JoeCanada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

I have heard many different views regarding the Book of Revelation. Some say it’s to be taken literally, some say it’s all allegorical, some say it’s chronological, while others say it isn’t, and some say it’s too confusing and they don’t bother with it.

I’ve looked at many interpretations and have read many commentaries, but they just don’t seem to hit the nail squarely. There were always questions unanswered.

Traditionally, when the Book of Revelation is taught, what is happening in that particular chapter is gone over, but not where that particular chapter fits in the overall picture in Revelation.

Now, I’m not going to do a verse by verse or a chapter by chapter.

What I’d like to do is give an overall view as to how Revelation was written. This will probably be a surprise to many. But I think that this view will really make things quite clear.

Let me say upfront that the order of Revelation is a great mystery and all of us are guessing to some extent. There are some things we can know and maybe some things we can’t. All of us should approach it with a humble heart. I don’t think any of us can be 100% certain of the order of events until they happen.

So stay with me…..take off your pre-conceived glasses…..and consider this view.

One important note before we begin looking at the timeline.

John was instructed by Jesus Himself to write the visions he saw, but was not asked to interpret them.

Rev 1:11…..” Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches……”

Since this was Jesus’ command to John to write down the visions without explanations, we have the book in exactly the form the Lord desired it. (We don’t know if John understood the visions or the order as he didn’t communicate that) If it’s mysterious, that’s exactly the way the Lord wanted it.

When the disciples asked Jesus why certain things were mysterious and why He explained things in parables and symbols, He answered them….” To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them it has not been granted”……..Matt 13:11

Revelation has over 500 Old Testament (OT) references, and it’s only 450 verses. The symbols are based on these references to the OT, the horses, the beasts, etc. So, believers with a good knowledge of the OT are in a huge advantage in understanding the Book of Revelation. Yet many only focus on the New Testament (NT) or worse yet, from the epistles of Paul. They miss the full council of God.

The Book of Amos tells us that in there is coming a famine of the Word of God.

It’s no wonder then that most don’t know or understand Revelation which is based on the prophetic passages in the OT.

If we let scripture interpret scripture, it is quite easy to see, for instance, that Rev 6-8 have a 1-1 exact match with Matthew 24. There are 13 events in the exact same order in these two books. The statistical odd of these events in these two books not being the same events are 3 trillion to one.

We can use these sets of parallel events to prove that Rev isn’t completely chronological.

This makes Rev 6 a key passage because it exactly matches Matt 24. That means Matt 24:30, the return of Jesus on the clouds, and Rev 6:16 where He comes seated on His throne (in the clouds) is the same event.

So let’s use this important analogy between Matt 24 and Rev 6. We know that this event, the return of Jesus in Matt 24:30 and Rev 6:16 occurs AFTER the Abomination of Desolation (A of D) and AFTER the Great Tribulation (GT)………YET, in Rev, there are 16 chapters still to go….still ahead of us.

In Rev 12, there are at least 1260 more days that a person known as the ‘woman’ is nourished in the wilderness. And in Rev 13, we learn that only at this point is the Beast, the Antichrist, foreseen.

So if Rev were entirely chronological, the Antichrist would come first on the scene after the GT, after the 7th trumpet, and after Jesus returns on the clouds.

Do you see the problem with that kind of logic?

Although Rev has a non-chronological section, the seals, trumpets and bowls are completely chronological. All the seals open before any of the trumpets, and then after the trumpets are blown, only then are the bowls poured out.

When the disciples asked Jesus for the sign of His coming in the end of the age, He went into great detail the events that would happen before He’d return. These signs are the same as the first 6 seals of Rev….deception, false prophets, war, famine, A of D, martyrdom, and the celestial signs.

However, Jesus didn’t give a single trumpet or bowl sign. The reason is the trumpets and bowls occur after His return.

Either Jesus misled all of us by not telling us about things like 1/3 of the earths’ population dying, fire and brimstone, or everyone that takes the Mark of the Beast being stung by demonic locusts.

In Luke 17, Jesus also told us that the unrighteous will be living fairly normal lives prior to His return. They will be eating and drinking, building, planting, and marrying. None of these things would be done if fire and brimstone were falling or demonic locusts were stinging everyone.

So again, these things must happen after the return of Jesus.

Revelation 1 is an introduction.

Rev2 & 3 are letters to the Seven Churches.

After this are 3 visions and the material in them is mostly chronological.

The 1st vision extends from chapter 4 through 11.

The 2nd vision is from chapter 12 to 15:5.

The 3rd vision is from chapter 15:6 through 22:6.

The 1st vision takes place in heaven. John is called up to the Throne Room of God and the entire vision takes place from that vantage point. This involves the Throne Room, Jesus opening up the 7 Sealed Scroll, the events that followed the seals as seen from heaven, and of course, the rapture. Then the 7 trumpets.  It ends after the 7th trumpet when the Temple of God in heaven is opened at the end of chapter 11.

John’s 2nd vision begins in chapter 12 with the sign of the woman clothed in the sun and ends when the Temple of God is opened in chapter 15.

These 1st two visions end with exactly the same event…..the opening of the Temple of God in heaven.

John’s 3rd vision takes place after the Temple is open. The Bowls of Wrath are poured out in chapter 16. Babylon the Great is destroyed. Jesus fights Armageddon. And the millennial kingdom is established. And finally, after the millennial kingdom, the eternal state is established when God the Father descends to the earth and dwells with man forever.

So Revelation is comprised of introductory material and only 3 visions.

The 1st two visions, chapters 4 through 11, and chapters 12 through 15:5 are two visions of the same events. They aren’t different. They are looking at the same things. Rev 12 through 15:5 is essentially a retelling of what takes place in Rev 4 through 11. The 1st vision is straightforward….it looks at the events. The 2nd vision discusses the various characters involved in the events, such as the dragon, the Beast, etc.

Woman

& Dragon

Throne

Room

False

Prophets

War

Famine

Authority

Martyrs

Coming

of Christ

Rapture

Wrath

of God

Temple in

heaven opened

1st

vision

4-5

6:1-2

6:3-4

6:5-6

Rev 6:7-8

6:9-11

6:12-16

7:1-8

7:9-16

8:11

Rev 11:19

2nd

vision

Rev 12

Rev 13:13

13:4

13:16-17

Rev 13:5

13:15

14:14

14:1-5

14:15-16

15:1-4

14:17-20

Rev 15:5

The 1st vision ...........

It begins with the scene in the Throne Room of God in Rev 4 through 5. Then Jesus opens up the 1st seal in the 7 sealed scroll in Rev 6:1 through 15, the 1st seal being the coming of false messiahs, the 2nd seal – war and bloodshed, the 3rd famine and economic distress, the 4th the granting of authority to the Beast, the 5th being martyrdom, then Jesus comes on the clouds in Rev 6:16, then the 144,000 Israelite's are sealed in Rev 7, then they and the vast multitude of righteous ones from all ages are resurrected and raptured to the Throne Room of God. We see this in Rev 7:9 through 17.

After that, the Wrath of God is poured out in the form of 7 trumpets. After the final trumpet, the Temple of God in heaven is opened.

2Nd vision……………

It begins with a different introduction – the woman clothed with the sun, and the dragon. Then in Rev 13 we learn about the Beast and the False Prophet. Interestingly, we see all 5 of the first seal events detailed in this chapter----- We have signs and wonders performed by the false prophets of the 1st seal, war and bloodshed of the 2nd seal, we see the Mark of the Beast which is a reaction by the Antichrist to the economic warfare of the 3rd seal. We see the Beast given authority just as it is at the 4th seal. We see persecution and death in the martyrdom of the 5th seal, but unlike Rev 6 that simply shows the events, this chapter 13 shows how these events caused the world to worship the Beast. They show Satan’s purpose for these things so they’re adding to what we learned in chapter 6 in the 1st vision.

Jesus comes on the clouds in the 1st vision and sure enough in this 2nd vision Jesus comes on the clouds as well. In the 1st vision, the 144,000 are sealed and raptured and in the 2nd vision we see the 144,000 again in Rev 14:1-5, they are on the heavenly Mount Zion. They are in heaven singing a new song to the living creatures and the 24 elders. We learn an amazing fact about them that they are ‘first fruits’…..they are the first raptured, fulfilling Jesus’ prophecy that the’ last will be first’. The last saved will be the first into heaven. Then the main rapture occurs as we see Jesus harvest the earth in Rev 14:15 through 16. In Rev 15, we see these raptured saints before the Throne of God just like we did in Rev 7:9. After this, the Wrath of God is poured out – in both visions. In this 2nd vision we see it in Rev 14: 17-20.

And finally, the vision ends with the Temple of God being opened up, just like it did in chapter 11 in the 1st vision.

Eleven identical events happen in the 1st two visions.

Looking at the chart, how can they be anything other than 2 visions of the same events?

2 visions with different purposes – the 1st one showing the events – the 2nd one concentrating on the characters and purposes in the events.

Now……we wouldn’t want to remove any part of scripture, but IF we were to remove chapters 12 through 15:5, we would have the exact chronological order to Rev that we have with those chapters in there. They are simply providing more info on that 1st vision.

Many thanks go to my friend and mentor Nelson Walters for his spiritual insight and putting this together. This is probably new to you…..perhaps this is the first time you have had Revelation explained like this. When I first came upon it, it all made sense.  I believe that the book of Revelation has finally been been deciphered.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

20 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Revelation has over 500 Old Testament (OT) references, and it’s only 450 verses. The symbols are based on these references to the OT, the horses, the beasts, etc. So, believers with a good knowledge of the OT are in a huge advantage in understanding the Book of Revelation. Yet many only focus on the New Testament (NT) or worse yet, from the epistles of Paul. They miss the full council of God.

I have heard 490 but we will go with that.

If we let scripture interpret scripture, it is quite easy to see, for instance, that Rev 6-8 have a 1-1 exact match with Matthew 24. There are 13 events in the exact same order in these two books. The statistical odd of these events in these two books not being the same events are 3 trillion to one.

We can use these sets of parallel events to prove that Rev isn’t completely chronological.

This makes Rev 6 a key passage because it exactly matches Matt 24. That means Matt 24:30, the return of Jesus on the clouds, and Rev 6:16 where He comes seated on His throne (in the clouds) is the same event.

Here we differ, I don't think Matthew 24:1-14 has anything to do with with the book of Revelation, that is a misnomer.

Although Rev has a non-chronological section, the seals, trumpets and bowls are completely chronological. All the seals open before any of the trumpets, and then after the trumpets are blown, only then are the bowls poured out.

Spot on here.

When the disciples asked Jesus for the sign of His coming in the end of the age, He went into great detail the events that would happen before He’d return. These signs are the same as the first 6 seals of Rev….deception, false prophets, war, famine, A of D, martyrdom, and the celestial signs.

Here again we differ, the SIGNS are meant to be a 2000 some odd year running order of events that end with the Sun and Moon signs and THUS Jesus Returns. All of these signs happen during the Church Age until we see Jesus speaking about the AoD, and then the Great Troubles and the AC & FP etc.

Revelation 1 is an introduction.

Rev2 & 3 are letters to the Seven Churches.

After this are 3 visions and the material in them is mostly chronological.

It might or might not be three visions, but chapters 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18 and 19 are not in Chronological order, so I don't guess 15 and 16 can be either, even though I see its order as being the Seals, Trumps and Vials, so I see it as a certain Order as per the Judgment chapters.

What I will do here is try to go tit for tat on a Graph, but I will try to show the Order via every chapter. I don't mind this discussion with rational people like you, thee are some who get irrational when their ideas get rebutted.We are trying to knock these things back and forth to sharpen our swords.

I have my reasons why Matthew 24:1-14 is the Church Age, not the 70th week. 

On 11/12/2019 at 8:41 PM, JoeCanada said:

The 1st two visions, chapters 4 through 11, and chapters 12 through 15:5 are two visions of the same events. They aren’t different. They are looking at the same things. Rev 12 through 15:5 is essentially a retelling of what takes place in Rev 4 through 11. The 1st vision is straightforward….it looks at the events. The 2nd vision discusses the various characters involved in the events, such as the dragon, the Beast, etc.

Woman

& Dragon

Throne

Room

False

Prophets

War

Famine

Authority

Martyrs

Coming

of Christ

Rapture

Wrath

of God

Temple in

heaven opened

1st

vision

4-5

6:1-2

6:3-4

6:5-6

Rev 6:7-8

6:9-11

6:12-16

7:1-8

7:9-16

8:11

Rev 11:19

2nd

vision

Rev 12

Rev 13:13

13:4

13:16-17

Rev 13:5

13:15

14:14

14:1-5

14:15-16

15:1-4

14:17-20

Rev 15:5

Church Age Rapture begins the 70th Week !!

All of these Events start at the 1260, in the middle of the week in Rev. ch. 6.

In Rev.  6 The Seal, Trump and Vial Judgments.................................................................................................................

Rev. 7 the 144,000 Fleeing Jerusalem..........................

Rev. 11 actually starts EARLIER than Rev. 6 by 75 days.....................................................................................................

Rev. 12 is Satan being cast out at the 1260...........................................................................................................................

Rev. 13 is the AC becoming THE BEAST..............................................................................................................................................

Rev. 14 covers the whole 70th week............................................................................................................................................................................................

Rev. 17 is the Harlot False Religions being Judged......................................................................................................................................................................

Rev. 18 Is Babylon or the WHOLE WORLD, BEING Judged.

Rev. 19 Is Jesus taking the Church to Heaven to Marry the Lamb. 

Edited by Revelation Man

• Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

21 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

I’ve looked at many interpretations and have read many commentaries, but they just don’t seem to hit the nail squarely. There were always questions unanswered.

There are seven "visions", not three. 

1 hour ago, dhchristian said:

There are seven "visions", not three. 

Hi dh,

Well, I would really like to see them. 

5 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi dh,

1 The vision of the churches (ages) Approx. Rev 1-3 

2 The vision of the seals Rev. 4-8:5 

3 The vision of the Trumpets Rev 8:6-11 

4 The vision of the characters Rev 12-14 

5 The vision of the Bowls of wrath Rev 15-16

6 the vision of the battles Rev. 17-19 

7 The vision of the Millennium and eternity Rev. 20-end 

Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place after this. (Rev. 1:19 ESV) 

9 hours ago, dhchristian said:
15 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi dh,

1 The vision of the churches (ages) Approx. Rev 1-3 

2 The vision of the seals Rev. 4-8:5 

3 The vision of the Trumpets Rev 8:6-11 

4 The vision of the characters Rev 12-14 

5 The vision of the Bowls of wrath Rev 15-16

6 the vision of the battles Rev. 17-19 

7 The vision of the Millennium and eternity Rev. 20-end 

Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place after this. (Rev. 1:19 ESV) 

Here is a Post I started on this so that I can get all my chronology in one place. It will probably take another 3-4 posts to complete it all.

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/13/2019 at 3:39 PM, Revelation Man said:

I have heard 490 but we will go with that.

Here we differ, I don't think Matthew 24:1-14 has anything to do with with the book of Revelation, that is a misnomer.

Spot on here.

Here again we differ, the SIGNS are meant to be a 2000 some odd year running order of events that end with the Sun and Moon signs and THUS Jesus Returns. All of these signs happen during the Church Age until we see Jesus speaking about the AoD, and then the Great Troubles and the AC & FP etc.

It might or might not be three visions, but chapters 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18 and 19 are not in Chronological order, so I don't guess 15 and 16 can be either, even though I see its order as being the Seals, Trumps and Vials, so I see it as a certain Order as per the Judgment chapters.

What I will do here is try to go tit for tat on a Graph, but I will try to show the Order via every chapter. I don't mind this discussion with rational people like you, thee are some who get irrational when their ideas get rebutted.We are trying to knock these things back and forth to sharpen our swords.

I have my reasons why Matthew 24:1-14 is the Church Age, not the 70th week. 

Hi RM,

First off, I wish you a speedy recovery after your operation. I pray all is well.

I also apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been remodeling my wife's office for the past month. Pretty much 7 days a week. Not easy when the staff is in there.

So, I have a few responses for you. I'll start with this one:

In Matthew 24:1-14, the disciples asked Jesus...."When will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?"

Jesus then tells them...." See that no one misleads you....wars and rumors of wars...kingdom against kingdom.....etc.....But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs"

It is this...."Beginning of birth pangs"....that we should pay attention to.

Since Jesus was talking to His disciples, who were Jewish, He used this term so that they would understand the meaning of it.

Basically, the Jews referred to these "birth pangs"......as literally, "the birth pangs of the Messiah". They are the birth pangs that Israel (personified as a woman) experiences which culminate in the "birth", or coming into the world, of the Messiah.

In other words,  Israel will experience great distress and tribulation, (represented as birth pangs) before the coming of the Messiah into the world.

And that distress and tribulation, is what Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24:4-7 inclusive.

16 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi RM,

First off, I wish you a speedy recovery after your operation. I pray all is well.

I also apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been remodeling my wife's office for the past month. Pretty much 7 days a week. Not easy when the staff is in there.

Thanks brother, got rid of the Prostrate on the 19th, the Lymp-nodes were cancer free but while in there they saw my bladder had cancer just starting, so they got that whilst in there but they may want to do a little radiation to be safe in about a month. The Lymp-nodes are the important sign I think in that it spreads to other organs via the blood stream, so maybe God has plans for me further on earth. 

16 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

So, I have a few responses for you. I'll start with this one:

In Matthew 24:1-14, the disciples asked Jesus...."When will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?"

Jesus then tells them...." See that no one misleads you....wars and rumors of wars...kingdom against kingdom.....etc.....But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs"

It is this...."Beginning of birth pangs"....that we should pay attention to.

Since Jesus was talking to His disciples, who were Jewish, He used this term so that they would understand the meaning of it.

Basically, the Jews referred to these "birth pangs"......as literally, "the birth pangs of the Messiah". They are the birth pangs that Israel (personified as a woman) experiences which culminate in the "birth", or coming into the world, of the Messiah.

In other words,  Israel will experience great distress and tribulation, (represented as birth pangs) before the coming of the Messiah into the world.

And that distress and tribulation, is what Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24:4-7 inclusive.

Here is where I think people get off track on Matt. 24, they see all this or much of it as the 70th week tribulation period, when if we follow the timelines it can't be that. The Disciples themselves are warned they will all die {save John of course} or be killed for Jesus. 

Matt. 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

So any end time 70th week period of time before this verse just can't be factual. Jesus is giving them a run down of what he initially told them about, the temples destruction, I see that as the first false christ mention. Then he gives them the 2000 some odd year church age false prophet/preachers period through verse 14. 

In other words the very thing Jesus told them about to start with, he now warns them, hey, there will be false christs {this fulfills John 5:43} and the Pharisees, Jews knowing Rome was the Fourth Beast put forth their Political Messianic Saviors, not realizing the real Messiah was not just a political leader, but the Son of the Living God !! So Jesus warns them about this, no doubt they need to stay away from Jerusalem at this time, and they don't need to fall for the lie that the Messiah is come.  Then after that the Church Age tribulation which Christ promised the Saints they must go through, saying ye will always have tribulation. Jesus showed them there would be a period of time with many, many, many wars, much famine, many earthquakes and much pestilence {Black Plague}. That covers from Jesus till now and until the Rapture, its the Church Age Period. These are the beginning of sorrows, or as you say Birth pangs. On earth there was 2000 years flood..........2000 years Jesus.......... and 2000 years bring the Birth Pangs of the coming 70th week which will be the baby. The Birth Pangs are not the baby, they are just the sign the baby is near brother. Jesus even tells us the end is BY and BY.

The false preachers in verse 11 are the Robert Tilton types, the Jim Jones and the David Koresh types, and even Joseph Smith in my mind. Then in verse 12 we are told sin abounds, but he that endures {ones lifetime race, Paul said we must run the race until the end} until the end will be saved. Many people think this means the 70th week tribulation it doesn't, verse 14 says when the Gospel is preached unto the ends of the earth, THEN the end {70th week} will come. You see brother, verses 4-7 was 70 AD. And I think if Israel/Jews had of accepted Christ, 70 AD would have been the End Times !! But of course God knowing all things knew they would reject His Son Jesus. 

God Bless brother, and happy Thanksgiving unto our God. We see darkly now, but one day we will see clearly. 

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

You see brother, verses 4-7 was 70 AD. And I think if Israel had accepted Christ, 70 AD would have been the End Times !!

Yes. Or anytime he was on earth. Would have put an end to the end, so to speak. 

• Thumbs Up 1