Had a nightmare for the first time in years

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've been agnostic for about two or three years now and honestly I had no problems with it until just recently. A strong majority of my family is Christian, and so was I until I was around 16. But anyways, a few days ago, a friend of mine texted me out of nowhere asking if I had a religion. And speaking truthfully, I told him that I was agnostic and that I don't really have the faith that Christians tend to have. Jokingly, or at least i hope it was, he replied "Satan has a grip on your heart." I thought it was weird but he tends to say weird things pretty often and our conversation soon derailed into politics somehow. Later that night I had the first nightmare in what was probably years. I was on some sort of camp with a few miserable looking people and we were all working on something, not really sure what. Then all of a sudden, one of the workers just fell and became a heap of decayed flesh. I looked around me and there were just massive piles of gore everywhere. That alarmed me, but the part that really terrified me was that I heard something threaten my life. It sounded evil and horrifying and I get the chills just thinking about it. Now, I'm not really the type of person to get scared at all. I'm an avid watcher of horror movies and I love creepy stories, but nothing scared me the way this nightmare did. I'm sure that it was just a bad dream and all of the horror movies just caught up to me, but I can't shake that fear. I honestly dont even want to sleep because I don't want to dream of that place again. I know it's selfish of me, but I want to find God again. I tried praying to him just before writing this and I just kept crying for some reason and I felt like I was spinning. Again, I don't know if I'm just stupid or crazy but this whole situation just shook me up a little. If anyone has any advice on how to open myself up to finding my faith again, it would be really appreciated. And I'm really sorry for the long post, I literally made this account just recently and I'm not even sure if this will even get approved haha.. But any advice would be really nice. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Simple answer is to talk to your parents.

But if you can't do that then tell God you are sorry and ask him to forgive you and tell him you want Jesus as your Saviour and Lord.

May I suggest that you go to church and talk to the minister.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

On 11/13/2019 at 1:44 AM, yuert said:

I've been agnostic for about two or three years now and honestly I had no problems with it until just recently. A strong majority of my family is Christian, and so was I until I was around 16. But anyways, a few days ago, a friend of mine texted me out of nowhere asking if I had a religion. And speaking truthfully, I told him that I was agnostic and that I don't really have the faith that Christians tend to have. Jokingly, or at least i hope it was, he replied "Satan has a grip on your heart." I thought it was weird but he tends to say weird things pretty often and our conversation soon derailed into politics somehow. Later that night I had the first nightmare in what was probably years. I was on some sort of camp with a few miserable looking people and we were all working on something, not really sure what. Then all of a sudden, one of the workers just fell and became a heap of decayed flesh. I looked around me and there were just massive piles of gore everywhere. That alarmed me, but the part that really terrified me was that I heard something threaten my life. It sounded evil and horrifying and I get the chills just thinking about it. Now, I'm not really the type of person to get scared at all. I'm an avid watcher of horror movies and I love creepy stories, but nothing scared me the way this nightmare did. I'm sure that it was just a bad dream and all of the horror movies just caught up to me, but I can't shake that fear. I honestly dont even want to sleep because I don't want to dream of that place again. I know it's selfish of me, but I want to find God again. I tried praying to him just before writing this and I just kept crying for some reason and I felt like I was spinning. Again, I don't know if I'm just stupid or crazy but this whole situation just shook me up a little. If anyone has any advice on how to open myself up to finding my faith again, it would be really appreciated. And I'm really sorry for the long post, I literally made this account just recently and I'm not even sure if this will even get approved haha.. But any advice would be really nice. 

Yuert,

You are delving into the world of Demons and demon possession, by watching those movies, and the life you have lived, the music you listen to. They have control over you right now, and the nightmares are just a manifestation of that. If you are serious about what you said of wanting to return to Jesus You need to pray the following:

Heavenly Father, I need you, I need you to break the Bonds of these spirits that are influencing me. Protect me in Jesus name from these spirits, and cleanse me from them. Loose those chains they have over me, and place me under the protection of the Your shed blood on the cross. In Jesus name Amen.

This is just a beginning, You may have gone to church as kid, and even said a prayer of salvation, But you are an adult now, and you have to make that choice yourself now to be born again.  Your heavenly Father is waiting for you to Return to Him and make that choice to follow Him of your own free will as an adult. Get on your knees and Repent, Call out to Him And he will cleanse you, and fill you with His peace. Talk to him as if you are talking to your Father.

God bless.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 11/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, yuert said:

I had the first nightmare in what was probably years. I was on some sort of camp with a few miserable looking people and we were all working on something, not really sure what. Then all of a sudden, one of the workers just fell and became a heap of decayed flesh. I looked around me and there were just massive piles of gore everywhere. That alarmed me, but the part that really terrified me was that I heard something threaten my life. It sounded evil and horrifying and I get the chills just thinking about it. Now, I'm not really the type of person to get scared at all. I'm an avid watcher of horror movies and I love creepy stories, but nothing scared me the way this nightmare did. I'm sure that it was just a bad dream and all of the horror movies just caught up to me, but I can't shake that fear. I honestly dont even want to sleep because I don't want to dream of that place again. I know it's selfish of me, but I want to find God again. I tried praying to him just before writing this and I just kept crying for some reason and I felt like I was spinning. Again, I don't know if I'm just stupid or crazy but this whole situation just shook me up a little. If anyone has any advice on how to open myself up to finding my faith again, it would be really appreciated. And I'm really sorry for the long post, I literally made this account just recently and I'm not sure even if this will even get approved haha.. But any advice would be really nice.

Hi yuert,

Apparently, your post of concern was approved. I edited it down a bit to focus on your nightmare experience, and the anxiety it is causing you. dhchristian has offered some of the best advice here, and I'd seriously consider what has been posted. This prayer that was also submitted to you in loving suggestion, would also be a tremendous help if you'd call out to the Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart. He is our peace, my friend. Allow me to give you a couple of scriptures of His promises to those who come to Him in faith believing. God bless you. 

Shalom, (peace)

David/BeauJangles 

John 14:27 KJV 27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:33 KJV 33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.