• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Alive said:

Yup--did that for a bunch of years. Hard on the eyes.

Anytime that you need something quick or another take on something---just reach out to me and I will be glad to put this tech monster to work for you.

I mean that.

Thanks.  I am glad you are alive. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, nzkev said:

The rest of your post didn't relate to the thread so I decided not to respond which was hard.... but if you go back one verse from what I posted it says

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. 

My only comment about the gap theory is that those who invented it changed "was" in Gen 1:2 to "became."  That is not allowed

Since you posted the verse correctly, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

Love, peace, oy

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Talk about fruit of the Spirit...:6:

My typing and editing skills  have just been exposed.  I knew I would do that sooner  or  later.  Hope  it started your day with a smile.

Love peace and joy

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hi omega2xx. I have to ask, "Were you there at the beginning of the Universe?"

No, were you?  If we were is irrelevant, we are going to consider some Scripture to see when physical light entered the universe.  Since light" is God's first spoken word to man, I believe  it is one of the most important words in the Bible.  It is also God's most used metaphor in the Bible symbolizing many things, and if I can find my notes, I will post them today.  If Christians never see the value of how God uses figurative  language, they will miss much of the beauty and assurance God's teaches us.

Let me give you a couple examples:

Jn 16:25a  - These things I have spoken to you in figurative language.

Col 2:16-17 - These verse tell  us some literal things are only a shadow of Christ.  This  list is snot complete.

Gal 4:24a - This is allegorically speaking.

Your statement above contradicts Scripture. The reason God said "Let there be Light" is because it was previously absent from His newly created Universe. Sure, God is Light and there is always light in the infinite realm of His eternal Presence, but until God spoke into the deep darkness of the newly created Universe there was no visible light in it.   

Since God is light, and since He is eternal, there has always been light in the universe.  I have only contradicted Scripture if your interpretation is the only possible interpretation.  Let me give you another possibility with "light" in it.

2 Cor 4:4 - in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving that the may not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ in the image of God.

We might also include Psa 119:105 - You word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Gen 1:1-4
(1)  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
(2)  The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
(3)  Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
(4)  And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

"when used as a metaphor, darkness usually symbolizes the opposite of light.  Let's limit it here to the inability to see(understand) the gospel

Lk 1:79 speaks of people sitting in darkness and the light  shined upon them to guide their feet into the way of peace.  They were not sitting in literal darkness, but in spiritual darkness and now the Light of the world is coming to guide them into seeing the light of the gospel that glorified Christ, and Jesus is the Word(Jn 1:1) who will do it.

I Jn 1:5 - God is Light

Jas 1:17 - God is the Father of lights.  What kind of children would a Father of lights  have?

John 8:120 Jesus is the Light of the world.

Mt 3:17 - This is My beloved Son.

Mt 5:14 - WE are he light of the world.

I Jn 3:2 - Beloved(same adjective God said about Jesus) now we are children of God...

Eph 5:8 - For you were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord, walk as children of light.

In these verses God is personified a Light, Jesus is personified as Light and Christians are personified as light.  This establishes our spiritual relationships with God and with Jesus, necessary for Jesus to be our kinsman Redeemer(Ruth).  If the could test for spiritual DNA it would confirm this relationship.

Love, Peace, joy

Edited by omega2xx

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, omega2xx said:

Oh dear Omega2xx. You seem to be challenged when it comes to posting coherently so let me help you improve. The above box is for previously posted comments that are being quoted. You have already been asked not to write your responses and comments in these boxes. When you do so you make it difficult to distinguish your input from the quotes of others.

You may choose to view the Creation account as metaphorical but I consider it literal. When God said "Let there be light" after He had created the Universe, He provided literal, physical light. Believe it or not, the Universe was literally and physically in darkness prior to this, and of course this was prior to the existence of Adam and his helpmate Eve, so by the sixth day when they were made by God the sun was in place for the earth to orbit as it rotated day by day.

Blessings from Michael37

11 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Oh dear Omega2xx. You seem to be challenged when it comes to posting coherently so let me help you improve. The above box is for previously posted comments that are being quoted. You have already been asked not to write your responses and comments in these boxes. When you do so you make it difficult to distinguish your input from the quotes of others.

You may choose to view the Creation account as metaphorical but I consider it literal. When God said "Let there be light" after He had created the Universe, He provided literal, physical light. Believe it or not, the Universe was literally and physically in darkness prior to this, and of course this was prior to the existence of Adam and his helpmate Eve, so by the sixth day when they were made by God the sun was in place for the earth to orbit as it rotated day by day.

Blessings from Michael37

Thanks for trying to help me out, but I need one more bit of information.  Hows do I respond to a portion of a post without putting it in the quote box?  For example How would I respond to  your sentenced of "You seem challenged when it comes to posting coherently  ....  then address the other parts of the paragraph?

The fact that I don't  interpret the light in Gen 1:3 the way you do does not mean I do not take the creation account literally.  I do.  God did not introduced physical light into His universe until the 4th day.  Therefore the light in verse 3 could not be physical light.  what was it?

Consider this, it is not possible to have evening and morning without light and the earth orbiting but we have them, except that is not mentioned for the Sabbath.  Why is that?

You  need to address The following questions:

Is God eternal?

Is God Light?

Is God's Shekinah glory light?

Is His Shekinah glory eternal?

If God is Light and He is eternal, how was here ever physical darkness in the  universe.

Also the darkness in v2 was  limited to the surface of the deep. The whole universe is not included.

Love peace and joy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/16/2019 at 7:11 AM, Alive said:

Thank you for that Seasoned. I also look at the original languages for help and clarification.

It is interesting how the translators decided on word choices.

It is, and pertaining to this topic, the particular Hebrew words "hayah" and "asah". The correct meaning and translation of these two words, will give the verses of creation a different understanding. Again, I'm just looking at this right now from the gap theory perspective, looking at both sides of the debate.