Greek - Grammar - 419 Pages

Basics of Biblical Greek - Vocabulary - Audio cd

Greek For the Rest of Us - 33 Video Lectures - DVD

Greek For the Rest of Us - The Essentials od Biblical Greek - 293 Pages

Reverse Interlinear For the Rest of Us - For New Testament Word Studies

Jay P. Green - Hebrew-Greek-English Interlinear Bible

Concordances

Robert L. Thomas, THD - New American Standard - Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible - Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek

Goodrick & Kohlenberger lll - NIV Exhaustive Concordance

The Lockman Foundation (Robert L. Thomas) - Strongs NASB Exhaustive Concordance

Spiros Zodhiates, PHD. 

The Complete Word Study New Testament ( With Greek references and many other study aids)

The Complete (Companion) Word Study New Testament Dictionary Greek references)

The Complete Word Study OLD TESTAMENT

The Complete Word Study Dictionary OLD TESTAMENT

A. Colin Day - Roget's Thesaurus of the Bible

Joseph H. Thayer - Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon Of the New Testament

Christopher Vaughan - The New Testament Textus Receptus

S. K. Park, PHD>, THD. - A Parsing guide to the Textus Receptus Greek New Testament

I hope some of these could possibly help you as they have me.

All the best and GOD BLESS

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 hours ago, Alive said:

It is interesting how the translators decided on word choices.

As you know, the bible has been translated and transliterated several times. In my studies in the English modern day language, so much has either been modified, misinterpreted or changes doctrinally, one has to go back and study in the original languages to find Gods original intentions for us.

The huge differences I either found or had revealed to me were in my world "EARTH SHATTERING", and turned my faith and beliefs UPSIDE DOWN, and inside-out.

In other words - SHOCKING :happyhappy:.

It's taken me months to come to grips since 42 years of study finally gave me the answers I was searching for, but I was not prepared for what the Holy Spirit revealed to me.

It's so different than what the majority have accepted as the same truth I once believed it to be too.

No one wants to hear it.

Oh well, it's in God's hands to do as he wished.